We currently have Curves and are with Verizon. Should we switch to Sprint we will go with Tours. Opinions on curves vs tours?
    08-25-09 05:54 AM
    Are you sure that Sprint service in your area is acceptable? If it isn't, a Tour isn't going to be any better, if not worse than your Curves on Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 06:16 AM
    Both networks are available in my area.
    08-25-09 06:28 AM
    You really won't go wrong with either device. The Tour has a much better display, more internal memory and better keyboard. The Curve is still a fantastic device though. If the Tours are going to cost you much more than the Curves, I'd say stick with the Curve.
    08-25-09 09:10 AM
    The other side is the Tour is a new generation BlackBerry so it will do more things with less effort. You will no longer need to worry about file free memory problems. When you put a movie on your media card, it will usually play without needing to be run through roxio or 3rd party application. The speed alone should be worth the upgrade. I used an 8320 curve for quite a while and really liked it, but my 8900 is simply a better device and was worth the extra cost.

08-25-09 10:30 AM
    Here's the breakdown:

Tour is better in every department

Curve is cheaper

it's as simple as that
    08-25-09 10:42 AM
    Don't forget that Verizon is coming out with the Storm 2 soon. But as tscharf stated Tour is better and the Curve is cheaper but since you have Curves the price of them doesn't matter. I would go ahead and upgrade if you don't want to wait for the Storm.
    08-25-09 10:51 AM
    Here's my question, why not upgrade to the Tour with Verizon?? You already know that their network will work for you, so why not get the Tour thru them... No need to change carriers if you don't have a problem with the current one.
    08-25-09 01:20 PM
    Issue is that we are a construction co with about 40 lines. We can save about $7k a yr with Sprint but it all comes down to the coverage. Sprint is giving us new phones. We currently have Curves but they are giving us Tours.
    08-27-09 06:35 AM
    Issue is that we are a construction co with about 40 lines. We can save about $7k a yr with Sprint but it all comes down to the coverage. Sprint is giving us new phones. We currently have Curves but they are giving us Tours.
    Does Sprint offer a 30 day trial period? How large is your territory where you're doing the projects, is it nationwide or regional? I personally wasn't a fan of the Sprint network, of course it was 7-8 years ago when I had it, and I didn't have a BB, but I used to drop calls like crazy, when I would recieve them, it was a nightmare... and their customer service, indescribable how poor it is. BUT, there are quite a few people on here with Sprint that have never had a problem with service, so maybe they fixed their network issues, but I still hear complaints about their customer service.

See if they'll let you try out a couple phones for a month, that way you can see if you'll have coverage everywhere you go.
    08-27-09 07:21 AM
    Why not tell Verizon that your company is trying to be cost conscious. Perhaps if you told them you were considering switching to Sprint they would discount the phones even more and craft a special plan for you (perhaps a shared minutes pool for your company).
    08-27-09 07:30 AM
    Why not tell Verizon that your company is trying to be cost conscious. Perhaps if you told them you were considering switching to Sprint they would discount the phones even more and craft a special plan for you (perhaps a shared minutes pool for your company).
    I'd try that. ^ Its worth a shot...
    08-27-09 07:35 AM
    verizon has a the bogo going on right now. by one BB get one! how long have you had your curve? do you know if you are a vip member through them?
    08-27-09 07:58 AM
    To Harri.Sangar:
    The Tour is a great device as is the Curve! The Tour has more internal memory so you don't have to always be worried about closing all your apps out like you do with the Curve. The Tour also has a fast processor compaired to the Curve. Honestly you have to make the choice...are those things important to you!?

Will this be your first BB or do you have some experience with them?
    08-27-09 08:18 AM
    To Harri.Sangar:
    The Tour is a great device as is the Curve! The Tour has more internal memory so you don't have to always be worried about closing all your apps out like you do with the Curve. The Tour also has a fast processor compaired to the Curve. Honestly you have to make the choice...are those things important to you!?

Will this be your first BB or do you have some experience with them?
    yeah, it is suitable to u. this matters a lot.
    if u think u need it , just go and get it.
    08-27-09 09:39 AM
    I have read alot on each phone and was just wondering what you all thought between the two, Sprint model. Currently on the Moto Q9C and looking to make the jump to BB.

Both phones have alot of the same stuff. Basically trying to figure out if the tour is worth the extra 150 bucks. Since the curve is at 49 bucks and the tour is 200 after everything is said and done.

Any input would be greatful XD. Basic uses I would be using the phone for are, Texting, web browsing, random photos when out with the ms's and etc.
    Another factor to consider is that you will (most likely) be using this phone for 2 years. As new decives come out more development will be done on apps and themes for those devices, particularly if they can't be written to support all devices (4.6 vs 4.5 or 5.0 vs 4.X). If one of the reasons you'd like to switch to the blackberry platform is the applications, this is an important consideration.

08-27-09 09:46 AM
    I was thinking Curve until they dropped the price of the tour another $50. So with my NE2, I will net a tour for $99. That seems doable for me knowing I will use it at least for 2 years....
    08-27-09 10:07 AM
    Bottom line is if you say it will save you 7k$ a year do it.
    Make sure that the service is about the same and as much as I would like to say stay with VZW if it works for you with sprint do it. Tour is a better phone period. newer technology, more memory and all that jazz.
    08-27-09 10:10 AM
    Here's the breakdown:

Tour is better in every department

Curve is cheaper

it's as simple as that
    Tour wins: more memory, better display, better keyboard
    Tour loses: bluetooth for wireless headsets is VERY poor, trackball not nearly as smooth

I just switched back b/c I can't stand not being able to use my phone in my car and the bluetooth on the Tour makes this impossible. I am sure the fix for this is coming out soon, but until then keep the Curve.
    08-27-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD