Went to AT&T yesterday. Got 3 Curves. $100 each with a $100 rebate on each, Yeah! 3 free Curves. No GPS, but I don't care about GPS. I can't follow directions since I don't know my left from my right or the north/south thing.

Love, love, love the Curve and the trackball. Very happy with our group decision and we will end up paying less per month then with our previous carrier. Old carrier doesn't split minutes and the BB data. AT&T does, so we are able to get family plan with data, plus unlimited text/photo and early nights for about $30.00 less per person/per month. Over the course of months, we will have saved enough to pay for the buy-outs of our old contracts. I was paying $20 a month for my son's pay-as-you-go, now he can be on our family plan for $10.

Plus the Curve is so very sweet!
    Now I need to name it. . . . .

PS - and for those who remember that my husband doesn't really like his BB, he likes the Curve much better. The trackball is easier for him to use and we didn't set up the email. We will see if he likes it better.
    Last edited by MiniBB; 09-02-07 at 12:00 AM.
    09-01-07 11:57 PM
    Mini -- curious -- what does your new AT&T plan charge for unlimited data per new Curve? Also what were you using before -- and how is the Curve different?

I am thinking of going ot AT&T but waiting for the 8820 or Curve with wifi
    09-02-07 02:07 AM
    Now, just get the people with the other two curves to come register for CrackBerry.com
    09-02-07 09:12 AM
    Nicely done! If anyone of the three don't want their Curve, send it to me - LOL
    09-02-07 09:26 AM
    We were using 8703e's. Very nice devices, but Alltel was killing us on the prices. With AT&T we each pay $29 for unlimited data and $30 for the group to have unlimited texts w/ photo's included.

Does anyone know if the calendar is dependent on data plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-07 12:11 PM
    Great to hear that you're happy...
    09-02-07 12:33 PM
    Hey Mini,

First congratulations on the Curve! I know that Verizon is so expensive compared to other carriers but in my area with Verizon I've never had a dropped call and customer service has been better than AT&T. That said, how do you like the Curve from the 8703e? Is the keypad the same or better?

Gia
    09-02-07 12:41 PM
    Yes. I am curios about the Curve keypag as it compares to the 8703e.

09-02-07 02:03 PM
    Yeah I'm with you Fredbarry. I love the keypad on mine but seeing Mini had the same device we have, it will be interesting to see if she loves her new device moreso.

Gia
    09-02-07 02:07 PM
    I love the Curve!

The keypad is quite easy to adjust to. After 24 hours, I am typing just as easily and quickly on the Curve as I did on the 8703.

The keypad is different, buttons are a bit closer together but more rounded. Because the device is thinner and a bit smaller, I can use one hand to type. Couldn't do that with the 8703.

I thought going from the wheel to the trackball would be the main issue, however the trackball is so easy. Under options you can adjust the sensitivity of the ball based on your preferences. It's nice to be able to use either hand.
    My husband much prefers the trackball. I think it is more intutive.

When I was changing over the information from my old BB to the Curve (which is incredibly easy, thanks to desktop manager) I was actually having problems working the 8703! The trackball will spoil you.

All in all, the Curve is a winner.
    09-02-07 03:01 PM
    Thanks Mini for your input. It's good to know. I've had the 8703e for 7 months and am leaning now towards the Curve but I may hold out just to see if the rumors about the 9 series is coming out and if it's all that it's supposedly cracked up to be. I'm like a kid left in a candy store but because I'm not a kid, I know that patience is a virtue and I must weight all my options. I am trying to act with my head rather than on impulse well the fiancee has tried to instill that into me. He can always try but he may not always be successful. lol

Gia
    09-02-07 03:20 PM
    So now my question is how does the 8800 or the soon to be releeased 8820 (assuming it is the same as the 8800) keypad compare to the Curve and the 8703e? I am not sure I liked the 8800 keypad, but I only tested for a few moments.
    09-02-07 05:34 PM
    Gia -- it seems as though we will always be tantalized by the newest and greatest -- so that is why I guess we are considered crackberry addicts! I am new to crackberry but I love reading these posts -- they are extremely helpful. Thanks to all!
    09-02-07 05:37 PM
    The Curve keys are like the 8700 series. The 8800 keys are MUCH closer...
    09-02-07 06:28 PM
    On the 8800, the keys have no space between them. they are stacked right next to each other. Each key has a slight slant to help you feel the difference. I didn't mind the keyboard on the 8800 when I tested it at the store. However the device itself seems larger then the Curve and even longer (but thinner) then the 8703.

Much of our decision to change was based on price per month. According to our calculations, we will be saving $70.00 per month for the group of 3. Plus, we were not thrilled with the reception/call quality on Alltel. with my husband traveling to the Navajo Reservation, we are limited by which carrier has coverage up there. Alltel and AT&T are the only national carriers. Considered Verizon - love the quick internet - but they have no coverage on the Res.

Take a look at the coverage maps of most carriers. Arizona is one of those states with lots of "no service" areas.
    09-02-07 11:32 PM
    Thanks for your thoughts - very helpful.

09-03-07 06:15 PM
    I am a newbie to crackberry.com and cannot get enough. I had different treos for years and just a few months ago decided to change to a BB and I bought the Curve .... I LOVE IT! The only thing i would change is to have some app to group all of my texts into one chat box like treo/windows OS. BUT, since all of my friends/work colleagues have gone to BB, the IM is the new way to go and that keeps your chats in a nice little box/window. Never have to actually talk to anyone again!!! lol. Anyway, treo user converted to BB and will never go back. THe email is far superior on BB and, because of my profession, I am tied to my emails every day and all weekend and i have not had one problem there since changing over to BB. Most times my BB gets an email before my desktop! lol ... Congrats on the new purchase.
    03-26-08 09:45 AM
    Well this is my first post from my BB. I had the iphone before this BB and I must I would rather have my BB than any other phone out there.

03-26-08 07:36 PM
    I want one but I'm still on the fence with my iphone. =(
    03-26-08 07:46 PM
    I had an iPhone right before my Curve.. & if you're using it for business, it's just not practical. Emailing/texting are just easier on a Curve. The iPhone's fun.. but my Curve gets the job done.
    03-26-08 08:00 PM
    3 BB in one family....u must not speak often unless u text each other =]
    03-26-08 09:36 PM
    I bought a curve a few days ago. I had the pearl for only a month before realizing that I wanted BOTH, lol. I love both of them... You made a great choice!
    03-26-08 09:49 PM
    I had an iPhone right before my Curve.. & if you're using it for business, it's just not practical. Emailing/texting are just easier on a Curve. The iPhone's fun.. but my Curve gets the job done.
    Yea i mostly text on it and once and awhile ill use the ipod feature. If i do get a curve i will only get media net and not a bb plan.
    03-26-08 09:54 PM
    well i just ordered a curve off att premier site and hopefully it goes through.
    03-26-08 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD