Dear BlackBerry...please listen to your loyal customers-untitled.png

This is not a concept phone. This post is about what I want from the BlackBerry. The pic is used only for the reference.

BlackBerry is losing its market share and no one actually knows how many Blackberry Priv�s have been sold. But in this competitive market with big players like LG, Samsung, Huawei, HTC etc. BlackBerry should bring a device which can stand out in the crowd. For this purpose, BlackBerry should bring a beast of all the other smartphone and just simply call it BlackBerry Beast.

I would love to see the following specs:

Body: Stainless Steel body

CPU + GPU: Snapdragon 820 + Adreno 530

Display: 5.5 inches Super AMOLED 1440x2560 pixels

Memory: 64 GB internal + microSD card slot, 4 GB RAM

Rear Camera: 21 MP, f/1.7, OIS. 3X optical zoom (ASUS Zenfone Zoom has)

Front Camera: 8 MP

Battery: 3600 mAh or 4000 mAh (wouldn�t mind a thicker phone), Quick charge

OS: Android OS, v6.0 Marshmallow (would love to see BB10 too)

Sound: Two very loud and powerful front firing speakers, 32 bit Hi-Fi DAC audio (like one in LG V10)

Fingerprint Sensor

Price: $500

And for those who want some more and doesn�t care much of the price

Keep the all specs above except:

Body: Titanium/Stainless Steel

Memory: 256 GB internal + microSD card slot

Rear Camera: 43 MP/50 MP, f/1.7, OIS. 3X optical zoom (because why not)

Price: $700/$800/$900 (whatever they want to price it, it�s up to them)

So an average customer will get a very good all round phone at decent price and those who want a powerhouse can also have a premium phone of their choice.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:33 AM
    Dear BlackBerry...please listen to your loyal customers-untitled.png

Original pic Downloaded from the forum

Edited on ms paint
    Sry for my bad editing

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:37 AM
    The sooner you accept that Blackberry will stop producing phone hardware by the end of this year, the happier you'll be. Time to move on.
    02-29-16 09:51 AM
    The sooner you accept that Blackberry will stop producing phone hardware by the end of this year, the happier you'll be. Time to move on.
    Thank you Doctor. I'm sure that OP is eternally grateful for your inside knowledge on both BlackBerry and OP's happiness.

Now please follow your own advice and move on.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 10:33 AM
    What if BlackBerry isn't the company to do this? The competition is much more capable of putting this kind of superphone together. BlackBerry outsources much of its hardware design. The employees who can do this were probably laid off a long time ago.
    02-29-16 10:39 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't have the market presence or manufacturing scale to sell that for $500 without losing big money on each unit. You want a phone that is better than the Priv but costs $200 less?

If BlackBerry wants to sell me-too Android slabs its best bet is to rebrand someone else's phones. They should have cozied up to Xaomi or someone.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    TGR1 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    02-29-16 10:40 AM
    Coldwell Banker, please treat your customers. Please sell us a Midtown Manhattan penthouse for $397,000.

Posted via CB app on my BlackBerry Classic
    02-29-16 10:44 AM
    The BlackBerry CAN come back if they really wanted to. All they need to do is listen to their customers and actually compare their phones with the current market to get an idea of where they stand.

I see BlackBerry as I see Nintendo; both have large loyal customers but both companies refuse to listen to their customers and produce the beast that would change the game.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 10:48 AM
    Great looking device but BlackBerry is never going to make a phone like that at that price. They are making phones with way less specs than that now that they are charging way more for (or were charging more for). A phone like you want would be in the $1000 range.
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-29-16 11:43 AM
    The BlackBerry CAN come back if they really wanted to. All they need to do is listen to their customers and actually compare their phones with the current market to get an idea of where they stand.

I see BlackBerry as I see Nintendo; both have large loyal customers but both companies refuse to listen to their customers and produce the beast that would change the game.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds easy..... and all touch super phone, is what many have been asking for since the STORM was fumbled onto the market.

Problem is BlackBerry isn't really a manufacture anymore, and they don't have the economy of scale to compete with the likes of Samsung or HTC. And they are too big to operate on the profit levels that a company like OnePlus can. They need Apple level profits on each device, but they are playing in the Android market where that just isn't possible.
    JeepBB and FF22 like this.
    02-29-16 12:07 PM
    Great looking device but BlackBerry is never going to make a phone like that at that price. They are making phones with way less specs than that now that they are charging way more for (or were charging more for). A phone like you want would be in the $1000 range.
    That's the problem. They can't compete in scaled production costs. The BlackBerry Beast would have to have a beastly price.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    02-29-16 12:10 PM
    Lol.

Dude, get the xiaomi redmi note 2 for 170 or so $ and that's it!

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    02-29-16 12:16 PM
    I thought Chen had recently confirmed there would be no further devices in 2016?

By which, many are reading as 'no further devices'.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 12:20 PM
    When there are no new BlackBerry Devices, I have my new dream phone. The HP X3.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876 patched 2813 ART)
    Alain_A and AllanQuatermain like this.
    02-29-16 01:15 PM
    I thought Chen had recently confirmed there would be no further devices in 2016?

By which, many are reading as 'no further devices'.

Posted via CB10
    He mentioned the possibility of a second Android phone at CES this year,

cnet.com/news/blackberry-going-all-in-on-android-phones-for-now/
    02-29-16 01:49 PM
    Loyal customers? What all 15 of you?
    JeepBB and xtremeled like this.
    02-29-16 02:19 PM
    Samsung is struggling as it is playing in the android hardware space. You expect Bbry to beat them? Lol

Apple gets by on the entire ecosystem.

The real money is on the software and services side.
    02-29-16 02:30 PM
    Last full touch didn't do so well even though it was said the faithful wanted one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    02-29-16 02:51 PM
    Dear, Loyal Customer

Please listen to Blackberry: move on
    02-29-16 03:23 PM
    Last full touch didn't do so well even though it was said the faithful wanted one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    Becauth of specth...? ;-(((

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    02-29-16 03:31 PM
    Ahaha I can't believe that all the people and even BlackBerry itself cannot undestand that the only thing to do it's not another smartphone.

Another Android slab won't sell, another BlackBerry10 touch will sell better than the Android one (because of all the loyalists waiting for it) but won't sell.

BlackBerry must recreate a verginity inventing something new outside the smartphone market, something that will be well recognized by the people for its uniqueness...

But at BlackBerry nobody understands how to market what they sell, think about it: they are number one seller in the car infotainment segment, and nobody knows about QNX, go figure !!!
    02-29-16 03:36 PM
    Another Android slab won't sell, another BlackBerry10 touch will sell better than the Android one (because of all the loyalists waiting for it) but won't sell.
    Seriously? By what measures do you come to this conclusion? Give one example where the "BlackBerry Loyalists" ever did anything for BBRY in device sales.
    Uzi, bakron1, JeepBB and 5 others like this.
    02-29-16 04:00 PM
    Seriously? By what measures do you come to this conclusion? Give one example where the "BlackBerry Loyalists" ever did anything for BBRY in device sales.
    I said that many loyalists are awaiting for a new BlackBerry10 but anyway another BlackBerry10, won't sell either.

I believe this by the number of Z10, Z30 and Passport users that aren't separating by their device and they are far more numerous than Priv's users unless Chen does not say otherwise...

Anyway, again, another BlackBerry10 won't sell enough. It's not a race between BlackBerry10 and Android. We'll see Priv's numbers soon...

BlackBerry needs to go outside smartphone market.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 05:16 PM
    I don't see BBRY pricing that at $500 though.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-29-16 05:23 PM
    I'm still waiting on my unicorn from BlackBerry
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-29-16 08:19 PM
117 123 ...