So it's finally time for me to upgrade from my beat up moto L7, and I go to the phone store and notice all of at&t's phones are junk, so my parents said they'll spring for a blackberry. I'm deciding between the Curve or the Pearl 8120. Here's the dilema:
    I use about 9,000-12,000 texts a month.
    I'm terribly sick of the crap-excuse for T9 that my motorola has, and I'm craving a full keyboard.
    I don't check emails or what-not on my phone.
    I've never had a data plan and my parents aren't gonna let me get one.

So I can't decide between these two phones. I like the Curve for it's full keyboard, but I don't like how wide it is or that the at&t version doesn't have WiFi. I like the Pearl cause it's more compact and it has WiFi, but I'm not very fond of the SureType. It's much better than what I have, and not that hard to get used to, but I hate scrolling down to change words or make a new word.
    I think the WiFi is more of a luxury, I don't really need it besides when I'm really bored, so it all really comes down to keyboard vs. size.

Which one do you think outweighs the other.

And whatever phone I get, I'm gonna have for 2 years so please help me out I'm nervous haha.
    08-12-08 12:08 AM
    So it's finally time for me to upgrade from my beat up moto L7, and I go to the phone store and notice all of at&t's phones are junk, so my parents said they'll spring for a blackberry. I'm deciding between the Curve or the Pearl 8120. Here's the dilema:
    I use about 9,000-12,000 texts a month.
    I'm terribly sick of the crap-excuse for T9 that my motorola has, and I'm craving a full keyboard.
    I don't check emails or what-not on my phone.
    I've never had a data plan and my parents aren't gonna let me get one.

So I can't decide between these two phones. I like the Curve for it's full keyboard, but I don't like how wide it is or that the at&t version doesn't have WiFi. I like the Pearl cause it's more compact and it has WiFi, but I'm not very fond of the SureType. It's much better than what I have, and not that hard to get used to, but I hate scrolling down to change words or make a new word.
    I think the WiFi is more of a luxury, I don't really need it besides when I'm really bored, so it all really comes down to keyboard vs. size.

Which one do you think outweighs the other.

And whatever phone I get, I'm gonna have for 2 years so please help me out I'm nervous haha.
    08-12-08 12:09 AM
    Defnitely a Curve... The QWERTY alone is a good enough reason. The Pearl is still a nice device and the suretype is rly accurate and fast, but the qwerty is great. The larger screen is also a plus

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 12:17 AM
    personally, i hated the suretype, and absolutely loved the qwerty, i did try the pearl out for a week, but the curve i had a lot better time with. just my opinion.
    08-12-08 12:19 AM
    Well I can't speak for the Pearl but the Curve's full keyboard is so easy to get used too. I have big fingers so I am still getting used to my style and how I can type fast without making mistakes but it's still a great keyboard.
    08-12-08 12:20 AM
    Did I not just answer this same question somewhere else?! Please do not cross post... It is against forum policy and creates clutter. I guarantee your thread will get attention in just one section of the forum! Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 12:24 AM
    Threads merged. Please post only one thread per topic. No need to duplicate.
    08-12-08 12:25 AM
    sorry i think i clicked back or something and posted it twice.. it's my first thread heh
    08-12-08 12:25 AM
    You could wait a little longer and get the 8320 through AT&T and have QWERTY and wifi.

Either way though, the Curve is the way to go in my opinion.
    08-12-08 12:26 AM
    When does the 8320 come out? my phone is so dead I really need a new one.
    08-12-08 12:27 AM
    The Curve is just as thick and tall as the Pearl. The full keyboard is worth the extra 10cm of width. Trust me - somebody that uses both a SureType and full keyboard everyday.
    08-12-08 12:28 AM
    I had the pearl I sold it in a month and a half when the curve came out on the verizon network.
    08-12-08 12:59 AM
    Before getting my 8310 Curve I tried out a friends PEARL for a few days and MUCH prefer the keyboard on the CURVE over the one on the PEARL.
    08-12-08 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD