This is all my opinion.

I swapped out my Z10 to give my S3 another shot. I've been hearing non stop complaining/******** (friends) about apps and how much better the S3 performs and blah blah blah. Well I'm 4 days in to it and I'm dreading this experiment. Since activating the phone I did what most people do and start searching for apps. I found just about everything I thought I would need and some. There are plenty of apps as we all know on Android. I downloaded approximately 37 apps. These are apps that I wasn't really going to use but download a lot of them for sake of maybe I will have some need for them in the future and they appeared like cool ones I can use. Well so far I only use 3 on almost a daily basis (banking, sports, music streaming). All the others are just filler apps that I really haven't touched since downloading them.

I do hate the fact that banking apps aren't really out there for BB10. I did manage to sideload my bank app thanks to CB members helping me convert them to apk files (big thanks guys!).

What I do like about the S3 - Ability to customize home screens / Widgets and shortcuts / headless apps (having my weather show up on the top left corner is always a nice thing) / Google Playstore / How folders are presented (clicking on a folder doesn't take up the entire screen, it only opens up to the size of the amount of apps stored in it) / camera is very good / 2100 mAH batter / screen (nice and bright) / Quick setting aka Toggle switches / Ability to change fonts and not just font sizes.

What I do not like about the S3 - Feels extremely cheap (I had to put a case on it to make it feel more solid). The rear back is extremely flimsy, I can flex it beyond a U shape to where the edges almost touch one another. I know the Z10 has a similar snap backing but it feels more sturdy then whats on the S3. The keyboard is terrible IMO compared to the Z10. I have tried swipe texting as well and its just not as fluid for me as texting is on the Z10. The predictive text is a joke as well. Why use Sbeam when NFC does the same exact job, plus NFC has to be on to use Sbeam. I tried the Sbeam with 3 other Galaxy users and its just bloat ware and often failed connection. NFC does everything the Sbeam does from when I transferred files from my Z10 to another other device having NFC available. Maybe I just don't full understand Sbeam so it could be user error. Who email is presented is painful to look at. You have to download all attachments and can not just view them in the email. Having go out of each and every messaging app is time consuming. I hate having to double click and hold the home button to have to close out all open apps. Web browsing is horrible!! I can see why there has to be an app for pretty much everything. There is no competition in my eyes on web browsing. Phone reception isn't that good compared to the Z10. I was getting 2 bars in places that my Z10 would get full reception.

The S3 is a good device and has a lot of very cool features but to me it is not even close to how fluid and responsive BB10 is. I truly miss the HUB, the swipe gestures, the keyboard experience, predictive text, auto correct. The camera on the Z10 is just as good as what as the S3 and possibly better. The edit functions on the Z10 are far more superior then having to download an app to do what the Z10 does. I can do things a lot faster and my Z10 then the S3.

I feel I wasted more time on the S3 then when I was on the Z10. My production has gone down, because all there is social messaging apps galore on Android and iOS. Everyone I know that has either of these two O.S are constantly on Snapchat, instagram.. ect ect ect. People are being dumbed down by the millions. Yes, there is a need for apps, but the stuff that is out there is insane. I am 33 yrs old and I don't consider myself old by any means but its crazy how much people live off these apps and can only communicate to one another through them. People are losing real social skills.

I'm swapping back to my Z10 ASAP!! I can get hated on because of this, but I can care less. I have used Android, iOS way before I started using BB10. I can not see myself going back unless this company completely just shutdown and never makes another device again.
    10-14-13 03:34 PM
    Sorry for my rant... just needed to get it out..lol
    10-14-13 03:34 PM
    This is all my opinion.

I swapped out my Z10 to give my S3 another shot. I've been hearing non stop complaining/******** (friends) about apps and how much better the S3 performs and blah blah blah. Well I'm 4 days in to it and I'm dreading this experiment. Since activating the phone I did what most people do and start searching for apps. I found just about everything I thought I would need and some. There are plenty of apps as we all know on Android. I downloaded approximately 37 apps. These are apps that I wasn't really going to use but download a lot of them for sake of maybe I will have some need for them in the future and they appeared like cool ones I can use. Well so far I only use 3 on almost a daily basis (banking, sports, music streaming). All the others are just filler apps that I really haven't touched since downloading them.

I do hate the fact that banking apps aren't really out there for BB10. I did manage to sideload my bank app thanks to CB members helping me convert them to apk files (big thanks guys!).

What I do like about the S3 - Ability to customize home screens / Widgets and shortcuts / headless apps (having my weather show up on the top left corner is always a nice thing) / Google Playstore / How folders are presented (clicking on a folder doesn't take up the entire screen, it only opens up to the size of the amount of apps stored in it) / camera is very good / 2100 mAH batter / screen (nice and bright) / Quick setting aka Toggle switches / Ability to change fonts and not just font sizes.

What I do not like about the S3 - Feels extremely cheap (I had to put a case on it to make it feel more solid). The rear back is extremely flimsy, I can flex it beyond a U shape to where the edges almost touch one another. I know the Z10 has a similar snap backing but it feels more sturdy then whats on the S3. The keyboard is terrible IMO compared to the Z10. I have tried swipe texting as well and its just not as fluid for me as texting is on the Z10. The predictive text is a joke as well. Why use Sbeam when NFC does the same exact job, plus NFC has to be on to use Sbeam. I tried the Sbeam with 3 other Galaxy users and its just bloat ware and often failed connection. NFC does everything the Sbeam does from when I transferred files from my Z10 to another other device having NFC available. Maybe I just don't full understand Sbeam so it could be user error. Who email is presented is painful to look at. You have to download all attachments and can not just view them in the email. Having go out of each and every messaging app is time consuming. I hate having to double click and hold the home button to have to close out all open apps. Web browsing is horrible!! I can see why there has to be an app for pretty much everything. There is no competition in my eyes on web browsing. Phone reception isn't that good compared to the Z10. I was getting 2 bars in places that my Z10 would get full reception.

The S3 is a good device and has a lot of very cool features but to me it is not even close to how fluid and responsive BB10 is. I truly miss the HUB, the swipe gestures, the keyboard experience, predictive text, auto correct. The camera on the Z10 is just as good as what as the S3 and possibly better. The edit functions on the Z10 are far more superior then having to download an app to do what the Z10 does. I can do things a lot faster and my Z10 then the S3.

I feel I wasted more time on the S3 then when I was on the Z10. My production has gone down, because all there is social messaging apps galore on Android and iOS. Everyone I know that has either of these two O.S are constantly on Snapchat, instagram.. ect ect ect. People are being dumbed down by the millions. Yes, there is a need for apps, but the stuff that is out there is insane. I am 33 yrs old and I don't consider myself old by any means but its crazy how much people live off these apps and can only communicate to one another through them. People are losing real social skills.

I'm swapping back to my Z10 ASAP!! I can get hated on because of this, but I can care less. I have used Android, iOS way before I started using BB10. I can not see myself going back unless this company completely just shutdown and never makes another device again.
    ^ EXACTLY this. I have both devices and this post is just about perfect about how I feel concerning both devices. my Z10 is my go to device by far. Oh yeah, one other thing the Z10 music player is also better in sound quality and playlist management, overall a better experience with the Z10....IMHO
    10-14-13 03:44 PM
    Use both if you want too. Z10 as your main phone and use your s3 for your apps. Like other ppl

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-14-13 04:16 PM
    So more apps makes you less productive? Perhaps you should criticize your lack of self control.
    Nobodies fault but your own that you are easily distracted from tasks of productivity because you choose to socialize on snapchat.
    10-14-13 04:22 PM
    On @spencerdl's point, the Z10/30, Q10/5 can all play FLAC Files and you don't need an extra player for that. Plus the Z10 is a wonderful media device :3

Swiped and Flowed via my BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-14-13 04:31 PM
    You are reading to much into my own opinions. I feel I hit a sensitive spot with you there....lol I just meant that people spend way to much time on their phones and seem to be losing personal communication skills, especially the younger generation.
    10-14-13 05:38 PM
    I thought about carrying two phones but the fact that I also carry a wallet and gun at all times, it'll just be to much for my pockets. I keep an iPod touch in the car for those times I want to get on a app that I can not side load.
    10-14-13 05:43 PM
    The speaker phone sounds much more clear and louder then the S3 also. I am not trying to make it seem like I'm bashing the S3 and that I didn't like some features, I just prefer the BB10 experience.
    10-14-13 05:44 PM
    The speaker phone sounds much more clear and louder then the S3 also. I am not trying to make it seem like I'm bashing the S3 and that I didn't like some features, I just prefer the BB10 experience.
    Not to sure about the speaker phone opinion......Its my experience that the Z10 speaker is better all around and I use both on a everyday basis.....IMO
    10-22-13 12:41 AM
    OP, I completely agree with you man. My ios 7 experience has been abysmal, boring, and not as "magical" as others make it seem. I enjoy every moment of my BB10 experience and feel right at home with my Z10. I too, like many, have a secondary device for all my other app needs. In my case, it's an ipad. And Android, well don't get me started..............(-_- ) .............Anyway, I don't see myself crossing over to any other platform anytime soon. #BlackberryByChoice!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 05:15 AM
    The widgets and headless apps on Android are really cool. Wonder when they will bring that to bb10. I'm also disappointed that with bb10 you can't have apps running in the background.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 06:55 AM
    I switched from Iphone to z10 and found that I do things in half the time.

When I was on iPhone it took twice as long to do cross referencing between apps, Internet messaging and calls.

Much more productive for sure. If BB10 had all those apps this os would be king, imo

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    10-22-13 08:51 AM
    I did play with the idea of getting the S3 when BB10 was slow to arrive etc. But hearing feedback from others who have Samsungs, know my usage pattern and needs stopped me from doing so and I am glad. A lot of what u r saying I have experienced (we own two Samsungs in our home, tablet and phone).

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    10-22-13 09:33 AM
    Good on ya man ;-)

Posted from my Z10 (very smart phone)
    10-22-13 10:54 AM
    There are pros and cons on all platforms, I guess since BlackBerry was my first smartphone I'm kinda bias and will probably own a BlackBerry along with any other secondary device.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 06:41 AM
    There are pros and cons on all platforms, I guess since BlackBerry was my first smartphone I'm kinda bias and will probably own a BlackBerry along with any other secondary device.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. There's an element of bias, and there's what appeals to our muscle memory, or what works better for the way our mind is used to doing things.

For some, perhaps that's Android. Others, iOS. For us, it's BB10 (quite radically different from BBOS).
    10-23-13 07:52 AM