how do the two phones compare against eachother? also does it have wifi?
    07-25-09 02:52 PM
    Curve 8520
    low res screen
    Quad-Band GSM (EDGE)
    WiFI
    OS 4.6
    2.0MP Camera Without Flash and Auto-Focus
    Touchpad

Tour 9630
    high res screen (similar to Curve 8900)
    CDMA/EVDO Rev A. (3G)
    Quad-Band GSM (EDGE)
    OS 4.7.1
    3.2MP Camera with Flash and Auto-Focus

- With the Tour you will have to get the GSM SIM unlocked. And, it has NO WiFI.

Hope this helps.
    07-26-09 07:34 AM
    Civic pretty much made it simple, im probably going to wait till the 9020 onyx its suppose to be a really nice phone,3g,wifi,high res screen
    07-26-09 11:02 AM
    I would just like to add that the Tour IS capable of UMTS on a 2100mhz band only, which is not used in the USA, but in other countries around the world
    07-26-09 09:02 PM
    I love the tour. Can't comment until the neew one drops and get to test it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:42 AM
    who wants the crappy camera and low res screen? wifi is totally not worth giving those up at all!
    07-30-09 02:02 PM
    for me, the screen is a major selling point. The most important part of a phone (aesthetically) for me.
    07-30-09 02:09 PM
    AFAIK 8520 is a low end bb..? I prefer Tour but it has no wifi
    07-30-09 02:19 PM
    The TMobile 8520 also has UMA calling which is a very good feature, enables you to make calls over Wifi networks anywhere in the world. I use my BB as a landline replacement but unfortunately my house is located in an area which is very difficult for signal coverage with most providers. Verizon drops calls right and left. Mobi PCS (A local Hawaii Company) has no signal at all in my house. Sprint works but the signal is weak. ATT works but their unlimited plan is just too expensive. With UMA, I always have a strong signal in my house and make calls on my wifi network. Can't do that with a Tour. I am also told that when overseas, as long as you are calling a US number or receiving calls, you can do that without roaming charges over UMA. Haven't tried that yet myself. If you're calling an overseas number though on UMA, there will be long distance charges, however, I think that roaming charges are still avoided.
    08-04-09 03:46 PM
    who wants the crappy camera and low res screen? wifi is totally not worth giving those up at all!
    Well...since you can get it for FREE, it's very intriguing to someone looking for an introductory BlackBerry.

The TMobile 8520 also has UMA calling which is a very good feature, enables you to make calls over Wifi networks anywhere in the world...
    YES- this is a GREAT GREAT feature! Do you know if it will auto-select WiFi over EDGE to make calls (or use data) if it can?
    08-07-09 05:45 AM
    They aren't really comparable. The Tour is in a whole other league than the 8520.

08-07-09 05:49 AM
    I think the tour is def a better device all around then the 8520

08-07-09 06:52 AM
    YES- this is a GREAT GREAT feature! Do you know if it will auto-select WiFi over EDGE to make calls (or use data) if it can?
    You can set up preferences for it. For instance, I have mine set so that it prefers WiFi connections over EDGE. You can also set it to prefer EDGE (not sure why this would be needed...), EDGE only, or WiFi only.

Now when I come into my apartment, for example, it automatically connects to my WiFi network and uses that instead of EDGE.
    08-08-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD