I don't see how BlackBerry can get Google's blessing. Google wouldn't want Android to be left in a sandbox like BlackBerry is doing.

Correction:
    BlackBerry 10 includes Dalvik VM, and it can run apps the same way that Android Open Source Project OS can, but it's not an Android. "Android" is a trademarked brand owned by Google to refer to versions of AOSP OS that it approves.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-19-14 04:36 AM
    Well its obvious why Android hardware partners wouldn't be happy that BB got Google Mobile Services under different rules than they have to follow. On the developer side, because BB10 is not a true android device they'd probably have to buy the handsets to test and stamp out bugs or risk their coveted good app ratings. Mostly likely many would just exclude their app from being shown in the Playstore of BB10 handsets as the reward/risk proposition just isn't there. Unless you are a top 100 app in your category the developer is one or two people and its just not worth the hassle.
    I don't see how BlackBerry can get Google's blessing. Google wouldn't want Android to be left in a sandbox like BlackBerry is doing.

Correction:
    BlackBerry 10 includes Dalvik VM, and it can run apps the same way that Android Open Source Project OS can, but it's not an Android. "Android" is a trademarked brand owned by Google to refer to versions of AOSP OS that it approves.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    I think the purpose of Android was for Google to be dominant in mobile search. (Push their services - that is why Android is free) (ie vs netscape)
    02-19-14 06:20 PM
    I think the purpose of Android was for Google to be dominant in mobile search. (Push their services - that is why Android is free) (ie vs netscape)
    True, but in BlackBerry 10, Dalvik is not front and center, and with BlackBerry 10 being its own OS, it also features stuff that is also available in Android, such as email, which would overshadow Google's email. Google wants Android to be the front and center stuff. Google search, for example, have to be "at least one step away from the homescreen". Basically the current search, which is always available from the homescreen, but you get the idea

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-19-14 06:25 PM
28 12