I have a Curve with Verizon service and use Oulook 2007, and just in the last few months, even when I have outlook open on my computer, I still get the e-mails on my Curve, which I don't want. Before whenever I was in office, I didn't need them going to curve since I was in front of my computer. I don't have a big network at the office...only one laptop. Any advice please
    09-25-08 08:45 AM
    as far as i know...it doesnt matter if you have your email open on another computer or not...if there is new email in the inbox, then it will be pushed to your BB.

Im sure i will be corrected if I am wrong...
    09-25-08 02:23 PM
    what is so strange is that it just started doing this 1-2 months ago. Before with the curve and my pearl it went to one or the other
    09-25-08 02:33 PM
    I am using Outlook also. I get messages on both my BB and my desktop.
    09-25-08 02:34 PM
    Receiving on both here as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 02:46 PM
    Even more strange, when both Outlook and the BB are up and running, I only get 50% of the messages on the BB, but if the Outlook is off, I get 100% on the BB??
    09-26-08 08:31 AM
    If Outlook is not set to leave the message on your POP server, it might be getting the message before BIS can grab a copy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 09:55 AM
    It is unchecked now, but i will try to check it and see if that changes things
    09-26-08 10:01 AM
    After unchecking still the same problem. Still getting them on my BB even with Outlook open. What is even crazier is that the BB grabs it even before Outlook. Still trying to figure out what happened/changed in the last two months. Before if Outlook was open, the BB would never get it which is the way i like it......HELP
    09-26-08 11:08 AM
    After unchecking still the same problem. Still getting them on my BB even with Outlook open. What is even crazier is that the BB grabs it even before Outlook. Still trying to figure out what happened/changed in the last two months. Before if Outlook was open, the BB would never get it which is the way i like it......HELP
    Your BB is grabbing the email from your pop provider before Outlook has a chance - you can set outlook to grab more frequently and this should allow Outlook to grab off the pop server before your bb does - - in Outlook go into Tools>options>mail setup>send/recieve tab - check send recive automatically and set the time to every one minute - - that way Outlook has a chance to grab email first.
    09-26-08 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD