Brower > Menu > Options > Cache Operations > "Content Cache"

Does the Content Cache amount represent how much memory you have used on your data plan? If not, is there any other way to check how much data you've used?
    06-19-09 11:23 AM
    The Content Cache is used by your Browser, it saves things that are likley to be reused. In normal operation, it should be left alone to speed up your Browser response.

Data can be tracked with a number of third party applications.

Mini Monitor is the one I have installed, works great.

MiniMoni - Traffic monitor for BlackBerry
    06-19-09 11:29 AM
    Many report display issues with MiniMoni, but I use eoffice mobile data alerter, great app that does exactly what its supposed to.. Show you your daily use, and monthly use. You can set threshold warnings as well.
    I'm on my berry so I can't post the link but do a search in the forums and you should find the ota link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 12:20 PM
    MinMobi does not work on OS 4.3 or above as I recall, and I know it does not work on 4.5 or above with absolute certainty. I emailed the author about this and he told me so.
    06-19-09 12:25 PM
    I wonder if there has been a upgrade? I have Mini Monitor v1.01.03 running on v4.5.0.81.
    06-19-09 12:28 PM
    Many report display issues with MiniMoni, but I use eoffice mobile data alerter, great app that does exactly what its supposed to.. Show you your daily use, and monthly use. You can set threshold warnings as well.
    I'm on my berry so I can't post the link but do a search in the forums and you should find the ota link.

will it work with my pearl 8100 OS v4.5
    06-19-09 01:00 PM
    Minimoni will work properly on the pearl because it is formatted to fit the screen, I'm not sure if data alerter would work though, you can give it a try!

06-19-09 02:09 PM
    will it work with my pearl 8100 OS v4.5
    The e-office mobile data alerter is working great on my 8120 rev 4.5.0.102!
    screen fits perfect...
    I really like how it splits up roaming/mobile/wireless networks for you...
    cheers
    jrv
    Last edited by jrv2; 07-24-09 at 06:44 PM. Reason: added os rev.
    07-24-09 05:54 PM
    I'd suggest checking out "DAVID". It monitors Data, Minutes and Text Messages, then tells you your bill at the end of the Month!!!. I Love it! Its on Blackberry AppWorld, GetJar.com or from the Turner TeK website! Check out the info page on David from the turner tek web site!
    This looks REALLY interesting, I will definitely be trying the trial for my next 2 billing cycles and see how it goes...
    too bad its not free, but you can't always get what you want.....
    cheers
    jrv
    07-24-09 06:42 PM
    thanks mates...
    07-24-09 10:50 PM
    This looks REALLY interesting, I will definitely be trying the trial for my next 2 billing cycles and see how it goes...
    too bad its not free, but you can't always get what you want.....
    cheers
    jrv
    I have been trying David for a couple of weeks now and it seems to suffer from the same problem that MiniMoni does on 4.5 - that is, the data tracking is not working. After about 50MB of downloading, David shows me that I have used 16KB of data. This renders the app pretty much useless if you ask me. Does anyone have the data tracking working? The only app that seems to be able to track data right now is e-office mobile data alerter and it's free.

Although I am not against spending the small fee to purchase David, I won't be unless it tracks data effectively.

I have contacted support three times and they seem to be dismissing the issue. I would have appreciated a response from them. I mean, if I am the only one that it is not working for then they should tell me so I can figure out how to fix it but if this is a problem that many are having they should probably let me know too don't you think? I am using 4.5.0.161 on a Pearl 8120.

Based on my first impressions, Turner Teknologies seems to be lacking in customer service.
    08-11-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD