That's what it appears to me. Entry level touch device, looks almost like the Monaco (we all know it's a Storm3, lol) but has some features missing.
    01-28-11 07:08 AM
    yeah its a smaller less powerful version to compete on a different level than the other touch device
    01-28-11 07:13 AM
    Is that to say Storm3 is "high end"? lol
    01-28-11 07:16 AM
    Looks like it 768MB Ram woo-hoo!!!!!
    01-28-11 08:11 AM
    Monaco with the specs it have would be mainstream high end, albeit not cutting edge high end.
    01-29-11 06:29 AM
    Monaco with the specs it have would be mainstream high end, albeit not cutting edge high end.
    Agreed... especially if the Monaco were to be released in Spring, it would be able to compete with other high-end smartphones, at least imo. (i'm definitely going to get one over the Iphone4 and any Android device)
    01-29-11 07:27 PM
    It is just a separator just like how they have different keypad devices.
    01-29-11 07:31 PM
    Yes this phone will be used to try to capture the lower end, touchscreen smartphone market. If you look at the specs it has the exact same processor that the Monaco has, just clocked at 800 MHz as opposed to 1.2 GHz. Screen is lower res, less RAM and storage space.

These phones all look great, the 3 big questions that I have are:

1. Is it too little too late spec wise for the US market with may companies already trying to make Android and IOS work in the enterprise?

2. Is the 6.1 OS enough to power these devices to provide some competition to Android and Apple in the Web and Media categories?

3. Will BIS be upgraded prior to release to fix things like HTML e-mail, pathetic file limits, and speed in general of the Web proxied through the BIS to provide BIS only users capabilities inline with those of the competition?
    howarmat likes this.
    01-30-11 08:58 AM
    if you ask me, this is probably going to have a couple of lags and some response issues? after all, it's "low end"
    03-14-11 09:23 AM
    if you ask me, this is probably going to have a couple of lags and some response issues? after all, it's "low end"
    800mhz is most likely more than enough for 6.1. A streamlined version of 6 (as in, no garbage, unnecessary cods and useless apps) runs with no clock-freezes (unless you're installing an app or opening one huge file) on the current 624mhz processors.

Even a 8520 (512mhz) on a streamlined 5 (well, streamlined hybrid) can perform that good.

So cut the "low end" c%$p...
    Kebero likes this.
    03-18-11 11:13 PM
    800mhz is most likely more than enough for 6.1. A streamlined version of 6 (as in, no garbage, unnecessary cods and useless apps) runs with no clock-freezes (unless you're installing an app or opening one huge file) on the current 624mhz processors.

Even a 8520 (512mhz) on a streamlined 5 (well, streamlined hybrid) can perform that good.

So cut the "low end" c%$p...
    good point, as a blackberry newbie though, arent curve lines suppose to be at the bottom of the blackberry unit hierarchy? the way i see it, RIM would put the good processors on the more expensive models and put the previous processors on the lower models, or at least from a common perspective, i think it works that way. I am more likely wrong about this lol
    03-21-11 07:29 AM
    Well wrong you are, of sorts.

The Curve line is indeed at the bottom of the hierarchy as it is RIM's entry level device. Entry level as in, "New to BlackBerry? Get a Curve! Feel th beat! Oh, ready to move on? Try the other devices!" From the 85xx line on, the curve models were made even more entry level, so RIM could get even more people to jump in, so they cut down on costs and the device became cheaper (as in less expensive), lacking led flash, but performing pretty much as all other devices.

Now, the Curve Touch has the same processor as the S3 but underclocked. My take on it is that the battery will not be as powerful on the Curve Touch (which is another diferential between high end and entry level devices).

So, no harm done, it is just I don't like blackberry-prejucide.
    03-21-11 12:19 PM
    Well wrong you are, of sorts.

The Curve line is indeed at the bottom of the hierarchy as it is RIM's entry level device. Entry level as in, "New to BlackBerry? Get a Curve! Feel th beat! Oh, ready to move on? Try the other devices!" From the 85xx line on, the curve models were made even more entry level, so RIM could get even more people to jump in, so they cut down on costs and the device became cheaper (as in less expensive), lacking led flash, but performing pretty much as all other devices.

Now, the Curve Touch has the same processor as the S3 but underclocked. My take on it is that the battery will not be as powerful on the Curve Touch (which is another diferential between high end and entry level devices).

So, no harm done, it is just I don't like blackberry-prejucide.
    its cool, i get your drift man.
    im a blackberry fan myself! i started with the curve 8520, and after 3 weeks went for the bold. i have no regrets of switching to bb form sony Ericsson...yeah i was mostly on SE phones since i started using SE since 4th grade, and didnt really bother much on scouting for other brands.
    03-23-11 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD