So I just bought an unlocked blackberry curve 8330 today.

I don't have a data plan. If I get a data plan and then don't want the data plan can I take it off?

I wanna try it out and if I don't even use it will I be able to take it off?
    01-18-10 09:11 PM
    Well, if they told you it was an 'unlocked' 8330, they were fibbing to you. The 8330 is a CDMA device and the non-world CDMA devices don't unlock.

The carriers that use CDMA generally require a BlackBerry data plan, but it is possible to use it as a phone/text device if they'll allow you to activate it that way.

If there is any doubt as to what device you have, type 'myver' and press the space key when you reply, or check Options>About.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 09:41 PM
    So I just bought an unlocked blackberry curve 8330 today.

I don't have a data plan. If I get a data plan and then don't want the data plan can I take it off?

I wanna try it out and if I don't even use it will I be able to take it off?
    If your device is the 8330, you cannot use it on T-Mobile. T-Mobile is a GSM carrier, and the 8330 is a CDMA device.
    01-18-10 10:51 PM
    8330 is a CDMA device and you can't use it on GSM networks like ATT/T-Mo.
    01-19-10 03:09 AM
    I have the number wrong then It's a BlackBerry that is for AT&T and unlocked so I can use it for T-Mobile.
    01-19-10 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD