I am currently on day 2/30 of my upgrade eligibility with AT&T. In my haste and anger to get the correct info out of AT&T, I completed a transfer of service not realizing that the Bold might not come out before Thanksgiving.

1. I have two options, get a Curve/Iphone and return either of the two before the 30days is up, get the Bold for contract pricing(If its released within this timeframe).

2. Get a Curve/Iphone, after the 30 day limit, resell either of the two via ebay and use that extra $$$ to buy a Bold.(If its released after the 30day window.)

My real question is, which will fetch me the most $$$ on the market today? This may be a moot point because I am sure I can get a curve for $100-150 cheaper than the Iphone. Not sure how the Iphone pricing/plans are set either. The things I go through waiting for the Bold.
    10-15-08 01:17 PM
    Curve $1,000,000
    iToy -$0.01

I just bought a used but in good condition 8310 on ebay for $160
    10-15-08 01:30 PM
    Pete's numbers are a bit off, but I think you get the point. This IS crackberry, not iCrack.
    10-15-08 01:44 PM
    Howdy sdiddy,

The big question is, what will those phones cost at the time that the Bold that you want comes out? Will they be worth much used, compared to brand new? Well the cell carriers have even deeper discounts on the Curve and Iphone, making your used offering not worth the bother?

People hot to buy an Iphone will go for the Iphone because they really don't have much of a choice as to which iphone they will get, other than memory and having to have At&t, unless it's unlocked and even then if you are using a non GSM carrier, the iphone is not even an option.

People hot for the Curve, have a choice can pick pretty much any carrier (at least for the models they carry), and may wait for the newer models first before buying.

So that 200 resale value could shrink to $50 once the new stuff comes out. And if the Bold that you want does not come out during your time table, you may lose even more resale value.

If it were me, I'd just wait until the phone I was interested in was out, then make the choice of what to pickup. That way I would have the return period to play with the phone and up or downgrade from there.
    10-15-08 02:02 PM
    The Curve will have a better sale value and a larger market. Folks who want the iPhone will get it, and it's only $199 from ATT. If you get a Curve just keep it as new as possible and you can probably sell it close to retail price.
    10-15-08 02:18 PM
    I think your best bet is to look on craigslist and ebay to see what the current going rate is for these phones. Also, know that the Bold will reduce demand for the Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 02:37 PM
    Howdy sdiddy,

If it were me, I'd just wait until the phone I was interested in was out, then make the choice of what to pickup. That way I would have the return period to play with the phone and up or downgrade from there.

I would like to do that, would definitely wait for the Bold. I believe that once you're eligible, you have 30days to upgrade to something. The 30 days doesn't start once you upgrade, I believe this is correct. Im with AT&T btw. I may just call customer service and tell them, I want the Bold for contract price, whenever it comes out, put a special note on my account or something, lol, whatever it takes.
    10-15-08 02:50 PM
    Once you become eligible you can upgrade anytime, then you have 30 to return or exchange the phone. Same with all providers.
    10-15-08 02:53 PM
    Oh wow, well damn, we can close this thread. Ill wait until the earth is no longer round, or maybe December-ish. I would get a curve to play around with for a few days, but who knows how much longer this thing will be delayed.
    10-15-08 03:21 PM
    Value on used iPhones holds up pretty well.

I sold three 1st generation iPhones on eBay for just under $400, all locked.

3G used iPhones are going for over $400.

Not sure about BB yet, I've never checked.
    10-15-08 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD