I need some advice...

I've just upgraded my old phone contract. I was given the choice between the Curve 8820 or the Pearl 8120, both free on the same contract. My initial instinct was to go with the Curve as it's bigger and has the full keyboard, but they didn't have any in stock for next day delivery, so the rep suggested I go for the Pearl and if I don't like it I can send it back within 7 working days and get the Curve.

The Pearl's a good phone, I do like it, but I kind of miss the full keyboard and, I don't know, from the photos of the Curve I've seen it looks like a more substantial device. But I'm lazy and I'm not really sure if I can be arsed to arrange for the swap. From what I can tell from reading reviews the only real difference between the two phones is the size and the full keyboard. Are there any others differences I should know about? Does anyone have both, and prefer one over the other? Does a full keyboard make that much difference?
    10-15-08 03:29 PM
    did he offer you an 8820 or 8320 big difference?
    10-15-08 03:34 PM
    Ooops, yeah I mean the Curve 8320...
    10-15-08 04:45 PM
    I can't remember, but does the 8320 have video recording capability? My Pearl does. Also, I am a big fan of the SureType as I can crank out an email or text much faster than on a QWERTY keyboard. Also, if you carry your phone around in the front jeans pocket, the Pearl is the way to go considering the smaller form factor. Just some things to think about.
    As you can see, I'm biased toward the Pearl. After a week, I don't think you will want to change.
    10-15-08 05:31 PM
    OS 4.5 adds video recording to the curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD