Bonjour.
    Thank you for your (not so positive) response.
    for majority of comments like "Get an android, if you want an android", i have a question to ask.
    - Why are people so excited about Nokia releasing android, even when other companies have flooded the market with their own devices?
    you wanna know why?--that's because there's still hope among people, that the grand daddies of present manufacturers will provide people with android, and "why android?", that's because its pretty cheap to maintain, has a wide support, and also, practical. I have never used any BB10 device, thanks to its high price, but then again, android will act as a magnet, and may even incline people towards BB.

Why that inclination is required?, let me elaborate.
    It happened 3 days back, when my friend asked me for advice, for getting a new phone. His range was Rs.20,000.
    I rightaway told him, that Z10(Rs.18000) will be worth of all the money(Yea, i recommended it to him, because of the good things i have heard about it)
    Then the ugliest stuff started happening. We went to shops, everywhere, z10 was not available. Nobody was interested in keeping it.
    And those who were(pretty rare, i must say) said it was out of stock. Now let me emphasize of on those shopkeepers who weren't interested in keeping Blackberries.
    Below are their quality features
    -Ignorant "whaat jed 10?"
    -"Why jed10, why no ess four mini?"
    -"why keep a phone which has a price cut of Rs.25000, dont trust this company. It'll close off soon, so they are selling away their old stuff."
    most of the time, i was laughing, but then again, its something very serious for the stand of the company in one of the most important markets of the world(india). Because, indian market is a huge market, it can drag a company from skies to bottom of the ocean in no matter of time. Also, it's kindof difficult to turn the heads over here, as, in case people(let me put 'middle class'), will think 100 times before buying a product, and my friend, was no different. He wanted the reliability, and thought Samsung will be his thing. Ofcourse i wasn't going to force him, as that's his choice. I just asked him to give a look at the 'JED 10'. But, he ended up with with the samsung.
    That's how customers are lost. No advertising. Nothing really.

You see, i have never been out of india, but best i can say about indian market is, that its Android oriented.
    Majority of people don't want to try anything else, because, you know, it's not android. And those who do, are either WP or iOS.
    BB10, is pretty rare. So why not hit where it hurts the most?(hurt=attention, couldn't find any better sentence, sorry)
    Make people something that they want, fork it, add your security stuff, make it look like BB10, if possible.

Also, i modified them devices on MS paint, and just wanted to show tha they are running android, so don't emphasize on the status of screen. Thankyou, i hope you understand now.
    It's not about the ego, its about grabbing the attention. That's it. And who knows, this idea may work out very well.
    Also, attitude like "if you don't have it, you will not understand", doesn't work very well. People need to see the product before buying it. And BB10, isn't something you will understand in a second or two. I tried it on my brother's z10.
    Fellow indians, on crackberry may understand me, better. As they know what i'm talking about, and what kind of market i'm addressing
    Sorry for bad english
    03-04-14 08:48 PM
    Bonjour.
    Thank you for your (not so positive) response.
    for majority of comments like "Get an android, if you want an android", i have a question to ask.
    - Why are people so excited about Nokia releasing android, even when other companies have flooded the market with their own devices?
    you wanna know why?--that's because there's still hope among people, that the grand daddies of present manufacturers will provide people with android, and "why android?", that's because its pretty cheap to maintain, has a wide support, and also, practical. I have never used any BB10 device, thanks to its high price, but then again, android will act as a magnet, and may even incline people towards BB.

Why that inclination is required?, let me elaborate.
    It happened 3 days back, when my friend asked me for advice, for getting a new phone. His range was Rs.20,000.
    I rightaway told him, that Z10(Rs.18000) will be worth of all the money(Yea, i recommended it to him, because of the good things i have heard about it)
    Then the ugliest stuff started happening. We went to shops, everywhere, z10 was not available. Nobody was interested in keeping it.
    And those who were(pretty rare, i must say) said it was out of stock. Now let me emphasize of on those shopkeepers who weren't interested in keeping Blackberries.
    Below are their quality features
    -Ignorant "whaat jed 10?"
    -"Why jed10, why no ess four mini?"
    -"why keep a phone which has a price cut of Rs.25000, dont trust this company. It'll close off soon, so they are selling away their old stuff."
    most of the time, i was laughing, but then again, its something very serious for the stand of the company in one of the most important markets of the world(india). Because, indian market is a huge market, it can drag a company from skies to bottom of the ocean in no matter of time. Also, it's kindof difficult to turn the heads over here, as, in case people(let me put 'middle class'), will think 100 times before buying a product, and my friend, was no different. He wanted the reliability, and thought Samsung will be his thing. Ofcourse i wasn't going to force him, as that's his choice. I just asked him to give a look at the 'JED 10'. But, he ended up with with the samsung.
    That's how customers are lost. No advertising. Nothing really.

You see, i have never been out of india, but best i can say about indian market is, that its Android oriented.
    Majority of people don't want to try anything else, because, you know, it's not android. And those who do, are either WP or iOS.
    BB10, is pretty rare. So why not hit where it hurts the most?(hurt=attention, couldn't find any better sentence, sorry)
    Make people something that they want, fork it, add your security stuff, make it look like BB10, if possible.

Also, i modified them devices on MS paint, and just wanted to show tha they are running android, so don't emphasize on the status of screen. Thankyou, i hope you understand now.
    It's not about the ego, its about grabbing the attention. That's it. And who knows, this idea may work out very well.
    Also, attitude like "if you don't have it, you will not understand", doesn't work very well. People need to see the product before buying it. And BB10, isn't something you will understand in a second or two. I tried it on my brother's z10.
    Fellow indians, on crackberry may understand me, better. As they know what i'm talking about, and what kind of market i'm addressing
    Sorry for bad english
    So according to you, how do you expect them to generate money to produce an android phone that looks like bb10? It's almost polar opposite. And I wonder how one of BB's greatest advantage, security, would be advertised.

You admit to never using a z10 or any other. People giving crappy reviews are just people being idiots, go to BlackBerry app world and read the stupid reviews there. You guys need to think a bit deeper before you post things like this. BlackBerry have spent 3 years attending to qnx. And to make an android phone now, they'll have to start from scratch just like they had to do with bb10.. they'll get bad press for "giving up" on bb10 and frankly again the android market had already way too many players. They aren't going to get customers from Samsung in ages with an android phone... frankly with no offense, this idea is STUPID

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 09:20 AM
    So according to you, how do you expect them to generate money to produce an android phone that looks like bb10? It's almost polar opposite. And I wonder how one of BB's greatest advantage, security, would be advertised.

You admit to never using a z10 or any other. People giving crappy reviews are just people being idiots, go to BlackBerry app world and read the stupid reviews there. You guys need to think a bit deeper before you post things like this. BlackBerry have spent 3 years attending to qnx. And to make an android phone now, they'll have to start from scratch just like they had to do with bb10.. they'll get bad press for "giving up" on bb10 and frankly again the android market had already way too many players. They aren't going to get customers from Samsung in ages with an android phone... frankly with no offense, this idea is STUPID

Posted via CB10
    We can always count on you to be considerate, well spoken, and thoughtful. I'm sure the poster took no offense when you said their idea is stupid, and it didn't bother them that you put it in all caps. You should really change your college major to public relations because I think you've got a future there.
    03-05-14 10:50 AM
    Thanks. I don't think it'll hurt BB10 much, to launch Android in lower range, instead, it may bring a bring a huge consumer base to Blackberry rightaway.
    Tech enthusiasts have been eyeing major players of of mobile phone market of last decade to release an android. Too bad, these companies suffered because of ego(you know). But i still think its not too late.
    Check the response of people when nokia released android. if bb comes with qwerty/touch, then everything including stockprice and consumer base may skyrocket.

Also, BB will relaize what people actually want- bb10 or android
    That's my take.
    I disagree that it wouldn't hurt BB10 much.

10.2.1 already runs the vast majority of APKs just fine. Why produce a straight Android phone?
    03-05-14 11:11 AM
    Why not bove systems on one phone, like with BlackBerry Balance at the moment.
    You already have "both". BB10 10.2.1 already runs Jelly Bean apps, and overall compatibility is very, very good. Aside from apps that absolutely require Google Play services (and outside of Google's own apps there aren't that many), my Z30 has run very nearly every APK I've installed on it.
    03-05-14 11:14 AM
    We can always count on you to be considerate, well spoken, and thoughtful. I'm sure the poster took no offense when you said their idea is stupid, and it didn't bother them that you put it in all caps. You should really change your college major to public relations because I think you've got a future there.
    Pre med baby! Public relations bs! This is an online forum and sometimes when people bring up stupid ideas that is no way feasible, I feel great pointing out how silly it is.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 11:35 AM
    Pre med baby! Public relations bs! This is an online forum and sometimes when people bring up stupid ideas that is no way feasible, I feel great pointing out how silly it is.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure you do. FYI, PR people are the ones that save you when you cut off the wrong arm....but I'm sure you'll never get distracted during a procedure since you appear to be so level headed.

FYI- unlike medicine that is based on science and absolutes, an online forum and the ideas that are posted.... are simply opinions, and thus, calling another idea stupid is purely your opinion.

As a pre-med major you should know part of the anatomy they say opinions are compared to.... and why.
    03-05-14 03:28 PM
    I'm sure you do. FYI, PR people are the ones that save you when you cut off the wrong arm....but I'm sure you'll never get distracted during a procedure since you appear to be so level headed.

FYI- unlike medicine that is based on science and absolutes, an online forum and the ideas that are posted.... are simply opinions, and thus, calling another idea stupid is purely your opinion.

As a pre-med major you should know part of the anatomy they say opinions are compared to.... and why.
    Based on the amount of android competitors currently available, the amount of capital that BlackBerry owns, the investment they've put into bb10, the media backlash possible, and time constraints...I can confidently say them attempting to make a android phone would be stupid.... thus the idea is stupid.

You are welcome to tell me why you disagree with my opinion using technology trends and well anything else... maybe BlackBerry have some money I don't know about... and somehow maybe the majority of android users (Samsung, Motorola, htc) would just leave that for a startup android maker who wouldn't have everything ready in a year... as we saw with bb10 launch- currently, it takes time to be able to catch up to others in terms of software and features...

But go ahead, tell me what's wrong with my opinion and why the op's opinion is more than silly talk.

Idc what PR people do. I've watched enough sports to know how they work with professionals.

Maybe stupid might have been wrong as it's rude but it frankly is silly. I could say "in my opinion, BlackBerry will be the top phone manufacturer in 3 months "... is it possible!? yes.. is it feasible? Heck no

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 04:05 PM
    Thanks for your support. This low resolution stewie sure is surely lacking some etiquette. Kind of people who make BB look bad

I disagree that it wouldn't hurt BB10 much.

10.2.1 already runs the vast majority of APKs just fine. Why produce a straight Android phone?
    How will it hurt the top tier BB10 devices if it gets launched in lower/introductory range?
    Or is it because Android range will gradually eat up BB10's shares?
    I know BB10 runs .apk, but that native experience is lacking. How will it feel to run an app of iOS7's accent on an Android?. Not good in my opinion.

If you want to run an app, run it properly, or don't run it at all. It ruins the user experience.
    and may end up giving BB a bad name
    03-05-14 09:16 PM
    Thanks for your support. This low resolution stewie sure is surely lacking some etiquette. Kind of people who make BB look bad

How will it hurt the top tier BB10 devices if it gets launched in lower/introductory range?
    Or is it because Android range will gradually eat up BB10's shares?
    I know BB10 runs .apk, but that native experience is lacking. How will it feel to run an app of iOS7's accent on an Android?. Not good in my opinion.

If you want to run an app, run it properly, or don't run it at all. It ruins the user experience.
    and may end up giving BB a bad name
    If you want an android phone so bad throw away brand loyalty and get one of the good ones shiz! Htc one is good and moto X is fantastic... Samsung does a decent job. idk when you have all those big players you think BlackBerry would be able to release a phone that can compete... there are already tons of Chinese $50 phones out there so that's not an alternative either.... it's either go big or go home... the best option they have is to release something different at the same price range which is why they tried for the z3.

Its basic sense... they have no time to develop a good android running phone that matches the current ones in features. look how long it took bb10 to grow.

They don't have the money to market that one and still market bb10, they can barely market bb10.

Releasing android would give people very little reason to switch... as the market has shown, physical keyboard are nor a reason to stick with bb.. so why would people buy it.

Fourthly they'll be paying Google money anyways

Fifthly, there's no way they can survive... how do they explain to potential enterprise customers what their plans are? we offer android and qnx... which one? Obviously android would be ****e in security and people would lose complete faith in BlackBerry.

The media would finally have something to write about.. all of chens good work out the drain.. "blackberry turns to android in an effort to make a last ditch company saving attempt".. bad press is worse than no press.

You are welcome to try and counter that with reasonable points on how you think the benefits outweigh what ive listed.. I'm confident you cannot

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 09:31 PM
    If you want an android phone so bad throw away brand loyalty and get one of the good ones shiz! Htc one is good and moto X is fantastic... Samsung does a decent job. idk when you have all those big players you think BlackBerry would be able to release a phone that can compete... there are already tons of Chinese $50 phones out there so that's not an alternative either.... it's either go big or go home... the best option they have is to release something different at the same price range which is why they tried for the z3.

Its basic sense... they have no time to develop a good android running phone that matches the current ones in features. look how long it took bb10 to grow.

They don't have the money to market that one and still market bb10, they can barely market bb10.

Releasing android would give people very little reason to switch... as the market has shown, physical keyboard are nor a reason to stick with bb.. so why would people buy it.

Fourthly they'll be paying Google money anyways

Fifthly, there's no way they can survive... how do they explain to potential enterprise customers what their plans are? we offer android and qnx... which one? Obviously android would be ****e in security and people would lose complete faith in BlackBerry.

The media would finally have something to write about.. all of chens good work out the drain.. "blackberry turns to android in an effort to make a last ditch company saving attempt".. bad press is worse than no press.

You are welcome to try and counter that with reasonable points on how you think the benefits outweigh what ive listed.. I'm confident you cannot

Posted via CB10
    Dear stewie, you see. When a friend comes to me, asking for an advice on phone, if their budget fits, i recommend them a bb10. And, MOST of the time, do you know what their counter question is? - 'Does it have android?'
    I tell them the stuff, like 'yea, well, kindof, it can run .apk'..and they gradually move to a different alternative.
    When people buy expensive phones, they think a gazillion times, as they expect that phone to run properly over a long period of time. Not everyone is like you, who browse crackberry, etc looking up for tutorials on where to install what. They just want to get their work done.
    Also, an average customer cares least about what a company is going through, what their CEO has done, etc. They just want assurance that their phone will run well till the end. And How can you be so sure that Blackberry won't run well with a new range of android? In case bb releases one, they may have a greater chance of generating a bigger revenue. Also, releasing android doesn't mean integrating google with it. Sure it'll be an advantage.
    Not everyone cries for security. They just want to get safe enough from pedos/and local hackers. Most of the people know that nobody is interested in them(joke). Why an average guy in early 20s will need a security of Govt. officials when i share computer with whole family, who keeps downloading random stuff everyday.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i have just shown you a little bit of reality. Not every user is smart and competent. Most of them are just people who browse FB and other random sites, download weird stuff, and what not. That share of users is the highest now, and probably the reason why demand for huge phones with better multimedia capabilities has increased. And that's the reason why shiny huge Samsungs and Apples are selling like hotcakes.
    Majority of people, who bash whatsapp now, and uninstalled it because its now a part of facebook, and think that it's not secure enough, also have a very very active facebook profile.
    Blackberry all this long thinks that each and every single one of their customers is either a hotshot businessman or a top notch employee somewhere, but the reality is, most of the people who are interested in phones are 14 year old kids who bash phone companies on tech sites by compensating with their homework time, and think they know technology by learning internet buzzwords by heart.
    This is the reality, low resolution stewie.
    If BB wants to get in this market, they will have to get their hands a little dirty
    03-05-14 10:12 PM
    Please don't recommend a blackberry, to your friends. And who cares if an avatar is low res, are you that stupid. I'm waiting for the ban hammer to pounce on me any minute.

/popcorn

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 10:26 PM
    Please don't recommend a blackberry, to your friends.
    Yea, that's what i'm going to do now. I'm waiting for z3. will see if its really good, its my last hope. After that, i'll jump of the BB boat. Any idea on when its going to be launched? And the list of countries where it'll arrive?
    03-05-14 10:32 PM
    Dear stewie, you see. When a friend comes to me, asking for an advice on phone, if their budget fits, i recommend them a bb10. And, MOST of the time, do you know what their counter question is? - 'Does it have android?'
    I tell them the stuff, like 'yea, well, kindof, it can run .apk'..and they gradually move to a different alternative.
    When people buy expensive phones, they think a gazillion times, as they expect that phone to run properly over a long period of time. Not everyone is like you, who browse crackberry, etc looking up for tutorials on where to install what. They just want to get their work done.
    Also, an average customer cares least about what a company is going through, what their CEO has done, etc. They just want assurance that their phone will run well till the end. And How can you be so sure that Blackberry won't run well with a new range of android? In case bb releases one, they may have a greater chance of generating a bigger revenue. Also, releasing android doesn't mean integrating google with it. Sure it'll be an advantage.
    Not everyone cries for security. They just want to get safe enough from pedos/and local hackers. Most of the people know that nobody is interested in them(joke). Why an average guy in early 20s will need a security of Govt. officials when i share computer with whole family, who keeps downloading random stuff everyday.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i have just shown you a little bit of reality. Not every user is smart and competent. Most of them are just people who browse FB and other random sites, download weird stuff, and what not. That share of users is the highest now, and probably the reason why demand for huge phones with better multimedia capabilities has increased. And that's the reason why shiny huge Samsungs and Apples are selling like hotcakes.
    Majority of people, who bash whatsapp now, and uninstalled it because its now a part of facebook, and think that it's not secure enough, also have a very very active facebook profile.
    Blackberry all this long thinks that each and every single one of their customers is either a hotshot businessman or a top notch employee somewhere, but the reality is, most of the people who are interested in phones are 14 year old kids who bash phone companies on tech sites by compensating with their homework time, and think they know technology by learning internet buzzwords by heart.
    This is the reality, low resolution stewie.
    If BB wants to get in this market, they will have to get their hands a little dirty
    If your friends specifically ask "does it run android " then that means they want an android phone... don't be brand loyal to where you are doing your friends a huge disservice. If they wanted just a phone, they wouldn't ask for android...

You don't have enough friends for BlackBerry to put money in the android market. I already gave you reasons which you couldn't counter. What the ceo is doing matters because that's what gets on the market... if a company fires all their creative execs, you get sh*ttier products...

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 01:37 AM
    Yea, that's what i'm going to do now. I'm waiting for z3. will see if its really good, its my last hope. After that, i'll jump of the BB boat. Any idea on when its going to be launched? And the list of countries where it'll arrive?
    So you don't have a bb10 device? How then can you recommend it?

The z3 will be running the same OS that the other new blackberry devices are running (bb10) so if you didn't like that one might as well jump boat now. S*** happens. You won't make or break BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 01:38 AM
40 12