I have a bold and i wanna customize the ringtones for my email and text messages...

with ringtones i have made or purchased...

can someone please point me in the right direction to get it done...?

Thanks

TK
    04-14-09 01:19 PM
    Go to profiles>scroll all the way down to advanced>select the current active profile and there you are.
    04-14-09 01:44 PM
    ok cool....

that worked...

as for changing the general text and email tone...

how do you change the text tone from a certain person....?

TK
    04-14-09 01:56 PM
    can i personalize ringtones for text....like you can for phone ringers?
    04-14-09 04:14 PM
    can i personalize ringtones for text....like you can for phone ringers?
    In the active profile, select advanced. The press the BB key and select new exception. In the exception field type a name for the exception. In the from field, press the bb key, select add name and click the contact. You can add another contact to use this exception by repeating the add name. In the use profile field change the notification profile that the exception is based on. Now change the custom ringtone field. Finally press the bb key and select save. Use this option if you want to do a group notification.

You can also do the following. In the contact list highlight the contact you want to use a custom ringtone. Press the bb key and select edit. Press the bb key and select add custom ringtone. Change the custom ringtone field. Finally press the bb key and select save. Use this if you want to do an individual notification.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD