Hey guys.. this is a strange problem, and I'm hoping someone can help me out! I got my curve in may, so I experienced my first daylight savings time this past october. The time on my bb did not change, so I changed it myself. Ever since then, no matter what I do to toggle my clock options, my curve will mysteriously set itself an hour back about once or twice a week. If I keep it on network time, it still happens, even though my curve time will be an hour behind network time (as I'm showing here). And it still happens even if I put the source to Blackberry or to Off. It happens in the morning, at night.. it's so random, and I can't figure out why. (PS - I'm not changing time zones or anything either) Here are my clock settings:

Eastern Time (-5)
    (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
    Time: 1:33 PM
    Time Format: 12 Hour
    Date: Mon, Dec 8, 2008
    Date/Time Source: Network
    ------------------------------
    Network Time: 2:33 PM
    Network Date: Mon Dec 8, 2008

Thank you so much in advance!
    12-08-08 01:37 PM
    It sounds like you have the Desktop Manager option to synch device time with PC time enabled, AND, either the PC or the device is set to the wrong time zone. Central Time (US & Canada) and Central America Time are commonly confused. Both are GMT-6, but Central America doesn't observe DST.

You don't need to sync the device time to your PC. Set the device time source to Network and ensure the Time Zone is set correctly. Then disable synching the device time to your Computer time. That will solve your problem.
    12-08-08 03:57 PM
    You don't need to sync the device time to your PC. Set the device time source to Network and ensure the Time Zone is set correctly. Then disable synching the device time to your Computer time. That will solve your problem.
    PC Sync is a possible cause if the PC clock and/or TZ are wrong. We have seen this before on the forums.

It is also possible that Network time is wrong, particularly if the local area is controlled from outside the time zone. I used to see this regularly in Newfoundland (-0330) because the entire net was controlled from mainland and synced to Atlantic Canada (-0400).
    12-09-08 11:38 AM
    ...It is also possible that Network time is wrong, particularly if the local area is controlled from outside the time zone. I used to see this regularly in Newfoundland (-0330) because the entire net was controlled from mainland and synced to Atlantic Canada (-0400).
    That's a good data point. I hadn't considered that possibility. Another unusual problem that I saw twice in the fall was an incorrect DST definition. Australia just created a new time zone, and RIM's time zones are incorrect. The work-around was for Melbourne users to use Hobart time.
    12-09-08 11:47 AM
    Well, the problem has not happened again since I told my device not to sync with my computer (although my computer time is correct, but who knows) I will let you know the problem happens again, thank you both so much!
    12-09-08 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD