I personally like the look of the Apollo, but if it doesn't have a nice camera (I'd expect 4 or 5MP and a flash) I'd skip it for the Dakota. Having a camera without a flash is worthless even though I don't even use it very often.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 01:13 PM
    I came from iPhone to Bold 9780 mostly for its compact form factor, among others.
    If the Dakota is of 9000 size, I have to leave BB after all. I know there are many veteran 9000 fans here but 9000 always looked like a palm with a grin (no, not that Palm, but literally a palm). It looked like people talking with a palm pressed on ear.
    I might consider Monaco (Storm 3?) if it would come out.

In any case, QNX appears to be a far away fantasy if these new models are coming out in Q3 as speculated.
    01-16-11 01:19 AM
    Dakota no doubt, but the Apollo looks the sleekest imo.

Just need that touch/qwerty combo in my BB and I'll be set!

01-16-11 01:47 AM
    I have been a Verizon customer for over 8 years now, but if they stop caring BB's then I will move to another network. I tried the droids and am not impressed.
    ILoveTorch likes this.
    01-16-11 02:50 AM
    I love the look of the Apollo, but I really like the fact that the Dakota has a touch screen. My only concern is how well touch will work on a 2.8" display ... I have a hard enough time finger-tipping links in a web page on the Torch's 3.2". Don't matter ... I won't be replacing for at least another year.
    01-16-11 09:05 AM
    I'd have to say a toss up between the Torch and the Dakota... I love my current Torch but might have to switch to the Dakota, because I prefer the candybar form factor to a slider. Just not sure I want a touch screen that small. Either way, they both combine Touch with traditional portrait BB keypad, so I'll be kept happy.
    01-16-11 01:42 PM
    go with the bold 9650
    01-16-11 02:11 PM
    Sorry if someone already posted this. Which are you picking? I'm going with dakota if I have the option

I'm picking the Torch 2 because of the newer form factor. The Apollo and Dakota form factor are just boring to me.
    01-16-11 02:58 PM
    The Bold 9000 was the best Blackberry ever. I just hope the new Dakota is the same full size as the 9000 - and not some shrunk down version like the 9700 series. RIM we love the big keyboard of the 9000 - please bring it back!
    01-16-11 03:19 PM
    Dakota if any. Calendar, address book, or something else significant would have to be seriously improved. Touch screen and an improved processor aren't that exciting to me. Plan to stick with BB, but won't early-upgrade based on what I've seen of the new devices.
    01-20-11 09:53 PM
    Dakota if any. Calendar, address book, or something else significant would have to be seriously improved. Touch screen and an improved processor aren't that exciting to me. Plan to stick with BB, but won't early-upgrade based on what I've seen of the new devices.
    What's wrong with them?
    01-20-11 09:57 PM
    Even thoug dakota seems very promissing, I am still giving a few more chances for torch to pick up the pace...

01-21-11 02:30 AM
    What's wrong with them?
    For one, being able to select and edit (filters, ringtones, etc.) multiple contacts at once would improve my experience a good deal.

I could make a list of improvements I would like, but I'm no ui designer. I just want better organizational software that can do more. I'll leave it to the geeks to give me those clever specifics I never knew I wanted.
    Last edited by AlexAllen; 01-21-11 at 09:28 PM.
    01-21-11 09:20 PM
    Dakotas gonna be replacing my 9700 for sure if it really does release.
    same here
    01-22-11 12:39 AM
    Dakota. Im ready for it yesterday
    01-22-11 12:40 AM
    dakota definetly, but i hope its sooner than q3
    01-22-11 02:06 AM
    Apollo here. I love my Torch, but I don't even use the touchscreen. The Apollo just looks so sleek. I hope it'll be an option on AT&T.

01-23-11 06:02 PM
    Dakota. Im ready for it yesterday
    I'm ready - unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) my contract isn't for another year. I love this Torch, but I think the Dakota will be a likely successor if/when it comes out. The big, beautiful Bold keyboard plus a bigger touch screen display plus OS6 webkit browser = can't miss in my book.

01-23-11 06:17 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD