I am currentky looking at negotiating lower pricing on my Blackberry plan. Here is what i have:

- unlimited data (no tethering) - use about 270 mb per month
    - my faves 10
    - evenings and weekends starting at 5pm ($2)
    - voicemail
    - call display ($5)
    - 200 anytime minutes for calls outside my my faves (rarely call or text outside my faves, but I would if had unlimited texting)

Total costs is about 50 + 5 + 2 = 57 plus all taxes and access fees. I pay around $70 each month.

What would you recommend that I do? continue with my plan or switch to something different?

I am especially interested in peoples thoughts on the current plans that are available (student or not).
    08-08-11 03:08 AM
    I am currentky looking at negotiating lower pricing on my Blackberry plan. Here is what i have:

- unlimited data (no tethering) - use about 270 mb per month
    - my faves 10
    - evenings and weekends starting at 5pm ($2)
    - voicemail
    - call display ($5)
    - 200 anytime minutes for calls outside my my faves (rarely call or text outside my faves, but I would if had unlimited texting)

Total costs is about 50 + 5 + 2 = 57 plus all taxes and access fees. I pay around $70 each month.

What would you recommend that I do? continue with my plan or switch to something different?

I am especially interested in peoples thoughts on the current plans that are available (student or not).

I suggest asking in the Telus section
    http://forums.crackberry.com/telus-canada-f109/

Keep in mind, Unlimited data is GONE you can no longer get unlimited data so changing your plan you will be going to a fixed amount, realistically if you are using sub 500MB, you could get a 1GB plan from telus
    08-08-11 07:56 AM
    i know there are better and cheaper plans out there for telus but, i cant really say what they are cuz i dont have it.

somthing to the effect of

500 daytime
    unlimited evening/weekends/incoming
    unlimited texting
    cid vm call waiting
    5 gb of data

for 50
    08-08-11 07:58 AM
    you can def get a better plan. speak with retention
    08-08-11 08:02 AM
    I will be speaking to retention today. My biggest gripe is that my bills sky rocket as soon as I have any kind of extra texting (or international roaming, which I don't want to add on as a package anyway).

I am open to either staying with Telus, or moving to another service provider, be that Rogers, Bell, Kodo, Virgin etc.
    08-08-11 11:04 AM
    see if you get coverage from Mobilicity or Wind in your neck of the woods.

I'm with Mobilicity (albeit in Toronto) and I get unlimited data (yes, with Tethering) along with almost everything else you could dream of for less than what you're paying...

check it out.
    08-08-11 11:51 AM
    Looks like I should be able to get an unlimited everything plan through either mobilicity or wind for 45 to 55 a month... Quite a bit better than what I am getting through telus.
    Definitely going to call L&R later today.
    08-08-11 01:29 PM
    Looks like I should be able to get an unlimited everything plan through either mobilicity or wind for 45 to 55 a month... Quite a bit better than what I am getting through telus.
    Definitely going to call L&R later today.

Make sure you check their coverage vs where you travel

wind and mobilicity are great for people who don't go anywhere, but if you travel outside your city you might have be carrying a brick
    08-09-11 06:06 AM
    Although unlimited data is gone, Telus does offer the flex plan for 55 dollars you get 1GB. Which is a lot I use my over my computer all the time and I don't even come close to 100mb.
    Also you get
    - unlimited family calling
    - local early nights (6pm) and weekends.
    - unlimited text, picture and video messaging
    - nation wide 10 numbers.
    - voice mail
    - 200 local anytime minutes

I added caller ID and insurance to that and I pay 76 a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 08:39 AM
    Although unlimited data is gone, Telus does offer the flex plan for 55 dollars you get 1GB. Which is a lot I use my over my computer all the time and I don't even come close to 100mb.
    Also you get
    - unlimited family calling
    - local early nights (6pm) and weekends.
    - unlimited text, picture and video messaging
    - nation wide 10 numbers.
    - voice mail
    - 200 local anytime minutes

I added caller ID and insurance to that and I pay 76 a month.

About the same I pay each month, except sometimes it jumps to $87, $96 and $108 at random. I had to cut off Caller ID in order to save money, it still goes skyrocketing even if I use local airtime after 9. I'm getting friggin' gouged. I'll be glad to switch to wind soon to save money, regardless of the voice quality or "dropped calls". $42.50 after tax (bb data, voicemail and Smart plan), a month, is worth while.
    Edit: Telus won't even scale to that amount of savings until you bribe them $400-900.

08-09-11 08:57 AM
    About the same I pay each month, except sometimes it jumps to $87, $96 and $108 at random. I had to cut off Caller ID in order to save money, it still goes skyrocketing even if I use local airtime after 9. I'm getting friggin' gouged. I'll be glad to switch to wind soon to save money, regardless of the voice quality or "dropped calls". $42.50 after tax (bb data, voicemail and Smart plan), a month, is worth while.
    Edit: Telus won't even scale to that amount of savings until you bribe them $400-900.

mobilicity has a huge promo going on friday from 6pm to midnight.

You're pretty much looking at $45 for unlimited everything including your bis service...

something to consider if you're tired of getting gouged by the big 3
    08-11-11 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD