Important Note:
    I have stopped supporting this font, as well as I have switched from Box.com to Dropbox for my FTP needs (so I have lost the original font links). I also no longer have the fonts on my PC so I am unable to upload them.

If anyone has the original fonts that feel the need to upload it to an FTP site, feel free to PM me the link and I will post it here, or start your own thread if you want to...

Thanks for all your support in this endeavor.

I have taken it upon myself to create a sort of "custom" font that is modeled after the BlackBerry logo. I know that there are a few of these already out there (I have been looking) and I think I have taken some ideas from the best of them to create what I believe is an accurate representation of the BlackBerry Logo, but in font form (so you can use it to type anything on the BlackBerry.)

Here is a screenshot of what the font looks like on the BlackBerry Bold 9900 (with size 10 and bold italics):

Image up to date as of April 17, 2012

I'm going to continue to work on this font when I can and make it better, if there are any suggestions please let me know and I'll work on it. This font can also be used with your computer. (Please note: I have replaced the Yen symbol with the BlackBerry Logo (the dots))

I have updated the font to be around 10 KB!
    To get the Font you can download it here:
    Download Link thanks to axllebeer
    The Above link should be around 10 KB

To install it, there are instructions in this Topic:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...efault-714576/
    Note it is already in .font format

TUTORIAL:

1 - rename the extension from ".ttf" to ".font"

2 - place in phone's device storage, in the "fonts" folder (Device Storage>appdata>rim>fonts) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR "HIDDEN" FOLDERS VISIBLE.

3 - now once placed in folder reboot(battery pull/soft reset) phone.

4 - all fonts should be visible in your display settings.

**IF YOU DON'T HAVE A "fonts" FOLDER IN YOUR "rim" FOLDER, THEN CREATE ONE.**
    If you have to create a folder called "fonts", it needs to be all lowercase!
    Last edited by Strider2112; 06-15-13 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Got a new link from axllebeer, thanks a lot
    04-11-12 12:08 AM
    I'm not sure if this is posted in the correct place, I hope it is found and is useful to some people!

I have taken it upon myself to create a sort of "custom" font that is modeled after the BlackBerry logo. I know that there are a few of these already out there (I have been looking) and I think I have taken some ideas from the best of them to create what I believe is an accurate representation of the BlackBerry Logo, but in font form (so you can use it to type anything on the BlackBerry.)

Here is a screenshot of what the font looks like on the BlackBerry Bold 9900 (with size 11 and bold italics):

Click to view quoted image

I'm going to continue to work on this font when I can and make it better, if there are any suggestions please let me know and I'll work on it. This font can also be used with your computer. (Please note: I have replaced the Yen symbol with the BlackBerry Logo (the dots))

To get the Font you can download it here:
    BlackBerry Homemade.font - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

To install it, there are instructions in this Topic:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...efault-714576/
    Note it is already in .font format
    You glorious person! Brilliant! I love it, and I will be linking this on my newest thread I made.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7308111
    04-11-12 12:22 AM
    I have a suggestion. Is it possible to make 3 iterations of the font? like a slim, bold, and thick font. such the semibold-medium-&bold fonts I uploaded in the thread I made. I like the font, but the bulkiness kind of messes with my eyes a little. Great font nonetheless.
    Strider2112 likes this.
    04-11-12 12:43 AM
    how about ���? So it is usable for germans..
    Strider2112 and jordandrews90 like this.
    04-11-12 12:58 AM
    I have a suggestion. Is it possible to make 3 iterations of the font? like a slim, bold, and thick font. such the semibold-medium-&bold fonts I uploaded in the thread I made. I like the font, but the bulkiness kind of messes with my eyes a little. Great font nonetheless.
    Yeah, that image was taken with it at Bold and Italicized (using the BlackBerry's Bold/Italics), I would suggest just using regular Italicized or just Regular.

I will look into making a regular, bold, and superbold though. That will take a lot longer to do as you have to basically re draw all the fonts
    tre5tackz likes this.
    04-11-12 01:05 AM
    how about ���? So it is usable for germans..
    Don't need to, it seems to work fine when I do tests on my BlackBerry, check the picture out:

They do seem to be off a little bit, I may have a solution for that but for now they serve the purpose they're needed for
    steiale likes this.
    04-11-12 01:18 AM
    Works great looks good
    04-11-12 01:24 AM
    Thanks for this. I like this one as well as the semi-bold one
    04-11-12 07:56 AM
    Hmm, the "B's" in the subject line are different from the other B's, the ones in the subject line have a perfectly vertical side, the others don't. Did anyone else notice this?
    04-11-12 08:11 AM
    Question on saving it the file. When I go to save it I can't do this "Device Storage>appdata>rim>fonts." I have to do this, "Device>BlackBerry>system>appdata>fonts." I also didn't have to change the file extension. It looked like it was already ".font." Will this matter or am I doing this wrong?

I had to create the "fonts" folder as well as it wasn't there.
    Last edited by skynny70; 04-11-12 at 09:11 AM.
    04-11-12 09:08 AM
    Never mind. I figured out what I was doing wrong.
    04-11-12 09:36 AM
    Hmm, the "B's" in the subject line are different from the other B's, the ones in the subject line have a perfectly vertical side, the others don't. Did anyone else notice this?

yeah, because the subject line isn't italicized, it is the same font though. (i have mine set to Bold and Italics)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CrackBerry Forums App!
    04-11-12 01:04 PM
    Question on saving it the file. When I go to save it I can't do this "Device Storage>appdata>rim>fonts." I have to do this, "Device>BlackBerry>system>appdata>fonts." I also didn't have to change the file extension. It looked like it was already ".font." Will this matter or am I doing this wrong?

I had to create the "fonts" folder as well as it wasn't there.

yeah I stated in my original post that it is already in .font format, so it wont make a difference (pretty much plug and play). Yeah, if you never installed any font app or custom font you will need to create a "fonts" folder in appdata > rim

04-11-12 01:06 PM
    Great job man.
    Strider2112 likes this.
    04-11-12 01:09 PM
    My next goal is to make the "B"s in the font look more like the ones in the logo (the circles inside are actually just an inverse of the "BlackBerry Dot" on the BiS symbol
    04-11-12 04:58 PM
    How come I can't place the file in the font files? I unhid all and when I go to move it, it automatically hides all
    04-11-12 06:34 PM
    How come I can't place the file in the font files? I unhid all and when I go to move it, it automatically hides all
    Check out this topic for more information on how to actually add the fonts
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-apps-715393/
    04-12-12 01:51 AM
    Check out this topic for more information on how to actually add the fonts
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-apps-715393/
    I did, and when it says "Cut" the file my phone doesn't have that option. Just rename, copy, and move. But when I do move or any other ones it opens up a new window that hides all.
    04-12-12 02:19 PM
    I'd say do it from the computer instead

04-12-12 06:19 PM
    Had to add the font folder to mine, after that worked great. Thank so much for posting.
    04-13-12 12:45 PM
    Works great, looks great, thanks!!!!
    04-13-12 03:25 PM
    I'd say do it from the computer instead

I cant access the file explorer if im connected to a computer, as im a storage device. Therefore I cannot "Unhide all"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    04-13-12 03:53 PM
    I did, and when it says "Cut" the file my phone doesn't have that option. Just rename, copy, and move. But when I do move or any other ones it opens up a new window that hides all.
    It won't let you copy it either?
    04-13-12 05:28 PM
    It won't let you copy it either?
    I am able to copy it, but it opens a new window and everything is hidden
    04-13-12 08:01 PM
    i have installed the font, well, on my phone's file storage i needed to make a new "fonts" folder of the rim\appdata before putting those font files inside, BUT i also found another folder, system\fonts, therefore i also put those font files inside. but i did perform several battery pulls and the fonts appear.

my question is: is it ok for me to put those font files on the system\fonts sub-folder? coz at that time, i was confused where i could locate the rim\appdata..
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-13-12 09:27 PM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD