Just thought id share this with you. My daughter has a 8520 and she wants a new housing, and asked if i could change it. Ive got a spare 8520 which is new but i guessed i would see how hard it is to take it apart. it didnt take long and ive put it back together. Ive only broken 1 part and only have 3 screws left over, so my advice is this, if you want to change your housing, pay someone who knows what they are doing
    04-13-12 01:31 PM
    When you get that thought, stop.... and just pay someone to do it!
    04-13-12 02:16 PM
    Well you pay someone to do it but it costs money ofcourse. I'd do it myself instead.
    Changed parts of the 9900, 9810's, 97XX's and some 8520's and all worked out fine so far.
    If you are hesitating then don't do it. Aslong if you pay some serious attention and take it easy on what you do.
    It's not that hard just some patience and the know-how's and you will get there.
    Don't try to rip apart something if it just doesn't gets loose. Take it all slowly and gently.
    Before disassembling look at some video's to get prepared.
    04-13-12 02:25 PM
    i was a bit stupid, i dismantled it then had dinner then put it back together. it does work though, but not sure if it will fall to bits if its dropped. LOL
    04-13-12 04:08 PM
    i was a bit stupid, i dismantled it then had dinner then put it back together. it does work though, but not sure if it will fall to bits if its dropped. LOL
    I've never understood why manufacturers always include extra parts.
    04-13-12 04:11 PM
    Just thought id share this with you. My daughter has a 8520 and she wants a new housing, and asked if i could change it. Ive got a spare 8520 which is new but i guessed i would see how hard it is to take it apart. it didnt take long and ive put it back together. Ive only broken 1 part and only have 3 screws left over, so my advice is this, if you want to change your housing, pay someone who knows what they are doing
    On Youtube there are countless videos showing you exactly how to disassemble and reassemble just about every model of BB, most of them are actually made by the guys who sell the replacement screens and frame kits. There's no reason to break parts or have screws left over with a tiny bit of research first...

Cheers
    The REAL Joe
    04-13-12 04:38 PM
    If you run a Youtube video while stripping the phone down, you can keep pausing the video as you go.

As they say, GENTLY GENTLY CATCH THE MONKEY.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-13-12 07:01 PM
    YouTube is great for housing vids. Ive changed my Fiance's and mom's 8530 and my 9000. During my 9000 i broke some pixels pressing to hand on the screen but theirs turned out just fine. Like #3 said just take your time and be patient and it will all be good
    04-14-12 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD