Dear BlackBerry:

You do a good job of guessing what your end-users want. Naturally, you miss some! From feature-request posts I've read, and from leaks of your 10.2 and roadmap on your developer site, I've arrived at two conclusions:

1. Most requests are ALREADY on your roadmap. That's good. Shows, you know your customers!

2. But you are doing a very poor job of prioritizing this feedback!

Just because it's already on your roadmap, it doesn't mean you sit back and wait! You MUST bump-up priority of most-requested-features! Had it planned for 10.2? Bump it up to 10.1.X For 10.2? Try 10.1.x! Eg: Given demand, advanced notifications should've been bumped-up to 10.1!

See:
    1. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html
    2. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-803136/

Prioritize most-requested-features. Planned for 10.3? Bump to 10.2! For 10.2? Try 10.1.x!

Give us - the end-users - what we want URGENTLY - now; and watch us become your most vocal, most enthusiastic, sales-team! We will SELL like HELL! Figure out most-requested-features and prioritize them (if they are already planned for later release; or add them to your list, if they were not planned at all).

Thanks
    jegs2 and jaylysf like this.
    07-10-13 11:59 PM
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    07-11-13 12:04 AM
    With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that this isn't already being done at BlackBerry. #justsaying
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    07-11-13 08:33 AM
    With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that this isn't already being done at BlackBerry. #justsaying
    Yep - I agree - it is hard to believe but it's true. Advanced notifications and other most-requested-features (some of them possibly trivial to implement) did not come (or did not get bumped up to 10.1). Those are cases in point.

BlackBerry has an internal roadmap (leaks of 10.2, and developer page provide a glimpse of what's on their roadmap). So, it appears that BlackBerry folks come to this forum, see a feature-request and be like 'aha, this is already on the roadmap, no action needed'.

What I am suggesting is that 'action' is indeed needed. And that action is, when you see a feature requested so many times, it should get a priority bump. If it was in your roadmap for 10.3, it should get bumped up to 10.2 or even 10.1.x because your very real customers are dealing with these issues in real life, day to day scenarios. By bumping-up priority level of a feature that's causing day to day inconvenience to users, you'd help make a real life difference in your end-user's life.

That difference will make your user talk about your product to friends, family! And will get BlackBerry more sales!

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 07-11-13 at 10:16 AM.
    07-11-13 08:54 AM
    I don't mind it if blackberry does copycat what the competition already has. They've done the same thing, so why not? :P
    07-12-13 12:43 AM