Dear BB,
    i have been a big time fan of yours. I always loved the curve series, for its durability and sweetness.
    But now it seems that the hottest curve of berry has gone into hibernation due to introduction of BB10 os.
    Also, you know, that recently, Nokia released its phone on its their biggest rival os, Android. And that OS was forked perfectly.
    I'm aware of the fact that BB10 os runs the .apk files just fine, but, that native experience is still lacking.
    Therefore, hereby, I request you to launch a new series, like, A, replacing Curve, which stands for forked android. Maybe that'll help you big time in getting everything right. Greetings

A fan.
    (By BB, i also direct my idea towards fellow crackberrians)
    Below is my imagination.
    Please, do let me know how do you feel about this little bright idea.
    Thankyou
    Attached Thumbnails Dear Blackberry, i have a request to make-untitled.jpg  
    Last edited by coco004; 03-04-14 at 09:43 AM.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-04-14 09:31 AM
    Really a qwerty android then, interesting, but I don't think BlackBerry will go for it, nice idea though. Nice concept.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    03-04-14 09:36 AM
    Really a qwerty android then, interesting, but I don't think BlackBerry will go for it, nice idea though. Nice concept.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    Thanks. I don't think it'll hurt BB10 much, to launch Android in lower range, instead, it may bring a bring a huge consumer base to Blackberry rightaway.
    Tech enthusiasts have been eyeing major players of of mobile phone market of last decade to release an android. Too bad, these companies suffered because of ego(you know). But i still think its not too late.
    Check the response of people when nokia released android. if bb comes with qwerty/touch, then everything including stockprice and consumer base may skyrocket.

Also, BB will relaize what people actually want- bb10 or android
    That's my take.
    Last edited by coco004; 03-04-14 at 09:58 AM.
    03-04-14 09:42 AM
    If you want an android go get an android. If you want a BlackBerry keyboard buy a BlackBerry. If BlackBerry switched to android they would lose more people than they would gain

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:34 AM
    No thanks. There is absolutely no reason or business case to put Android on a BB phone. If you want Android, get an Android phone.
    03-04-14 10:36 AM
    They already make an android phone with a keyboard and from the reviews it doesn't sound very good.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:44 AM
    Isn't the Q5 supposed to be the blackberry 10 curve?

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-04-14 10:47 AM
    Sorry but if u want an android go buy one. We have the very best so why mess around with second grade offerings. A cheaper phone absolutely. Run cheaper chips I E 3 g not lte less storage less operating ram and less options but don't give up the best OS for a second rate option.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:52 AM
    BlackBerry loses if they bring out an Android phone. Why?

1. Perception that they've given up on BB10. Lose all BB10 business. Lose all BB10 app development.

2. BlackBerry makes some money for the device and accessories. After that all long term ecosystem money goes to Google.

3. Competing with well known Android manufacturers who either make little to no money as it is or are named Samsung.

Just having BlackBerry make Android does not mean they are actually competing. The problem with Android is that it is a saturated market full of many different types. BlackBerry is better off developing new modern software and perfecting it than giving up and going Android. If you want an Android go get one. There are many out there in different shapes and sizes.

Remember: Without risk there is no reward. It may be riskier to stick with BB10 but the long term payout can be much greater than in going with Android.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-04-14 10:55 AM
    Nice concept I will say.

But tbh, this forum is the only place where I've heard any positive discussion about Nokia x forked android. Most people are just complaining about it.. and why does it run 4.1? That means my blackberries are ahead of it, and they're not even androids.

So I have to agree it's not a great idea

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-04-14 11:19 AM
    Firstly we know there are way too many android phones out there competing

Secondly why do you want BlackBerry to make a android phone? Just because of the physical keyboard? Just go buy a android phone

With the amount of phones blackberry is already planning on, trying and spending money on an android phone would literally make no sense whatsoever. That phone won't steal htc and Samsung fanbase so?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 11:52 AM
    Android is everything BlackBerry is against (Security) . I hope they don't make an android phone. The Media would see it as a sign of BlackBerry giving up on their own OS.

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    03-04-14 12:14 PM
    It seems from the pictures that what the OP is really asking for is simply the ability to do things you used to be able to do with a Curve or Bold....i.e. OS7, and you can now do with Android.

I see widgets in this mockup. (or themes as they called them in OS7) You just can't do that anymore....now it's just an Iphone with an extra screen for open apps and no way to even dock/anchor often used icons in the same place.

I think a big gaping hole in the user experience for BB10 is the loss of all the user interfaces you had before. You simply looked at your phone for weather, for calender, for outstanding messages in each category. Your phone even could light up and put up the actual message (via an app that was allowed to do this) so you didn't have to do anything except turn your head.

Now you have to do more work on BB10 than on any other phone (except perhaps WP that I'm not that familiar with).

There's no way to glance at at the device after it lights up to alert you to various incoming messages.....(like Iphone or BB0S). Instead you must unlock the phone...by motion and not simple touch...then click again to see the preview, and depending on how you last left the phone, perhaps even more work.

There's no way to see things like weather or other widget items consistently like Andriod or BBOS (Iphone can't do this either).

There's no way to see from the home screen what your outstanding message count is without some action to check, unlike BBOS, or Andriod, or even Iphone that has a dock with an email Icon always in the same place. You must check.

For a phone that used to make life faster, more efficient, etc. it's now become a phone that's very solid as an operating system but....for some reason...lacks basic efficiency features. It took them a year just to put up a toast notification....and it's nearly useless since it goes away in a few seconds. How about a simple option to go full screen (like Iphone/Andriod) or hang on the screen a little longer (or forever) to decide if you want to act? Compared to my 9930, my Z10 requires a lot of work and lets me miss alerts.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-04-14 01:02 PM
    Why not bove systems on one phone, like with BlackBerry Balance at the moment.
    03-04-14 01:48 PM
    The Curve has typically a 2.4 inch screen and BBOS. Lets deal with a 2.4 inch screen. Why bother with android, your BBOS Curve is good enough. Anything other than texting or e-mails is beyond the competency of a 2.4 inch screen. Basically a BBOS Curve may be the last 2.4 inch screened "smartphone" in captivity.

I suggest that you move on to an iphone. It has a simple UI and a small screen format. If you have to have an android physical keyboard phone may I suggest the Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330. It has only got a 3 inch screen.

While there is still a small market for the BBOS Curve there is no market for an android variation or Samsung etc would build it.

I have no problem with BlackBerry making forked androids as Nokia has done. I just have a problem in believing that a small screen physical keyboard phone is viable in the market place.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 03-04-14 at 04:22 PM.
    03-04-14 01:55 PM
    It seems from the pictures that what the OP is really asking for is simply the ability to do things you used to be able to do with a Curve or Bold....i.e. OS7, and you can now do with Android.

I see widgets in this mockup. (or themes as they called them in OS7) You just can't do that anymore....now it's just an Iphone with an extra screen for open apps and no way to even dock/anchor often used icons in the same place.

I think a big gaping hole in the user experience for BB10 is the loss of all the user interfaces you had before. You simply looked at your phone for weather, for calender, for outstanding messages in each category. Your phone even could light up and put up the actual message (via an app that was allowed to do this) so you didn't have to do anything except turn your head.

Now you have to do more work on BB10 than on any other phone (except perhaps WP that I'm not that familiar with).

There's no way to glance at at the device after it lights up to alert you to various incoming messages.....(like Iphone or BB0S). Instead you must unlock the phone...by motion and not simple touch...then click again to see the preview, and depending on how you last left the phone, perhaps even more work.

There's no way to see things like weather or other widget items consistently like Andriod or BBOS (Iphone can't do this either).

There's no way to see from the home screen what your outstanding message count is without some action to check, unlike BBOS, or Andriod, or even Iphone that has a dock with an email Icon always in the same place. You must check.

For a phone that used to make life faster, more efficient, etc. it's now become a phone that's very solid as an operating system but....for some reason...lacks basic efficiency features. It took them a year just to put up a toast notification....and it's nearly useless since it goes away in a few seconds. How about a simple option to go full screen (like Iphone/Andriod) or hang on the screen a little longer (or forever) to decide if you want to act? Compared to my 9930, my Z10 requires a lot of work and lets me miss alerts.
    Can't you just preview from the damn home screen!? Having used ios the fact that you even put it up as an efficient model is laughable. Go off on all this rant, surprised you aren't using ios since it appears efficient for you

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 02:20 PM
    Can't you just preview from the damn home screen!?
    Posted via CB10
    Have you ever used BB10 before? You signature says you have, so then you know the answer is no. And how does this compare to IOS, to Andriod, to 9930? Oh, right....it doesn't, because you have to wake up the phone first....then tap it to see just a few words. You've already done 2 steps not needed on the other listed devices and you still only have a few words of text.

And....what do you consider the "home" screen anyway? Is that the lock screen? The open apps screen. One of the various screens with icons?

And...how does that address the issues I brought up?

Having used ios the fact that you even put it up as an efficient model is laughable.
    When did I ever put up IOS as "an efficient model? It's laughable that you're so good at making things up.

Go off on all this rant, surprised you aren't using ios since it appears efficient for you
    Rant? You mean like one you just completed? I pointed out obvious shortcomings, you simply responded with nothing but attacks. Seems like the one doing ranting is you.

When did I say that IOS is more efficient for me? I have a 9930....that's more efficient for me. But at least you were consistent with your off-base assumptions.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-04-14 02:41 PM
    Oh and if there was a market for the smallest QWERTY device on the planet with a forked android OS ...BB would then have it locked up.
    03-04-14 04:25 PM
    Have you ever used BB10 before? You signature says you have, so then you know the answer is no. And how does this compare to IOS, to Andriod, to 9930? Oh, right....it doesn't, because you have to wake up the phone first....then tap it to see just a few words. You've already done 2 steps not needed on the other listed devices and you still only have a few words of text.

And....what do you consider the "home" screen anyway? Is that the lock screen? The open apps screen. One of the various screens with icons?

And...how does that address the issues I brought up?

When did I ever put up IOS as "an efficient model? It's laughable that you're so good at making things up.

Rant? You mean like one you just completed? I pointed out obvious shortcomings, you simply responded with nothing but attacks. Seems like the one doing ranting is you.

When did I say that IOS is more efficient for me? I have a 9930....that's more efficient for me. But at least you were consistent with your off-base assumptions.
    On ios the previews are on the home screen or I suppose I meant lock screen, you tap the home button and it shows, then you can swipe to unlock the preview. On BB, I can swipe up and preview the mails or any other notifications.

Idk what you are talking about then unless you haven't upgraded or I'm missing something much more complicated .

I wouldn't want it to show the whole message on the home screen because then if you lose your phone or something, anyone can just read your messages. I don't even know why this would be a good thing

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:31 PM
    Get a Q10 I promise you will like it more than anything else RIMBERRY has built.
    03-04-14 04:36 PM

Also Btw you know if you are using your phone, you can just slowly drag the Window from bottom to reveal how many messages or email you have? You might wanna get more familiar with your z10 if you do indeed own one

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:37 PM
    On ios the previews are on the home screen or I suppose I meant lock screen, you tap the home button and it shows, then you can swipe to unlock the preview. On BB, I can swipe up and preview the mails or any other notifications.
    Clearly you can't read of you wouldn't be discussing these things that are unrelated to my post. On IOS OR Andriod OR 9930 with Bebuzz you can see the preview without doing anything...you don't need to touch the phone. BB10 requires that you FIRST swipe to the lock screen with icons...THEN...touch the icon to see what the message is about. You did two more steps (hundreds of times per day for some people) that you did on all the other phones I listed. My first post was very clear about this.

Idk what you are talking about then unless you haven't upgraded or I'm missing something much more complicated .
    By all means, go ahead with the desperate "you must not own the phone you own" response if you refuse to read what I describe as an actual, fundamental difference that you could easily see with your own phone....assuming YOU have one.
    It's not complicated. Just send yourself a message and look at your phone. Count how many steps it takes to see who it's from and what it's about. If it more that ZERO steps....you've figured out what I'm discussing.

I wouldn't want it to show the whole message on the home screen because then if you lose your phone or something, anyone can just read your messages
    Who said anything about showing the whole message on the screen? That's why I (and you) used the term "preview".

And, what does losing your phone have to do with it? If you lost your BB10 (assuming actually own one)...unless you locked it.....people can read your messages regardless of any previews that happen or don't happen. Again, not complicated.

I don't even know why this would be a good thing

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you should ask all IOS users and all Andriod users and All BBO7/bebuzz users why they like to just glance at their phone to see what's happening instead of the Texas two-step that you described on BB10. Because, um.......it's.....faster. Again, not complicated.

But well played with yet another rant. Well played.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-04-14 06:48 PM
    Also Btw you know if you are using your phone, you can just slowly drag the Window from bottom to reveal how many messages or email you have? You might wanna get more familiar with your z10 if you do indeed own one

Posted via CB10
    Oh, you mean one accusation that "you don't know how to operate the phone that you might not even own" isn't enough? Sure...Why not go for Two for Tuesday.

Yea, I know how to swipe up to see what kind of messages are waiting, but why do I have to do that? And EVEN AFTER I DO THAT, I must still tap the icons to get the preview. Now, that's two steps (Texas two-step I referred to).

So....for someone that is so familiar with this phone and accuses people of not owning one....please tell me how you can do what I've described in several posts now. Please tell me why....if 4 phones are lined up on a desk (IOS, Andriod, 9930/Bebuzz and BB10) only BB10 is the only one that you MUST reach over and do not one but two steps to get the same information.

Again, assuming you actually own a BB10 device that you don't seem to understand. (see, it's sounds just as goofy when I say it as when you do).

Also, you never answered the question about what you consider the home screen to be.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-04-14 06:54 PM
    Clearly you can't read of you wouldn't be discussing these things that are unrelated to my post. On IOS OR Andriod OR 9930 with Bebuzz you can see the preview without doing anything...you don't need to touch the phone. BB10 requires that you FIRST swipe to the lock screen with icons...THEN...touch the icon to see what the message is about. You did two more steps (hundreds of times per day for some people) that you did on all the other phones I listed. My first post was very clear about this.

By all means, go ahead with the desperate "you must not own the phone you own" response if you refuse to read what I describe as an actual, fundamental difference that you could easily see with your own phone....assuming YOU have one.
    It's not complicated. Just send yourself a message and look at your phone. Count how many steps it takes to see who it's from and what it's about. If it more that ZERO steps....you've figured out what I'm discussing.

Who said anything about showing the whole message on the screen? That's why I (and you) used the term "preview".

And, what does losing your phone have to do with it? If you lost your BB10 (assuming actually own one)...unless you locked it.....people can read your messages regardless of any previews that happen or don't happen. Again, not complicated.

Maybe you should ask all IOS users and all Andriod users and All BBO7/bebuzz users why they like to just glance at their phone to see what's happening instead of the Texas two-step that you described on BB10. Because, um.......it's.....faster. Again, not complicated.

But well played with yet another rant. Well played.
    Smh just go buy a robot.... I used ios long enough to know how the notifications worked

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 08:05 PM
    Smh just go buy a robot....

Posted via CB10
    Ahhhhh.....so you can't respond in any way. Probably better to go with tail between legs than to embarrass yourself further.

I used ios long enough to know how the notifications worked

Posted via CB10
    And yet you still don't know the difference between the screen lighting up while showing a preview.......and what happens on BB10.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-04-14 08:14 PM
40 12