I programed a blackberry 8830 that I got from my dad. I have been unable to get any of the data apps to work. The browser doesn't even show up. I called Verizon and went through all their troubleshooting and nothing has worked. Their conclusion was that it must be an issue with the software. What should I try next?
    07-19-10 02:57 PM
    What do you mean by "I programed a blackberry 8830". What did you do to the device?

Check back with Verizon to make sure that you have the correct data plan set up for the device.

Do a battery pull with the device turned on.

Are you seeing 1XEV (in all caps) next to the signal bars?

Resend the Service Books. Log in to the BIS page from a computer. https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en Click Help. Then click Send Service Books.
    07-19-10 06:40 PM
    I formatted the memory and got it activated on my number. I have the data plan and talked with Verizon, tried reseting the data services but the phone will not connect and only 1x shows up.
    07-20-10 03:16 AM
    Again, what does "I formatted the memory" mean?

If you are only seeing 1x, then you are not connected to the BlackBerry Data.

Does the device have an IT Policy? Was it on a BES? Were you able to create an account on the Verizon BIS and add the PIN and ESN for the device?
    07-20-10 05:53 AM
    Again, what does "I formatted the memory" mean?

If you are only seeing 1x, then you are not connected to the BlackBerry Data.

Does the device have an IT Policy? Was it on a BES? Were you able to create an account on the Verizon BIS and add the PIN and ESN for the device?
    I wiped the handheld.
    It may have been on BES it was my dads company blackberry. How would I know if it has an IT Policy? I was able to set up the account and add the pin.
    07-20-10 06:43 PM
    I had the same problem, did you send the service books? if you did go to Mobile Network, inside on that menu press BB buttom and click update profile, let it do its thing and you should be good.

I programed a blackberry 8830 that I got from my dad. I have been unable to get any of the data apps to work. The browser doesn't even show up. I called Verizon and went through all their troubleshooting and nothing has worked. Their conclusion was that it must be an issue with the software. What should I try next?
    07-20-10 06:55 PM
    I wiped the handheld.
    It may have been on BES it was my dads company blackberry. How would I know if it has an IT Policy? I was able to set up the account and add the pin.
    Go to Options > Status and type buyr. If you have an IT policy, it will be listed.

Check out this thread from the "How To" forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/
    07-20-10 07:58 PM
    Where do I type buyr.
    07-25-10 12:22 AM
    Go to Options > Status and just type it in. There won't be a "box" to type in. Just type.
    07-25-10 07:57 AM
    Nothing happens when I do that...
    07-25-10 11:44 AM
    Hmm ... what OS version is on the device? When you type that, it should bring up an item for "IT Policy" on the list.

Try this then ...

Options > Security > General Settings
    Look for anything that says IT Policy, often listed under "Services". If you see any references to IT Policy, then it will need to be removed
    07-25-10 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD