Thanks for this, I love how the BlackBerry logo looks on the phone.
    04-13-12 09:47 PM
    Thanks for posting this. I picked it up and installed it. I'm liking it along with my 9981 rip off theme.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 Alpha Prime using Tapatalk
    04-13-12 11:12 PM
    How about changing all the "o's" to the BlackBerry symbol?
    04-14-12 12:27 AM
    Hi!

I�m on 9780.
    I copied the font file to Media card via Mac. Than from BB i went to Files- Media Card cuted the font file, went to device- menu- Show Hidden, appdata/rim/ made fonts folder, pasted fonts file in to it, did the battery pull, but nothing under the diplay options. Why?
    I alos tried with these fonts in this topic- they worked just fine: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...efault-714576/

please help me!
    04-14-12 05:57 AM
    I love this font. I know that you might still be tweaking it so I might as well report that I noticed if people were using various fonts for their status messages in BBM, this font overrides and all their status messages appear in the Blackberry font.

Secondly, it disrupts track numbers in my music folder. Example, only first song of the album is numbered as track 01. Subsequnt songs are just listed prefaced with "..."

No biggies just thought I would report in.

Cheers and great work.
    04-14-12 10:18 AM
    Hi!

I‘m on 9780.

I copied the font file to Media card via Mac. Than from BB i went to Files- Media Card cuted the font file, went to device- menu- Show Hidden, appdata/rim/ made fonts folder, pasted fonts file in to it, did the battery pull, but nothing under the diplay options. Why?

I alos tried with these fonts in this topic- they worked just fine: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...efault-714576/

please help me!

try re-downloading the file and ensure it is in .font format. Also try a couple battery pulls, I'm not 100% sure how well every font will work with every OS but I do know it works on the 9900 with OS 7.1

If all else fails I'd suggest using the computer to put it directly on the device>appdata>rim>fonts

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CrackBerry Forums App!
    04-14-12 10:19 AM
    i have installed the font, well, on my phone's file storage i needed to make a new "fonts" folder of the rim\appdata before putting those font files inside, BUT i also found another folder, system\fonts, therefore i also put those font files inside. but i did perform several battery pulls and the fonts appear.

my question is: is it ok for me to put those font files on the system\fonts sub-folder? coz at that time, i was confused where i could locate the rim\appdata..

I don't see an issue with putting them there too. if RiM didn't want us to go into it they wouldn't have put it there

04-14-12 10:21 AM
    I am able to copy it, but it opens a new window and everything is hidden

PM me with some screenshots of what you're doing and i'll try to help you out

04-14-12 10:23 AM
    How about changing all the "o's" to the BlackBerry symbol?

Thanks for the input, but I doubt I'll be doing this.

04-14-12 10:30 AM
    I'm having trouble installing the fonts.. I've downloaded to my phone, copied it to Device/appdata/rim/fonts. The folder was there already and I've restarted- both soft and battery pull a couple of times. The font is named as a .font file and it just doesn't show up on my font list. Anything I've done wrong?
    04-14-12 10:36 AM
    try re-downloading the file and ensure it is in .font format. Also try a couple battery pulls, I'm not 100% sure how well every font will work with every OS but I do know it works on the 9900 with OS 7.1

If all else fails I'd suggest using the computer to put it directly on the device>appdata>rim>fonts

I'm also using the 9780 and can't seem to install the fonts too. I can't seem to copy the fonts to the system/fonts folder as well.
    Last edited by ram4life; 04-14-12 at 06:58 PM.
    04-14-12 10:40 AM
    Same here on the 9650
    04-14-12 10:45 AM
    cannot install font larger than 90kb on OS 6 (Bold 9780)
    04-14-12 11:37 AM
    cannot install font larger than 90kb on OS 6 (Bold 9780)

ahh that might be the issue, when I get home I'll modify it and get rid of the 7-pointed BIS symbol, thats a jpeg so it's probably over 90 kb alone.

thanks for the info, I'll re-upload it by the beginning of next week and see if that helps!

hasdan likes this.
    04-14-12 11:40 AM
    Is the download link the updated font, I read somwehre you updated it ? Or is it still the original one ?
    04-14-12 12:42 PM
    Is the download link the updated font, I read somwehre you updated it ? Or is it still the original one ?

it is not the original, it is quite up-to-date (i am currently testing a newer one on my personal BlackBerry and I need to make a few modifications before I release it). Hold in there though because I'll be releasing an update this coming week

04-15-12 12:06 AM
    Gotta say this font is very nice. Looks great on the phone.

Compliments to strider2112.
    04-15-12 12:52 AM
    Hey. This font doesn't show up in my phone. I can use other custom fonts I've downloaded, but not this one. I've copied it to the fonts folder, tried soft resetting/battery pull. Doesn't work. Can someone help?

For the record I'm using a curve 8520 with JSL's hybrid v7.
    04-15-12 03:42 AM
    doesnt work for me
    tried copying it to fonts folder
    04-15-12 10:18 AM
    doesnt work for me
    tried copying it to fonts folder
    What kind of trouble are you having?
    04-15-12 10:51 AM
    Hey. This font doesn't show up in my phone. I can use other custom fonts I've downloaded, but not this one. I've copied it to the fonts folder, tried soft resetting/battery pull. Doesn't work. Can someone help?

For the record I'm using a curve 8520 with JSL's hybrid v7.

as someone previously mentioned, older devices may not take a font file bigger than 90 kb. i am currently looking into this

04-15-12 12:43 PM
    Any changes on this? Is there the new file ( smaller than 90K), that could be usable on OS6 devices?
    04-16-12 08:46 AM
    Any changes on this? Is there the new file ( smaller than 90K), that could be usable on OS6 devices?
    Just to let everyone know I have just updated a heavily modified version of the font file that is now less than 90 KB, please check the first post in this thread for more information and the download link.

I have not tested this font on my personal BlackBerry yet
    04-16-12 10:27 PM
    Boo! Didn't work. Naw I joke, good try, but still doesn't show up, I did a soft and full battery pull reset and it doesn't show up.
    Running OS6 on 9780
    04-16-12 10:52 PM
    I did a test with another theme I had in the same folder. This font is 29kb and basically I renamed it slightly so that I could see if that made a difference. I added a "~" in the name (so no spaces). After doing a hard reset on the phone I see both the original font plus another one with the ~ in its name. I went to the file app and found that bb made another copy of the font rather than just overwriting the name. So I have 2 fonts that are exactly the same: FuturaStd-ExtraBoldOblique.font and FuturaStd~ExtraBoldOblique.font
    Both these fonts appear in the theme section and they are both 29kb and the exact same font.

Might be something wrong with your font OR the size of the fonts is supposed to be even smaller.
    But let's see if others are able to get it working as well
    Strider2112 likes this.
    04-16-12 11:10 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD