Hi,

Silly question guys. How can I save on data usage? I got my Blackberry Q10 last month and before that I had the Blackberry 9700. I never had any data issue with my old blackberry, in fact I hardly used all of my data and I NEVER use WiFi. I've always used only the network connection. However, with the Q10 it seems I am over my limit. Please keep in mind that I haven't changed the way I use my phone. I hardly ever watch videos on my phone and the only time I use the internet is when I need Google for something. I find it very odd that in just one month I used up more than 1GB of data... I am always signed in to Facebook and Twitter however I close it once I'm done checking my things (meaning I don't let them linger in the background). I never had a problem with keeping Facebook and Twitter signed in with my old phone, but would it affect the Q10?? This is very frustrating because I don't use my phone that often yet my data is already all used up.

Do you have any tips on saving data? Has anyone had problems with the data usage on their new phone? Also, if I put my phone to 3G instead of LTE, would that help??

Thanks for the help!
    04-21-14 12:06 AM
    Start using wifi when ever possible. BB 10 is the same as Andriod/IOS, no more data compression

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    04-21-14 01:14 AM
    In my opinion, the difference between the legacy and BB10 in data usage

#legacy (the BBM is free and not included in data usage)
    #BB10 (BBM usage is included)

#legacy ( 10 emails free data)
    #BB10 ( no free email)

So if you still using a BlackBerry package from your carrier, you should cancel it and try to get a data package only with more than 1 GB

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 01:33 AM
    That is super odd. I frequently use apps to read articles but I never go over my 600mb limit. Quite frankly, I don't really even use more than 500mb on most occasions. Hmmmm...if u don't watch videos either than this might be the greatest mystery on Crackberry. The only think that I can think of is to check to see if internet tethering is disabled on your device.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 02:04 AM
    Hi,

Silly question guys. How can I save on data usage? I got my Blackberry Q10 last month and before that I had the Blackberry 9700. I never had any data issue with my old blackberry, in fact I hardly used all of my data and I NEVER use WiFi. I've always used only the network connection. However, with the Q10 it seems I am over my limit. Please keep in mind that I haven't changed the way I use my phone. I hardly ever watch videos on my phone and the only time I use the internet is when I need Google for something. I find it very odd that in just one month I used up more than 1GB of data... I am always signed in to Facebook and Twitter however I close it once I'm done checking my things (meaning I don't let them linger in the background). I never had a problem with keeping Facebook and Twitter signed in with my old phone, but would it affect the Q10?? This is very frustrating because I don't use my phone that often yet my data is already all used up.

Do you have any tips on saving data? Has anyone had problems with the data usage on their new phone? Also, if I put my phone to 3G instead of LTE, would that help??

Thanks for the help!
    BIS in BBOS versus no data compression in BB10. Do we really need another thread for this?

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.2228
    sum one likes this.
    04-21-14 02:10 AM
    With your type of Internet useage I think turning off 4g may help conserve some data without negatively impacting your Web experience.
    Unfortunately1gig of data per month isn't a huge amount these days.
    You can check the data useage of individual apps in your Device Monitor (Quick Settings).
    It might be Facebook notifications which are pushing you over your limit.

CB10 via.. Z10
    04-21-14 04:25 AM