i REALLY want a blackberry tour...but don't know which is better...the curve or the tour?! does anyone have a suggestion or comment...it would be a big help to me so i'll know which one to go with...thanks
    10-30-09 05:52 PM
    by far the tour Ive had both the curve is out of date or beginning to be considered out of date

the curve has 96mb of flash memory wile the tour has 256mb of flash memory so you can fit way more apps and games

the resolution of the curve is 320x240 wile the resolution on the tour is 480x360. so the tour screen is much more clear and crisp theres a huge difference

the curves processor is only 312 mhz wile the tour has a 528 mhz processor it really is much quicker with much less lag

the curve has a 2.0 mp camera wile the tour has a 3.2 mp camera like i said ive had both and theirs a world of difference between cameras the pictures i take with my tour are really nice, when pictures with my curve were just so so

The curve is not a world phone wile the tour when unlocked(sprint tours come unlocked) are world phones

The list goes on and on the tour is everything the curve has just that much more i switched the the 9630 from the curve and i could never look back give the curve some steroids then you got the tour
    10-30-09 06:15 PM
    Tour for sure. Although my fiance loves her curve. She is a light user and I'm a bit of a heavier user and we get along we'll.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 06:24 PM
    I agree with the others. The Tour by far. I would wait for the Tour 2 though. So far it is said to be the same but it also includes WiFi and the new trackpad. It is up to you.
    10-30-09 06:30 PM
    Tour unless you hate the keyboard. The curve and tour have very different keyboards.

10-30-09 07:26 PM
    by far the tour Ive had both the curve is out of date or beginning to be considered out of date

the curve has 96mb of flash memory wile the tour has 256mb of flash memory so you can fit way more apps and games

the resolution of the curve is 320x240 wile the resolution on the tour is 480x360. so the tour screen is much more clear and crisp theres a huge difference

the curves processor is only 312 mhz wile the tour has a 528 mhz processor it really is much quicker with much less lag

the curve has a 2.0 mp camera wile the tour has a 3.2 mp camera like i said ive had both and theirs a world of difference between cameras the pictures i take with my tour are really nice, when pictures with my curve were just so so

The curve is not a world phone wile the tour when unlocked(sprint tours come unlocked) are world phones

The list goes on and on the tour is everything the curve has just that much more i switched the the 9630 from the curve and i could never look back give the curve some steroids then you got the tour
    Wow, you're talking the previous generation of Curve. The 8900 is a sweet unit.

Wi-Fi
    GPS
    3.2MP camera
    256MB internal RAM
    480x260 display
    Quad band, so a true world phone
    Slightly longer battery life than a Tour

The list goes on. It's essentially a Tour with slightly different radio specs.
    10-30-09 07:34 PM
    8900 straight up
    10-30-09 08:05 PM
    Tour unless you hate the keyboard. The curve and tour have very different keyboards.
    i prefer the tour keyboard by far after i got used to it i can type way faster on my tour without errors then i ever could on my old curve
    10-30-09 08:17 PM
    The Tour has a tad more keyboard real estate... To me that's a HUGE plus.

But, play with them and see what you think. The Curve is just too cramped for my taste.

10-30-09 08:18 PM
    After owning both the 8900 and now the Tour, I have to say the better phone is the Tour. I feel spec wise they are essentially the same. However, one is 3G and the other is WiFi. To me, this has made a major difference. I only had WiFi at my house, so this wasn't a huge perk for me. 3G I get almost everywhere I go accounting for a smoother ride on the Tour.

I think aesthetically speaking is when the major differences come in. The Tour has a better keyboard with slightly bigger buttons which account for a lot when typing. I also feel that the Tour is just a nicer and sturdier looking phone than the 8900. I loved my 8900. I just happen to love the Tour more.
    10-31-09 12:03 AM
    Tour! Hands down!
    10-31-09 12:05 AM
    Since the Tour is CDMA, there isn't an 8930/8950 available (whatever happened to the Jupiter???).

With that in mind, the Tour 9630 is going to be better than the 8330, hands down. Of cource, the Curve2 8530 is supposed to be coming out soon, so if you like the Curve-style keyboard (and can live without a camera flash) the new Curve would be the way to go.
    10-31-09 09:31 AM
    +1 for the Tour
    10-31-09 09:53 AM
    I agree with the others. The Tour by far. I would wait for the Tour 2 though. So far it is said to be the same but it also includes WiFi and the new trackpad. It is up to you.
    when is the tour 2 supposed to come out?!
    10-31-09 12:25 PM
    if you dont need 3G or your not in a 3G area then the 8900 is better. Battery life is more important to me, and honestly I don't do anything that really requires 3G speed. I do a lot of texting and emailing... sometimes i get on the net, my car has a GPS already, HP Mini has built in wifi and I can get on just about anywhere. 3G is like UMA you use it if you need it.
    10-31-09 01:08 PM
    Wow, you're talking the previous generation of Curve. The 8900 is a sweet unit.

Wi-Fi
    GPS
    3.2MP camera
    256MB internal RAM
    480x260 display
    Quad band, so a true world phone
    Slightly longer battery life than a Tour

The list goes on. It's essentially a Tour with slightly different radio specs.
    8900 straight up
    The OP's carrier is Verizon. He cannot use the 8900, since it is a GSM phone.
    10-31-09 02:21 PM
    ...the OP should have then asked specifically for a CDMA device. The question was "the Curve or the Tour", so it could mean any of the Curve series: 83xx, 8900 or 85xx. Although maybe the OP does noe know the difference, so it is good you pointed out the carrier in question is Verizon. Anyway, to boil it down a bit to the facts: CDMA? Tour definitely. GSM? 8900/Tour, whichever you love more (read: do you love 3G or WiFi).
    10-31-09 02:23 PM
    I prefer the Curve 8900 over the Tour, but if you're referring to the original Curve, then the only big reasons I see getting the curve over the tour is price and the keyboard layout (spacing).
    10-31-09 03:12 PM
    8900 most definitely. Especially the T-mobile version which supports UMA
    10-31-09 03:53 PM
    The Tour is Tops in My Book
    10-31-09 05:40 PM
    I say the tour!

11-01-09 07:50 AM
    I notice when I do heavy Surfing or Video Streaming my battery gets hot is this normal ?
    11-11-09 01:26 AM
    Love my curve!!
    11-11-09 01:28 AM
    Absolutly love my 8900. Practically a laptop in my pocket. Use opera mini instead of the native browser. Almost like 3G. Hahaha.

11-11-09 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD