I had one of those days that business people have all the time. I had meetings in 4 different places, with 10 different people, meeting at my daughters school, all the while the office is calling, texting, emailing me all day long......I perfect day to let a Blackberry loose to do its thing.... But I thought that I would give a Windows M8 a shot at a real day of work...By noon, I had had enough... Trying to download spreadsheets, answer a million emails and text and navigate to my meetings the phone just couldn't take it.... I stopped what I was doing, logged into Verizon and swapped phones midstream.. I had too much going on to have that "tool" screw me up all day.....

What a difference the second half of my day was... I was in total control of the day and it really showed why I need a BlackBerry....It just works as hard as I do.... Forget all the specs and apps and all things that we talk about all the time.... Blackberry's are built for business.. pure and simple... I am rocking a Z30 and it was flawless...
    hpjrt, smart548, tanzarian and 7 others like this.
    11-11-14 07:16 PM
    You are preaching to the choir here! My Passport makes my day easy!

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt likes this.
    11-11-14 07:23 PM
    This is nice to hear! I thought you were going to bash blackberry from the title of your post but I guess that's the glass half empty talking. Glad you were able to get through the day smoothly after you purposely threw in a wrench in the beginning lol

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-11-14 07:30 PM
    I have had virtually every phone out there.. and when the rubber hits the road and you just need to get stuff done.... Blackberry still stands alone...I don't know why I constantly question that and just enjoy the productivity....
    outoftheice, Jrox74 and BoldPreza like this.
    11-11-14 07:38 PM
    I'm stuck in the same experience. Last Tuesday my Z10 died completely with no warning. I'm now stuck with my previous HTC 8X while waiting for my Passport to be delivered, and it is not even in the same league. The efficiency of the Z10 virtual keyboard is head and shoulders above the WP virtual keyboard. The calendar function is not nearly as user friendly. The integrated Hub is so much more informative than the Live Tiles there is no comparison. But the most interesting item was the phone signal reception quality. The 8X has issues with call quality several times a day, while the Z10 never had an issue.

I now completely understand the value of the BB experience. Nothing else comes close. The speed at which the BB10 OS is evolving is a overlooked issue as far as I'm concerned. The OS is evolving much quicker than anything else out there, and it's showing.
    11-11-14 07:43 PM
    I have had virtually every phone out there.. and when the rubber hits the road and you just need to get stuff done.... Blackberry still stands alone...I don't know why I constantly question that and just enjoy the productivity....
    Glad it works for you. Lets be honest though, people get things done every day with all platforms. Blackberry has always been up to the task though.
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    11-11-14 07:45 PM
    Glad it works for you. Lets be honest though, people get things done every day with all platforms. Blackberry has always been up to the task though.
    Angry Birds, Bejeweled Blitz and Fruit Ninja don't count as "getting stuff done"!
    11-11-14 07:50 PM
    I have been a BlackBerry user since 2007 and have had no desire to use another platform. The Palm Treo was an interesting experience but the BlackBerry is were productive people get things done! You want apps go to Apple, you want open source go to Android, but if you want productivity, you go to BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:55 PM
    I have been a BlackBerry user since 2007 and have had no desire to use another platform. The Palm Treo was an interesting experience but the BlackBerry is were productive people get things done! You want apps go to Apple, you want open source go to Android, but if you want productivity, you go to BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Good way to put it. Although solitaire is a great distraction on my BlackBerry lol

11-11-14 08:05 PM
    Angry Birds, Bejeweled Blitz and Fruit Ninja don't count as "getting stuff done"!
    Blackberry has those all now too, right?
    11-11-14 08:12 PM
    My Biggest distraction is trying to decide on which Blackberry I want next
    spikesolie and hpjrt like this.
    11-11-14 08:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not the way I chose my Note 3. I was Dead set on wanting the Passport or Z30, BUT I couldn't wait a week later until the Passport came out and I didn't want to buy directly because it would be too much. However, that's not why I went with Samsung again. I had No choice but to get another Android device because My mom had already bought me a Samsung Smart TV as my Apt gift. I check Crackberry all the time , and I really wish I could come back. I Miss the Hub, keyboard, the Productivity, Multitasking!!!
    11-11-14 08:45 PM
    Not the way I chose my Note 3. I was Dead set on wanting the Passport or Z30, BUT I couldn't wait a week later until the Passport came out and I didn't want to buy directly because it would be too much. However, that's not why I went with Samsung again. I had No choice but to get another Android device because My mom had already bought me a Samsung Smart TV as my Apt gift. I check Crackberry all the time , and I really wish I could come back. I Miss the Hub, keyboard, the Productivity, Multitasking!!!
    Sell your note and buy the passport

11-11-14 08:50 PM
    So she threatened to take the TV back if you didn't get a Samsung??
    acovey likes this.
    11-11-14 09:04 PM
    I'm going to take that statement on. I have one of the best in terms of Android the Xperia Z2. Sure enough it's a great phone in terms of taking videos and pictures but in so many ways I am just managing I'm not doing as much as easily as I was when I had the Z10.

Swapping between screens, copy and paste, email functionality, call quality and texting quality. There is no comparison the BlackBerry is head and shoulders better. Bluetooth signal, speaker phone quality and sound level, notification.

It's one thing to manage which is what I do with my Sony, it's another to master or excel which is what I did with my BlackBerry.

That's not to say that there aren't redeeming features of Android, apps, camera, video, the build quality of this thing is beautiful, but for me it was a huge mistake to switch.
    Deitzanova and -Puck- like this.
    11-11-14 09:09 PM
    Great point; this is probably the most overlooked part of a smart phone these days... can your phone get you through the day/make your life easier? I think BlackBerry would certainly hold that position.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and anon(5061193) like this.
    11-11-14 09:32 PM
    I completely understand what u mean. I love playing with tech stuff and will play with anyone's phone that I can get my hands on and ask questions on how they do certain things on their devices. It makes me appreciate my BlackBerry more. I also have a better understanding of other platforms. We came from Apple and now are a BlackBerry and Android household.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    11-11-14 09:48 PM
    Blackberry works fine with smart TVs. Unless Samsung is pulling an Apple and restricting features to only their Samsung phones like they do with their Gear watches, it will do everything you need it to.

Miracast, WifiDirect, DLNA generic "Play On" etc all work from my Passport to Smart TV's...I have personally done it on the displays at Target to a Vizio smart TV.
    11-11-14 11:05 PM
    Yeah. I scheduled some meetings today alongside someone on his samsung. (S5)Someone who is pretty much the definition of a power user as well.
    It was a gong show. Flipping back and forth through the home screens, to an app to get the info, fixing swypes, etc...took forever.
    I was literally finished in less than half the time.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-11-14 11:12 PM
    Blackberry works fine with smart TVs. Unless Samsung is pulling an Apple and restricting features to only their Samsung phones like they do with their Gear watches, it will do everything you need it to.

Miracast, WifiDirect, DLNA generic "Play On" etc all work from my Passport to Smart TV's...I have personally done it on the displays at Target to a Vizio smart TV.
    Yup. Our BlackBerrys work fine with our Samsung smartTV and a fried's Vizio too.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    11-12-14 07:40 AM
    OP you do know you can simply sim swap,between 4G phones now on Verizon without doing the online ESN swap?
    11-12-14 08:21 AM
    Go tell your story on Twitter[ in short bursts due to character limitations] using #INeedMyBB.

I had one of those days that business people have all the time. I had meetings in 4 different places, with 10 different people, meeting at my daughters school, all the while the office is calling, texting, emailing me all day long......I perfect day to let a Blackberry loose to do its thing.... But I thought that I would give a Windows M8 a shot at a real day of work...By noon, I had had enough... Trying to download spreadsheets, answer a million emails and text and navigate to my meetings the phone just couldn't take it.... I stopped what I was doing, logged into Verizon and swapped phones midstream.. I had too much going on to have that "tool" screw me up all day.....

What a difference the second half of my day was... I was in total control of the day and it really showed why I need a BlackBerry....It just works as hard as I do.... Forget all the specs and apps and all things that we talk about all the time.... Blackberry's are built for business.. pure and simple... I am rocking a Z30 and it was flawless...
    11-12-14 08:24 AM
    OP you do know you can simply sim swap,between 4G phones now on Verizon without doing the online ESN swap?
    Not if one takes a nano sim and the other takes a micro sim. You would need to buy an adapter for it which many people have issues with breaking the sim tray. But you are correct about 4g phones being swappable given the sim cards are the same size.

11-12-14 08:26 AM
    That's why I have an iPad for games and BB for every thing else. Although Candy Crush works great on my Z10.

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    11-12-14 08:35 AM
    Now this is what separates the people who know and those who don't. Blackberry is not about when you are bored and need to check your phone for entertainment, its about getting things done. Messaging someone then switching back to the spreadsheet, then back to messaging the person who replied and back to the spreadsheet, with ease.
    11-12-14 09:03 AM
41 12