Dear Blackberry I want my indestructible brick back. Does anyone else have the same sentiment? If so hit the comments below.
    06-11-14 12:09 PM
    Me tooooo.... sob... My Storm2 had been dead on me for months... While i can still power it up, i can't get the screen to respond...
    06-11-14 12:12 PM
    I consider the Q10 as a pretty solid phone, ain't that so?

Sure, a 9780 was a true brick, but does something like that meet today's design standards?
    We want phones that actually sell in the first place, or there won't be any BlackBerry phones at all at some point.
    06-11-14 12:16 PM
    I consider the Q10 as a pretty solid phone, ain't that so?

Sure, a 9780 was a true brick, but does something like that meet today's design standards?
    We want phones that actually sell in the first place, or there won't be any BlackBerry phones at all at some point.
    I'll give the Q10 that it's a solid phone, but it's not to the point where I'm not worried about it taking a drop.

The older phone had an edge on iphones because you didn't have to worry about it taking a drop (unless it was in a toilet).

The older design standards where superior though; almost an industrial standard. I feel as if the standards have come down; although isn't this the story of every consumer product from cars, computers, calculators, microwaves, toasters, etc.....
    06-11-14 12:25 PM
    Well, you're definitely right in this point. I have dropped my Q10 a lot without any damage. But now it has two big cracks over the screen. Not that bad but it isn't pretty either...

I could have dropped my 9790 a hundred times and it wouldn't break. The only thing that happens to that phone is that it gets worn out... and honestly... I think BlackBerrys have to get that look at some point. It's a tool after all.

But the thing is, BlackBerry has to move on, also design wise, so they just can't build plastic phones like that anymore and for these days, BlackBerry is still making very solid phones. Drop a Galaxy harder only once and you have to replace the glass for 200$.
    06-11-14 12:38 PM
    Well, you're definitely right in this point. I have dropped my Q10 a lot without any damage. But now it has two big cracks over the screen. Not that bad but it isn't pretty either...

I could have dropped my 9790 a hundred times and it wouldn't break. The only thing that happens to that phone is that it gets worn out... and honestly... I think BlackBerrys have to get that look at some point. It's a tool after all.

But the thing is, BlackBerry has to move on, also design wise, so they just can't build plastic phones like that anymore and for these days, BlackBerry is still making very solid phones. Drop a Galaxy harder only once and you have to replace the glass for 200$.
    And this is why Apple and Samsung are king of the hill right now. "Oh did you drop your phone? don't worry we'll fix that up for you right away for a small fee of 150-300$" or "Is your battery dyeing? Don't worry since it's built in we'll just replace your whole phone for 150-400$" XD

Two words from hell.......Planned Obsolescence
    SRemillard1 likes this.
    06-11-14 12:46 PM
    And this is why Apple and Samsung are king of the hill right now. "Oh did you drop your phone? don't worry we'll fix that up for you right away for a small fee of 150-300$" or "Is your battery dyeing? Don't worry since it's built in we'll just replace your whole phone for 150-400$" XD

Two words from hell.......Planned Obsolescence
    Just buy the 200$ Apple care package, problem solved!