I just read your signature
    5850 stores selling the Z10 between the UK and Canada, Average 28 days left in the 4th quarter.
    1 sold a day at each store is = to 163,800 Z10's. @Canaccord @forbes, Think about it!
    Good Point.
    02-23-13 06:26 PM
    Thanks!
    Its been confirmed by a Rodgers source that 1 Rodgers store sold 3250 Z10's on launch day including preorders, That store was the second highest stocked store in Canada. Not sure the numbers from the highest stocked store, but I can imagine they sold out as well! Plus many stores sold in the hundreds on launch day! And thats just Canada.
    The end of the quarter is not even over yet, were simply talking SALES and not sell in! Now with all the other countries that have launched sales and sell in, added to this equation things start to look like a reasonably decent start to the launch! (im containing myself here)
    Word is that its still not easy to get a Z10 everywhere in Canada (some backorders still exsist with lenghty waits/lines) or the UK, prices have gone up in the UK due to demand! I'm being told where asked, that stores and even small kioks are selling let just say more than 1 a day!
    You dont have to be an ANALyst from Canaccord or a writer from Forbes to figure out that the negative sentiment on sales is way out to lunch! Those fool better hang on to their "shorts" pun intended. Because their leading them to slaughter!
    It could be that their all isheep? Again pun intended .)
    But we all wait and see!
    02-23-13 06:51 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ntract-775244/
    just found this in the news and rumors section. I've never seen prices go up on launch before (not saying it hasn't happened) But it only mean one thing. Demand is strong very strong this long after launching! hard to dispute the evidence!
    EDIT: On second look this is a bit generic, but still adds to overall demand being positive!
    02-23-13 07:09 PM
    Canaccord has an agenda as do allot of firms playing with other people's money. Great analogy OP. Wish the rest of the world would see it in a common sense way.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 07:35 PM
    It's more than 2 billion dollar fight to cover all shorts vs us longs..longs will win at the end, just matter of time. It will take that much to recover based on short interest and historical short #s. it was less than 50mil last summer and then additional 100 mil shorts with avg price let's say $12
    02-23-13 08:06 PM
    Word is that its still not easy to get a Z10 everywhere in Canada (some backorders still exsist with lenghty waits/lines)
    But we all wait and see!
    Yup, its true. Last week, we had to wait 3 days for my wifes Z10.

2 days ago, I decided I would pick up a white Z10 instead of waiting for the Q since i was very impressed with my wifes Z, and they put me on a waiting list (about 10ppl infront of me), and said to check back next week. This is from a CORPORATE owned Telus store in a mall. You would think they would have tonnes of stock.

ALSO.... before I did the Telus thing..... I did the Free Kijiji Canada Classifieds | Free Ads | Petites Annonces Gratuites thing, and called 6 different sellers locally to buy the phone and I offered cash up front to close the deal as I wanted the phone as quick as possible. They sold out in minutes before I could get to them!

Slow selling? My @$$ !!!!
    02-23-13 08:22 PM
    Thanks!
    Its been confirmed by a Rodgers source that 1 Rodgers store sold 3250 Z10's on launch day including preorders, That store was the second highest stocked store in Canada.
    Interesting. Would there be a link to this "confirmed" source? 3250 phones in one day would be quite a feat for a store to pull off. In a 12 hour day, that would be 270 activations per hour. With an average activation in my experience taking about 10 minutes, that means each rep would have activated 6 phones per hour. That would put this Rogers store at 45 employees working non-stop for 12 hours activating Z10s.

Seems like a stretch, I've never seen a Rogers store with more than 10 employees. But I'll happily believe it with a source.
    02-23-13 10:28 PM
    I picked up my preorder straight out. No activation. Other than wait time for customers in front of me (who were all picking up Z10s) I waited about 2 minutes to pick up mine, paid debit and left. But I agree that 3250 sounds a bit steep.

Interesting. Would there be a link to this "confirmed" source? 3250 phones in one day would be quite a feat for a store to pull off. In a 12 hour day, that would be 270 activations per hour. With an average activation in my experience taking about 10 minutes, that means each rep would have activated 6 phones per hour. That would put this Rogers store at 45 employees working non-stop for 12 hours activating Z10s.

Seems like a stretch, I've never seen a Rogers store with more than 10 employees. But I'll happily believe it with a source.
    02-23-13 10:46 PM
    I picked up my preorder straight out. No activation. Other than wait time for customers in front of me (who were all picking up Z10s) I waited about 2 minutes to pick up mine, paid debit and left. But I agree that 3250 sounds a bit steep.
    Weird, how'd you get out without activation? Have your own SIM card already I assume?
    02-23-13 10:50 PM
    I already had a Z10 (got it at the press event) so I was picking the reserved one for a buddy instead. But since all I had to do was swap the sim there really is no activation required. My buddy used his sim from SGIII in it and voila.

Weird, how'd you get out without activation? Have your own SIM card already I assume?
    02-23-13 10:53 PM
    I already had a Z10 (got it at the press event) so I was picking the reserved one for a buddy instead. But since all I had to do was swap the sim there really is no activation required. My buddy used his sim from SGIII in it and voila.
    Ah, that would speed things up then. I picked up a Z10 last week for work (not for me unfortunately) and it took about 15 minutes since they needed to go through the whole process.

Anyway ya, the 3250 number seems extremely implausible. If it actually happened, I'd love to know which Rogers store has that kind of staffing. I mean even the store that the CB crew were at near Waterloo at launch didn't seem to have that level of staffing.
    02-23-13 10:56 PM

Sorry he never said it was ok to give out his number! Of coures you are right to be skeptical, all informetion on the internet is hearsay. If your that interested i'm sure you can do your own digging and find what store he's talking about. It wouldn't be that hard. Or simply don't believe me. Can I say he's not lying? no. But I have no reason to believe he made it up! Your numbers are sound and I agree that it would be difficult to do but thats not enough for me to not to believe him! I never said I had the whole story, Maybe some never got activated that day?
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-23-13 11:01 PM
    Sorry he never said it was ok to give out his number! Of coures you are right to be skeptical, all informetion on the internet is hearsay. If your that interested i'm sure you can do your own digging and find what store he's talking about. It wouldn't be that hard. Or simply don't believe me. Can I say he's not lying? no. But I have no reason to believe he made it up! Your numbers are sound and I agree that it would be difficult to do but thats not enough for me to not to believe him! I never said I had the whole story, Maybe some never got activated that day?
    Maybe...or maybe he misspoke and meant that they activated 3250 phones over the first few days. I'm skeptical of anything without a good source, because, like you said, Internet I'll ask some of my rogers associates where the biggest stores are, will probably shed some light on it.

The numbers seem to be wildly varied though. From sellouts at stores around Kitchener Waterloo for obvious reasons to very few sales at other locations. I almost feel bad when people say they can't get the phone they want then I walk into Walmart and see the same 10 or so Z10s sitting behind the counter every time.
    02-23-13 11:05 PM
    One other item to add to the debate. I count the amout of units built by the end of Feb to be 4.5 to 5 million!
    I believe it reliable that the run rate was increaded from 500,000 to 2 million mid December. There for the above numbers!
    02-23-13 11:06 PM
    Maybe...or maybe he misspoke and meant that they activated 3250 phones over the first few days. I'm skeptical of anything without a good source, because, like you said, Internet
    Very true again to be skeptical. Anything is posible but he did speak clearly about it!
    02-23-13 11:09 PM

Maybe a district or regional tally.
    02-23-13 11:17 PM
    Maybe...or maybe he misspoke and meant that they activated 3250 phones over the first few days. I'm skeptical of anything without a good source, because, like you said, Internet I'll ask some of my rogers associates where the biggest stores are, will probably shed some light on it.

The numbers seem to be wildly varied though. From sellouts at stores around Kitchener Waterloo for obvious reasons to very few sales at other locations. I almost feel bad when people say they can't get the phone they want then I walk into Walmart and see the same 10 or so Z10s sitting behind the counter every time.
    Ask your associates about the Highland/Fisher Hallman store in Kitchner. I heard their numbers were big launch day!
    02-23-13 11:37 PM
    Maybe a district or regional tally.
    Just a guess but lots off people moving form samsung and iphone would only have to swap their SIM and out the door with them!
    02-23-13 11:43 PM
    There is a PM feature on this forum...
    02-24-13 05:58 AM
    fanboy / fangirl sales figures are NOT showing real consumer interest nor are you able to extrapolate it. The proof - with no excuses - will be the 1Q sales figures in this summer...

Everything before, even the upcoming numbers, are not representative, because major parts of the world do not have the chance to get the device...
    howarmat and mikeo007 like this.
    02-24-13 12:02 PM
    Just a guess but lots off people moving form samsung and iphone would only have to swap their SIM and out the door with them!
    But you are talking about processing 6 transactions per minute every minute for eight hours - it's clearly bunk. Seriously if they sold in that rate in a single store, we would have seen all sorts of PR releases from the carrier and BBRY.
    02-24-13 12:13 PM
    But you are talking about processing 6 transactions per minute every minute for eight hours - it's clearly bunk. Seriously if they sold in that rate in a single store, we would have seen all sorts of PR releases from the carrier and BBRY.
    LMAO! you've been 180 degrees of wrong since a few quarters ago when you were talking all that crap before the Call, afterwords you were proven a fraud! Your clearly spreading more bunk!
    02-24-13 09:09 PM
    fanboy / fangirl sales figures are NOT showing real consumer interest nor are you able to extrapolate it. The proof - with no excuses - will be the 1Q sales figures in this summer...

Everything before, even the upcoming numbers, are not representative, because major parts of the world do not have the chance to get the device...
    Besides the fanboy/girl comment, I dont dissagree with what you say. My statements, although you may not like them are truthful to me and the people that spoke them to me. You discredit yourself by calling people fanboys and girls! Just because you have a forums moderator, laping up your every word adds no extra value either, You would think a CB mod would chose his likes and thanks a bit better. Or if he would like to go on record with his thoughts on the matter. But i guess we all know where he stands.
    02-24-13 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD