I just bought a curve 8310 and dont have a data plan, except text message, which is all I need right now,I do get charged for any media downloads..
    My question is the gps on this unit, do I get charged for just checking coordinates. or is that part free, I have att - cingular, but am not using the tel nav, I was thinking about getting the google maps but that is down the road, with the google maps will I be charged when the gps is activated, is that something built in the phone and not phone service related?
    01-31-08 10:12 AM
    yes u will be charge because u see the two arrows in the top right hand corner going crazy, thats data going in and out.so if u dont have a data plan ur getting charge 0.01 per kilobyte. so basically 1 mb is worth $10.00. just so u what im talking about
    02-02-08 12:38 AM
    yes u will be charge.. do u see the arrows in the top right hand corner going crazy thats data going in & out. so if u dont have a data plan ur getting charge 0.01 per kilobyte..
    02-02-08 02:11 AM
    if iam not paying the extra money for tel nav but i have unlimited data when i go on an internet map site will it be able to tell where i am?
    02-04-08 08:29 PM
    If you download Google Maps and refresh your GPS before you run it the first time, it will be able to track you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-08 11:17 PM
    ok i got google maps and it seems to be able to track me. and iam guessing iam not being charged extra for nav. but how can i control if the gps is turned on or off? is that somthing i can control? or is it always technichlly on or what? thanks again for all your help
    02-06-08 07:08 PM
    I noticed my Google Maps isn't using the Curves built in GPS, and I stumbled across the refresh before using thing, after I had used google maps a couple of times. Do I have to re-install to get it to use my Curves GPS?
    02-08-08 10:57 AM
    I noticed my Google Maps isn't using the Curves built in GPS, and I stumbled across the refresh before using thing, after I had used google maps a couple of times. Do I have to re-install to get it to use my Curves GPS?
    No, but you need to refresh GPS under options and then start Google Maps. Because of the stupid "My Location BETA" in Google Maps, Google made some changes to the program which cannot trigger a refresh/start of the GPS chipset in the phone. Once you hit refresh under options and then Start Google Maps, you'll see that it will use it. As long as GPS doesn't time out due to not being used for a while you'll be fine.
    02-08-08 04:30 PM
    Hmmm I tried doing the refresh thing, and it gets the updated co-ordinates but still doesn't show up in Google.
    02-10-08 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD