Ahaha I can't believe that all the people and even BlackBerry itself cannot undestand that the only thing to do it's not another smartphone.

Another Android slab won't sell, another BlackBerry10 touch will sell better than the Android one (because of all the loyalists waiting for it) but won't sell.

BlackBerry must recreate a verginity inventing something new outside the smartphone market, something that will be well recognized by the people for its uniqueness...
    Intrestingly enough, this is believed to be what Microsoft is trying to do.
    02-29-16 10:47 PM
    Loyal customers? What all 15 of you?
    Watch what you say or me and the other 14 loyal customers will pick on you. But only in a friendly way.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-29-16 11:11 PM
    Seriously? By what measures do you come to this conclusion? Give one example where the "BlackBerry Loyalists" ever did anything for BBRY in device sales.
    Well I waited four years to replace my 9810, had to get a Classic.
    02-29-16 11:17 PM
    Well as usual i'm late to the party. I just got a new Q10 that i'm loving. But I have to ask, considering this forum is named "crackberry".. what are you BB haters doing here? You don't have better things to do, like hang out in some samsung or apple iphone fan forum? You just like taunting blackberry fans?
    02-29-16 11:23 PM
    The sooner you accept that Blackberry will stop producing phone hardware by the end of this year, the happier you'll be. Time to move on.
    At the end of the 90s Apple was considered just as dead with plenty of haters saying just what you guys are saying now.
    I think BlackBerry is going through the same thing - and it could kill them or they could make a come back but only with a leader that understands what is needed.
    When Steve Jobs returned to Apple the only thing that he really changed is he made Apple employees believe in themselves again and focus back at what they do best, and then told the world about that change.

So BlackBerry could rise again but only if they get rid of the dead-weight employees & get back to a core team that understands what made BlackBerry great in the first place, and then create a device based on that and market it like crazy.
    Blackberry without hardware is nothing. That might limp along like IBM is but they will never change the world again without consumer hardware just like IBM is pretty much irrelevant now, at least as far as changing the technology world goes.

I think adopting android is a doomed path, although I hope it works out anyways. I purchased the Q10 because I'm tired of all the annoying things about Android. There are enough generic android manufacturers - Blackberry needs to be different or it's nothing.

But you guys who are pushing for BlackBerrys demise are creating a self fulfilling prophecy. A lot of tech enthusiasts just jump on the nearest negative bandwagon instead of thinking for themselves.
    By only supporting Android because everyone else tells you to, your going to make sure only Android is supportable .. which sucks.

Lastly I don't have a need to "move on". A community of tech enthusiasts can survive decades even after the parent company dies if they have a fighting spirit.
    I refurbish Palm PDAs and sell them and the Palm community is still huge and alive... whereas Windows Mobile is almost completely dead because everyone in that community adopted the negativity you guys are adopting which made developers quit much faster.

OS/2 supporters managed to keep OS/2 running and alive until today even though IBM long abandoned it. You have more power to decide your fate and the fate of BB10 then you give yourself credit for.

Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world usually do.
    Last edited by ravencore; 03-01-16 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Typos
    Asvertus likes this.
    02-29-16 11:54 PM
    Well as usual i'm late to the party. I just got a new Q10 that i'm loving. But I have to ask, considering this forum is named "crackberry".. what are you BB haters doing here? You don't have better things to do, like hang out in some samsung or apple iphone fan forum? You just like taunting blackberry fans?
    Haters gonna hate. Whacha gonna do? My guess is they like to feel superior cuz their brand of phone sells better than BlackBerry and by association they equate that success with themselves. If they hang out in apple or samsung land, they are amongst like minded equal crowd followers and they have nothing to boast about.

Just my opinion. I could be way off the mark, however, their repeated posts lead me to believe that they need their daily affirmation. So whatever.

Enjoy your Q10. I kinda regret not getting one when BlackBerry was clearing them out at big discounts. Typing this on a Q5.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 11:59 PM
    Nice. With a 21 MP camera we will need 256GB.

Your specs kind of remind me of the OnePlus "Superphone." Minus the Stainless Steel Chassis of course. The OnePlus has been called an Iphone Killer and if they can do it as cheap as they do, then Blackberry should be able too.....right?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-01-16 12:23 AM
    Haters gonna hate. Whacha gonna do?
    Enjoy your Q10. I kinda regret not getting one when BlackBerry was clearing them out at big discounts. Typing this on a Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! The Q10 is the best phone iv'e used to date, and i've used a lot. .
    The Q5 and Q10 seem very alike- I really like the dual case color(black and white) of the q5 actually from the picture I looked at.

I've used some Android slider phones but the q10 keyboard seems much more natural to type with. The last few years ive' used all touchscreen phones, including the unique Yotaphone, but I really like the blackberry keyboard.
    03-01-16 12:56 AM
    Intrestingly enough, this is believed to be what Microsoft is trying to do.
    I think Microsoft has a lot of potential but they have a commitment problem. The omnia ii was one of my favorite phones in the day but they keep totally changing their ecosystem every few years. Same thing with their search engines. New directions are good but only if you make up your mind and really go for it once you've found it.

Of course Google is even worse and yet strangely people like them.
    03-01-16 01:21 AM
    The deal breaker for me is when WhatsApp stop supporting BlackBerry. Now regardless of what mega phone BlackBerry releases, I won't be buying it unless it's Android. Will wait til end of year and see how things go with WhatsApp. I'll have to save up and buy three Privs.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 04:33 AM
    Most of your so-called "haters" are still using BlackBerry phones. Most of the folks you say "want BlackBerry to die" actually are upset because something they love is failing and likely to disappear. The difference is huge and you need to understand that.

This forum is full of people who are upset because of how things turn out. Very VERY few people on here want to see BlackBerry shrivel up and die.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    03-01-16 05:15 AM
    Fingerprint Sensor
    That day I'll state BlackBerry has lost any common sense on "security".
    The freakest threat for all of us : using a unique, personal, distinctive and non modifiable credential is the worst idea, ever. I thought I'll never wrote that but if you really believe convenience is all, just don't lock your device. The risk is way more acceptable.
    (why - short : if stolen, you're toasted. Forever. No way back)
    03-01-16 06:17 AM
    Nice. With a 21 MP camera we will need 256GB.

Your specs kind of remind me of the OnePlus "Superphone." Minus the Stainless Steel Chassis of course. The OnePlus has been called an Iphone Killer and if they can do it as cheap as they do, then Blackberry should be able too.....right?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I understand what you are saying but the cost of doing business (research, design, engineering) in Canada is much higher than China. Then there are additional costs of programming drivers for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 06:37 AM
    If it's just another android: MEH!!
    What they need is to stick with developing the already a beast OS of BB10 and learn to market it better! Even if it ends with being a niche whatever, with smaller profit and much smaller scale of company. But it WILL grow back! Especially with the QNX on the Internet of Things front.

Or forget about it and just die already. Let me use my Passport in peace till it breaks!!
    03-01-16 06:39 AM
    I guess my question is for all of you thinking this phone is the holy grail...why not just get a one plus two?

This was always the problem with going android. If you were going to do it you would have to release something radically different / better.
    03-01-16 07:17 AM
    If it's just another android: MEH!!
    What they need is to stick with developing the already a beast OS of BB10 and learn to market it better! Even if it ends with being a niche whatever, with smaller profit and much smaller scale of company. But it WILL grow back! Especially with the QNX on the Internet of Things front.

Or forget about it and just die already. Let me use my Passport in peace till it breaks!!
    The problem is how large of a company would BlackBerry have been with BB10? Would sales have stabilized at 500K a quarter? 250K a quarter? 100k a quarter?

They were long past the point where development of BB10 was viable based on sales... But most accounts the drivers for hardware were too expensive for so few devices. Even if they used the same hardware for three years it would just push the price per device up.

Sorry but when the Passport and the Classic failed to gain sales.... it was over for BB10. I think that Chen did expect that the combination of the Classic and Leap, along with BES12 would see an increase in sales. When that didn't happen, they had to scramble.... the BlackBerry Suite of Apps, morphed into a BlackBerry Android phone.

Simply they were already past the point where BB10 was a viable product, with no sign that sales were going to stabilize. BlackBerry is a company, finances are what dictate what they do.
    FF22, JeepBB and StoicEngineer like this.
    03-01-16 07:31 AM
    I guess my question is for all of you thinking this phone is the holy grail...why not just get a one plus two?

This was always the problem with going android. If you were going to do it you would have to release something radically different / better.
    Hence the keyboard (different) and the focus on security (different, but proving not that important to consumers). BB wrongly thought "more secure Android" would be worth $700 to Joe Q. Public. $600 would likely have been the sweet spot.

The best thing that could happen for the Priv right now is a massive attack on Android phones that it is immune to because of Blackberry's extra security layers. That would turn more heads.
    03-01-16 07:52 AM
    I agree and would love to see this happen. There are some people who are willing to pay a ridiculous premium for a BlackBerry 10 or Android based phone if it has truly premium hardware design and specs. (The Porsche phones didn't really qualify since those didn't really have upgraded internals - I know there were some minor changes but you know what I mean )

Personally, I'd like to see a Z10 sized all touch with a 4.7" screen with the best specs that would fit. Right now I'm using the Sony Experia Z5 Compact with PRIV Apks as my daily driver with my red Passport as my secondary everywhere I go. I had been using my Z10 as my daily since BB10 launched but finally decided to put it down two weeks ago. I miss it terribly but it simply got too slow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-01-16 07:55 AM
    I agree and would love to see this happen. There are some people who are willing to pay a ridiculous premium for a BlackBerry 10 or Android based phone if it has truly premium hardware design and specs. (The Porsche phones didn't really qualify since those didn't really have upgraded internals - I know there were some minor changes but you know what I mean )

Personally, I'd like to see a Z10 sized all touch with a 4.7" screen with the best specs that would fit. Right now I'm using the Sony Experia Z5 Compact with PRIV Apks as my daily driver with my red Passport as my secondary everywhere I go. I had been using my Z10 as my daily since BB10 launched but finally decided to put it down two weeks ago. I miss it terribly but it simply got too slow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Just not enough....

And the real problem is the fans all want something different. Within the BlackBerry "niche" there are so many sub-niches. Some want a smaller device - some all touch, some PKB. Some want a really huge device - some all touch, some PKB. Some want a middle of the road sized device - some all touch, some PKB.

The PRIV was about as close as Chen could come to meeting everyone's needs.... but who is buying it? I know, I know... it's not BB10 (nothing else ever will be either).
    JeepBB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    03-01-16 08:07 AM
    When that didn't happen, they had to scramble.... the BlackBerry Suite of Apps, morphed into a BlackBerry Android phone.
    If BlackBerry exits the handset business, I wonder if they will return to the BlackBerry Experience Suite concept. It's software, after all, and if the plan is to rebuild the brand based on software and services, it's a way to keep their name out there--assuming they can get it all working well.
    03-01-16 08:38 AM
    That day I'll state BlackBerry has lost any common sense on "security".
    The freakest threat for all of us : using a unique, personal, distinctive and non modifiable credential is the worst idea, ever. I thought I'll never wrote that but if you really believe convenience is all, just don't lock your device. The risk is way more acceptable.
    (why - short : if stolen, you're toasted. Forever. No way back)
    Issuers aren't going to allow payment solutions with no passcode. Users (and we've tested this a lot) generally won't use payment solutions that require you to enter passcodes. They'll use this 2-3 times and then you won't see another tap transaction on the account ever.

Tap transaction with fingerprint is very fast and convenient. Users use it much more consistently. The sum total of fraud from that method is provably lower than EMV or swipe.

So while perhaps not ideal, I don't understand how it is a bad idea? What would be a better idea for payments?
    03-01-16 08:48 AM
    Blackberry should create an update to move from its OS10 to Android, so maybe, more Passports/Classic/Z30 might be sold.
    03-01-16 09:14 AM
    The problem is how large of a company would BlackBerry have been with BB10? Would sales have stabilized at 500K a quarter? 250K a quarter? 100k a quarter?

They were long past the point where development of BB10 was viable based on sales... But most accounts the drivers for hardware were too expensive for so few devices. Even if they used the same hardware for three years it would just push the price per device up.

Sorry but when the Passport and the Classic failed to gain sales.... it was over for BB10. I think that Chen did expect that the combination of the Classic and Leap, along with BES12 would see an increase in sales. When that didn't happen, they had to scramble.... the BlackBerry Suite of Apps, morphed into a BlackBerry Android phone.

Simply they were already past the point where BB10 was a viable product, with no sign that sales were going to stabilize. BlackBerry is a company, finances are what dictate what they do.
    Right. Like they can't actually survive without resorting to android at all, as you suggested. I call that--sorry--bull****. They can.
    03-01-16 09:16 AM
    Right. Like they can't actually survive without resorting to android at all, as you suggested. I call that--sorry--bull****. They can.
    ?

You do agree that BB10 devices sales were dropping at an alarming yet consistent rate each quarter... right.
    You do agree that there is a cost associated with developing your own unique OS - both development cost and hardware drivers... right.

Chen said he needed to sell 10 Million BB10 devices at one time. That probably has changed with some of his cost savings, say his new number for the PRIV is really a good number even with BB10 extra costs. Guess what, they aren't selling 5 Million BB10 devices a year... it's more like 2 million and STILL falling. There simply is no reason to expect anything to change with BB10. The biggest reason his customers say they can't use BB10... is Apps, and that is out of his control. And his main customers - enterprise/goverment, is not going to install some temporary HACK to get apps.

The thing I'm not too sure about... is that the BlackBerry hardware division can survive even with resorting to Android.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-01-16 09:34 AM
    After reading this thread, I think it's only 2
    03-01-16 09:50 AM
117 1234 ...