Not really found the answer to this so I will ask anyway. Will we still be taking out a blackberry plan and using the NOC under BB10?

The reason I ask is very simple, my current plan is very good value for money. I run 6 email accounts, I use Facebook and Twitter. I also view various web links I get via social media. I even read news via RSS feeds.

I can do all this on a small data package because I have a BB and my data is either compressed or part of my free BB services.

So will this continue to be the case for BB 10?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    10-05-12 05:20 AM
    There are countless threads on this so I'm not sure how you haven't found an answer. Maybe you mean you didn't find the answer you wanted because atm we just don't know.
    10-05-12 06:08 AM
    that's my point, even if I take into account the things I learned about the PlayBook using the NOC for email, the picture is not clear to me what will be going on with BB10.

I know BBM will be moving away from a reliance on PIN in favour of BlackBerry ID but will continue to work with a new version of BBM on older devices.

10-05-12 07:16 AM
    Not really found the answer to this so I will ask anyway. Will we still be taking out a blackberry plan and using the NOC under BB10?

The reason I ask is very simple, my current plan is very good value for money. I run 6 email accounts, I use Facebook and Twitter. I also view various web links I get via social media. I even read news via RSS feeds.

I can do all this on a small data package because I have a BB and my data is either compressed or part of my free BB services.

So will this continue to be the case for BB 10?

I'm interested to know how 'low' compression takes this sort of stuff? My usage is pretty much the same as yours and I struggle to hit 200mb or more a month on my Lumia.
    10-05-12 10:23 AM
    Pretty sure you won't need a designated BB plan. Should be able to just use a standard smartphone plan for data on BB10 devices.

The current Dev Alphas work this way so I assume it will stay the same.
    10-05-12 10:49 AM
    Should be able to just use a standard smartphone plan for data on BB10 devices.
    Wait..standard as in what other devices are currently using? What happens to the cut RIM gets from BIS?
    10-05-12 12:25 PM
    Wait..standard as in what other devices are currently using? What happens to the cut RIM gets from BIS?
    I was going to say the same thing!
    10-08-12 08:31 AM