Hi there,
    I just got my new blackberry bold with an data plan 500mb a month without unlimited social networking.
    i was wondering will I over pass my 500mb if i always using my bbm and facebook,twitter and internet for search as direction, places etc...
    and i never download video or app.
    so thx for the answer. lol im pretty getting paranoid dontwanna over my 500mb
    06-21-11 10:31 PM
    500Mb is a lot of data, particularly for a BlackBerry.

A couple years back, the typical BlackBerry plan included 1.5Mb with an additional 1Mb for $10.

If you are not downloading or streaming content, that will be plenty.
    06-22-11 01:05 AM
    Without media streaming you will not even get close to 500mb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 02:19 AM
    My girlfriend has a 200MB plan and does the exact same things you mention & she never goes above 50MB. You should be fine.

06-22-11 03:59 AM
    BlackBerrys don't eat up a lot of data. Even with downloading and streaming, I'd bet you won't exceed 500mb.

06-22-11 05:31 AM
    To stave off paranoia use a data monitor app. Try e-office mobile - Mobile Data Alerter for example. You have a lot of room at 500megs.

06-22-11 07:29 AM
    My wife would use her BB in a similar fashion and use up about 75MB each month. You'll be hard pressed to hit 500MB unless you are streaming stuff.
    06-22-11 08:14 AM
    Your provider should also send text warnings at 75% and 90% usage. Check with them to see if they offer that protection. I doubt you will ever even see a warning.
    06-22-11 08:38 AM
    Your provider should also send text warnings at 75% and 90% usage. Check with them to see if they offer that protection. I doubt you will ever even see a warning.
    Also, check to see if you can monitor data online. With Verizon, I can log into my account online and see how much data I've used, how many texts I've sent and keep an eye on minutes used.
    06-22-11 09:49 AM
    Hello, I just got my Torch 9860 and I am very happy with it. It's my first BB phone. However, I am very paranoid as with other users with regards to data usage. I downloaded "Cell Manager" application to monitor my data usage. I found out that even on standby, my BB still uses some kb (as far as I know, it is using like 20-40kbs or even more every now and then) I'm pretty much sure that it something to do with the BBM that is always running on the background. What I am worried about is that I don't BBM a lot and it still eats my data even on standby. Please help.

Thank you!
    Last edited by macoy03; 09-19-11 at 07:14 PM.
    09-19-11 07:11 PM
    Based on what you stated 500mb is plenty.
    Also use wifi when available to offset data usage as well. Some carrier (rogers for example) has an app to monitor your monthly usages, minutes/sms/data.

09-19-11 08:21 PM
    You can also save your cell plan data by connecting to wifi whenever possible.

You will be hard-pressed to hit 100 MB. 500 is tons.
    09-19-11 08:23 PM
    Use wifi for the video/music/internet radio streaming if you do use those things, since you don't, wifi would be good when at home, data when on the go. As a hint, disabling javascript and only using it when the website demands it, is a good idea, the same with disabling images. Just two hints to save on data. I would also disable facebook's feed retrieval as when you open the app, it refreshes it automatically. It saves data.

09-19-11 08:51 PM
    You can also save your cell plan data by connecting to wifi whenever possible.

You will be hard-pressed to hit 100 MB. 500 is tons.
    09-19-11 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD