Oh my god. After a week - a WEEK - of trying to get BB Unite's IT policy off my BB, including about 15 wipes/restores to factory, seaching manually through my laptop to find anything Unite relate including through the registry, uninstalling and reinstalling anything BB related on my laptop and still getting the firewall locked again, I had given up.

Then I decided to load the DM, OS and JL_CMDR files on the desktop downstairs.

Half an hour later -

NO LOCKED FIREWALL!!!!!!

Downside, I can't use my laptop anymore for the BB, but oh well - NO LOCKED FIREWALL!!!!!!!
    05-15-08 02:53 PM
    NO LOCKED FIREWALL!!!!!!

Downside, I can't use my laptop anymore for the BB, but oh well - NO LOCKED FIREWALL!!!!!!!
    You ROCK!! I knew you'd get it done
    05-15-08 03:26 PM
    ...files on the desktop downstairs.
    I feel like Ive been in your house now . Glad youre back up and running policy-free!
    05-15-08 03:32 PM
    I can't believe I am so geek happy over this.
    05-15-08 03:46 PM
    Congrats and enjoy.
    05-15-08 03:52 PM
    I can't believe I am so geek happy over this.
    Be a geek and be proud.
    Now get on the good foot HEY!!
    A l'il James Brown for ya
    05-15-08 03:59 PM
    HEE!

I even tried a roll back to before the Unite was installed on the computer and as soon as I plugged the USB into the laptop, the firewall re-enabled...

Oh well, I was getting that wierd error about installing applications (no new applications blah blah) on the laptop, which is Vista, but that didn't happen on the desktop, which is XP SP 2, so it may make life easier anyway.
    05-15-08 05:12 PM
    I just liked the title of your thread - made me check it out.

and glad you got it back.
    05-15-08 05:27 PM
    Definitely had to stop by with that title. Congrats.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 05:52 PM
    Congrats!!! I feel happy just stopping in here! I love it when you FINALLY figure something out, feels good!!
    05-15-08 05:54 PM
    I was about ready to hunt down Unite's programmer and slap them with a trout.
    05-15-08 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD