Does anyone know if the time stamps will adjust or should I just get use to this?
    03-11-12 10:15 AM
    get used to it.
    03-11-12 10:21 AM
    Since the DST dates changed, the Auto Detect DST isn't working accurately. So you can wait a couple weeks and it will eventually catch up (if you have Auto Detect on), or you can go to User CP -> Edit Options -> Date & Time -> Timezone, and change it manually there.
    03-11-12 10:29 AM
    Not exactly sure what you mean. What is it that you have to get used to?

Daylight savings time is automatically adjusted with the Atomic Clock time if you have the option to update your device time automatically. If not you can go to Options->Display->Date and Time->Update Time->Change to Automatic

You can also take a picture, check the properties, and confirm it has the correct timestamp.

I just checked my device and my picture time is correct for the change.

HTH
    03-11-12 10:31 AM
    He is talking about the forum, not the devices
    03-11-12 10:34 AM
    I wish they would ban clock changes once and for all. What a freakin' annoyance.
    kbz1960 and Morty2264 like this.
    03-11-12 10:40 AM
    He is talking about the forum, not the devices
    Oh, OK. He never stated that. Thanks!
    I assumed he was speaking about Handhelds.
    Shouldn't this be in the site questions & bugs forums?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/site-questions-bugs-f19/
    Anyway, My forum time stamps are correct.
    I believe the OP and I live in the same area as well.
    03-11-12 10:41 AM
    get used to it.
    Bummer...!
    03-11-12 10:43 AM
    Since the DST dates changed, the Auto Detect DST isn't working accurately. So you can wait a couple weeks and it will eventually catch up (if you have Auto Detect on), or you can go to User CP -> Edit Options -> Date & Time -> Timezone, and change it manually there.
    Will try this now...

Gracias!
    03-11-12 10:44 AM
    I live in Arizona which has its own time zone on the Blackberry but the logic associated with it has it set to the same time off set as Moutain Time (-7) which is correct for part of the year but not right now due to this weekends time chagne. Right now I am showing an hour later than local time. The BB Desktop or the phone auto adjusts the meetings on the calendar to match some time zone that I can't figure out how to fix. I have played with the time zone setting and this thing is impossible to fix. This is a bug in the time logic in the phone so why didn't RIM test this out before the update that broke it? It is not like day-light-savings time catches you off guard. Maybe it does for RIM. Last fall didn't cause a problem nor a year ago so this is reasonably recent.

Almost everything about this phone and the desktop app makes me glad I have a new Android on the way. I just have another day or so to bare this piece of crape and its desktop software.

Dale
    03-12-12 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD