I might be swapping bb's with my mum, and i have another post about asking how to do this, and supposedly the desktop manager will help it? BUT how can i do it so it just swaps them around so she puts her data on my phone and mine on hers, whereas the desktop manager just seems to only do it one way? so just take from the other and put into a newer? soo, help? thank you.
    08-08-10 02:39 PM
    Leo, please don't create multiple threads about the same subject.
    08-08-10 02:52 PM
    The first one was about how i would do it, this was to figure out the problems of it, so they are different, do you have any help on how i would do t.
    08-08-10 02:57 PM
    Help, pleaaseee.
    08-09-10 05:38 AM
    Leo, this was answered in your other thread by someone else.
    08-09-10 05:54 AM
    Not this problem? they told me i could transfer everything not about if it will do a swap, so it transfers one to the other on both handsets not just from mine to hers.
    so on the thing it says i can go from:
    my things into her phone, but i need her stuff to go onto mine also?
    08-09-10 06:06 AM
    I just replied in the other thread. Run DM on two computers MIGHT work.
    08-09-10 08:25 AM
    Backup up your Mothers BlackBerry, use Switch Device to transfer your data, then used Advanced Restore to copy her backup to your BlackBerry.

Leo, you have a long history of attention seeking by creating multiple threads asking, the same questions over and over.

At a minimum, please have the good grace to acknowledge the comments made by our experienced members.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/swap...d-help-510587/

08-09-10 09:44 AM
    I did, i just still think they were different questions. but yes i understand and sorry.
    Would you be able to find or have a walkthrough through that process that would be great.
    08-09-10 09:49 AM
    Just keeping this up there, my need is a walkthrough or guide or even just help through either doing the idea previously mentioned or any new ones.
    ideas so far;
    use DM transfer thing on two computer,
    Backup up your Mothers BlackBerry, use Switch Device to transfer your data, then used Advanced Restore to copy her backup to your BlackBerry.
    08-10-10 05:20 AM
    Wow.

Connect your mother's BlackBerry to a computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Click on Backup. Select a location for the back. Allow it to finish.

Leave your mother's BlackBerry connected to the computer and also connect your BlackBerry to the same computer.

Click on the Device Switch Wizard in BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Select your BlackBerry as the source and your mother's BlackBerry as the destination.

Transfer all the data over.

Disconnect both when done.

All your data will be on your mother's BlackBerry.

Reconnect your BlackBerry to the computer.

Click on Restore. Select the Backup that you did earlier from your mother's BlackBerry.

Restore the data to your BlackBerry.

Disconnect.
    08-10-10 05:51 AM
    That's perfect, thank you very much. I appreciate it.
    08-10-10 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD