Hello all, quick question.

My family has ATT service with 5 lines on it. We have unlimited texting and data plans, but no one has a blackberry. I am about to buy the curve 8310 but am wondering if I will have a problem using all the features (email internet, etc.) because our data plan is not specific to a blackberry.

I hope this makes sense. I would like to know if I am going to need to purchase a specific plan in order to use all the quirks of a blackberry. If so, what would I be able to use with the exsisting data plan?

Thanks in advance.
    11-28-08 08:33 PM
    I'm pretty sure you have to have bis(blackberry internet service). You might want to check in the att sub forum or call them. Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 11:25 PM
    To use the BlackBerry as it was meant to be used, yes you must
    have a BB data plan. Without it you will not get push Email, will
    be limited to the MediaNet browser, won't be able to use the
    GPS fully ...
    11-28-08 11:32 PM
    Yeah, I had that problem when I first got my Berry (I had an unlimited mobile data plan through Telstra, my carrier). To get the push email and GPS it has to use BIS.
    11-29-08 12:26 AM
    A blackberry without a BB data plan is like having a new car with no gas! The BB data plan is a whole different data plan than the other plans for regular phones. All I can say is your family sure is spending a LOT of money every month/year with AT&T with all those lines!!! Other than Sprint, all other carriers make you "add on" all your extras other than your base minutes plan which adds up to one healthy bill each month! "Simply Everything" plans from Sprint are really nice and I sleep well at night. LOL!
    11-29-08 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD