I am thinking of switch from curve to one of the two mentioned above with verizon and would appreciate any feedback/experience with either the two phones; good and bad.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 02:51 PM
    Honestly, The Curve 2 is a good choice, the Tour is a good device also but it is plagued with problems. if your into more of an entertaining device go with the curve.

03-26-10 02:54 PM
    I am in the same boat as you but I really want a trackpad.........
    I am at the one year upgrade and big red sent me a 50.00 off coupon, so I am going to wait to see if the new tour will be too big of a device for my liking.
    03-26-10 02:58 PM
    I have the curve 8520. If youu like media, fast processor, the basics but with style, the curve is great. The trackball is amazing and the curve is the PERFECT size for me. Not monstrous, but not like the pearl either. Its a great device for the consumer!

03-26-10 03:18 PM
    I have the curve 8520. If youu like media, fast processor, the basics but with style, the curve is great. The trackball is amazing and the curve is the PERFECT size for me. Not monstrous, but not like the pearl either. Its a great device for the consumer!

Is this the same as the curve 2? The 8520?

03-26-10 04:13 PM
    I recently updated from an 8330 to a Curve 2(8530) and I am more than happy with it. The trackpad is great, its nice not to have to clean the sticking trackball all the time
    03-26-10 04:16 PM
    The Curve 2 is a great BlackBerry and has a trackpad and wifi. However, the Tour is quicker, has a much better camera, better screen, and most people prefer its keyboatd over the Curve 2. I think you would be happy with either device. Just figure out what you want out of your phone and go from there. The Tour 2/Bold? is supposed to be hitting Verizon in the near future too.

03-26-10 04:25 PM
    I have a Tour that Work issued me, and I just purchased my personal Curve 2, I do find myself reaching for my curve more than the Tour,
    Tour is heavier
    Tour does not have WiFi
    Tour does not have the friendlier media buttons (At 47 I still like my music )
    But the Tour has a better screen
    Keyboard does just nudge the 8530 slightly
    and it seems faster.

Bottom line is hold them both and try both and then make your decision neither is a bad choice.

Jim
    03-26-10 04:32 PM
    @clipper. Yes the curve 8520/8530 are the curve 2. The curve 8530 has gps. If you don't use gps, there isn't much of a different to me.

03-26-10 04:38 PM
    The early Tours had issues, the new ones are fine. The reason I like the Tour more than the Curve 2:

1: Tour has a bigger screen and better resolution, it's gorgeous.
    2: Tour has a 3.2 MP camera, Curve 2 has a 2.0 MP camera with NO flash.
    3: Tour is a "world" phone and can be unlocked to work on any carrier, CDMA or GSM.
    03-26-10 04:44 PM
    Tour is the better phone. But if I was going to swtich I'd at least hold out for the
    Tour 2
    03-26-10 04:46 PM
    Tour is the better phone. But if I was going to swtich I'd at least hold out for the
    Tour 2
    I agree, it will be out soon. If you waited this long, wait just a bit more. You'll be glad you did, that and you'll have a brand new released device...
    03-26-10 04:49 PM
    Lol. No one knows when its coming out. So enough with the "its coming". Don't listen to all this "better phone" business. Its called "what's better for YOU". Do you want to lug a big thing around or do you want a generic sized phone? Do you want a stunning screen or a pretty good screen? Will you be listening to music and want dedicated media keys? Do you want wifi for unlimited mobile browsing on a wifi network and a potential use of UMA? Its all about you. Do you think my little sister would want the tour over the curve? Probably not. She likes music phones. Do you think a business man would want a pearl instead of a tour? Nope. Get a phone that suits your needs. Imo idc about no stupid 3.2 mp camera, I have a 10 mp camera to take pics. But some people think different. there are tons of different phones out there, not just blackberry too. But remember its what YOU want/need.

03-26-10 04:57 PM
    Lol. No one knows when its coming out. So enough with the "its coming".
    You obviously have never heard of me, I'll just leave it at that. As for the question the OP asked, the Tour is definitley a better phone with more options. Just wait for more replies, you'll see...
    03-26-10 05:00 PM
    Do you want to lug a big thing around or do you want a generic sized phone?-snip-Imo idc about no stupid 3.2 mp camera, I have a 10 mp camera to take pics.
    How old are you? You talk like a 13 year old!
    Even if you "don't care about no stupid 3.2 mp camera" I for one, happen to rely on the camera on my phone for everyday use as I do not OWN a 10 mp camera. There are some people who consider the benefits of the current Tour and new Bold ( previously Tour2) to greatly outweigh the Curve 8530. The 8530 is a great entry level phone.

And you should be ashamed to come on these boards with a minuscule amount of worthwhile posts and information and question a person like SD!

And yes, I AM a teacher and I can reprimand a middle-school child if I desire!
    Grow up.
    03-26-10 05:08 PM
    Seriously, I know my post was a bit opinionated, I apologize. But that that's my opinion and I can share it. I'm not talking for everyone, if you don't have a camera then the tour can be a good path to follow. Like I said it depends on what you need it for. And I never questioned anyone. I really don't care if you're a teacher or the lobby cleaner at mcdonalds. I am entitled to share my opinion regardless of how many posts I withhold. Anyways, the bottom line is choose the phone that's best for you. If a ccamera is important to uyou on a phone, then by all means, you should get the tour. I didn't mean to sound rude but its all about what the person needs. I just don't believe in getting more than u need, yes the tour is a higher end phoine, doesn't mean its hetter for you

03-26-10 05:17 PM
    Thanks for everyone's responses; much appreciated! I will have to go and decide for myself. Does anyone know when the new Tour will be coming out? Or is it just speculation?
    03-26-10 06:32 PM
    So far, the date is a WAG. ( Wild _ ss guess) so it is a tough choice. I quit fretting over it and got a Tour. I am enjoying it immensely, the screen, cam, and keyboard are much better for me, and I can deal with the trackball for the time being. The keys on Curve 2 are a lil' small for me, and a flash/camera are a necessity. The screen is icing on a nice cake. Coming from the 8330 myself, I have no regrets.

03-26-10 06:39 PM
    My opinion is there is no better of the two....just different needs.
    I would love the screen res of the tour or bold on a curve 2 because of form factor.
    MP's don't matter in terms of image quality as much as one would think for regular cameras, however, for a phone it helps when they are in the 3 and under range.
    I see nothing, absolutely nothing that says the curve is entry level.
    It has the latest OS, trackpad and wifi......
    now the cons are low res screen, camera w/o flash and to me, lack of charging contacts.

If a phone does what YOU want it to do, then it is the right device for you.
    03-26-10 06:57 PM
    If a phone does what YOU want it to do, then it is the right device for you.
    Exactly
    03-26-10 07:50 PM
    For me the screen resolution would be the biggest deciding factor. I have the 8530 (Curve 2) and I am a bit of a theme addict. I love my phone because it it purple, my favorite color, but the Tour as SO MANY pretty themes!

Those above me are right though, it comes down to what you need it to do. I love my Curve 2.

... But you can bet I'll be jumping on the Tour2 (or whatever they call it) when it comes out! Yay for trackpads!
    03-26-10 11:35 PM
    Hmm tough choice. Both have fast CPUs, plenty of RAM, and look nice. The Tour has GSM and a bigger screen, while the Curve 2 has wi-fi and the trackpad. Basically otherwise it's the same. And the comment about GPS was false because my GPS works fine. That said the Tour trackball issues haven't been there for me on my second one. Just play with both phones for about an hour each.
    03-27-10 01:00 PM
    I wonder if CB didn't label it a entry level device, would people care?
    03-27-10 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD