Which phone do you guys think is better between the 2?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 01:37 PM

The one in the middle.

Seriously, as nice as the tour looks, my 8330 is rock solid and I would assume (bad to) that the new curve would be the same.
    09-29-09 01:40 PM
    If the Curve 2 is like the Javelin but with trackpad I would say the Tour 2 is the big brother of the 2.

The Javelin is already out for a while so perhaps less buggy
    09-29-09 02:58 PM
    how do you know it will have a trackpad? if it is really the curve 2 wouldnt it be like the 8900?
    10-07-09 08:34 PM
    curve2 is the 85xx series and the trackpads are really nice and slick
    10-07-09 10:20 PM
    Do you need a world phone like the Tour. If not, go for the smaller size and price.

10-07-09 10:43 PM
    [RANT]
    I HATE when people say Curve 2.
    There are 3 Series of Curve, and NONE are called Curve 2.
    [/RANT]

Sorry about that, I've just had a lot of "Curve 2" stuff tossed at me in the last month or so

The Tour is better than the 8900, so the refreshed Tour should be better than the 8930. And if you mean the 8530, then there's no contest.
    10-08-09 04:14 AM
    [RANT]
    I HATE when people say Curve 2.
    There are 3 Series of Curve, and NONE are called Curve 2.
    [/RANT]

Sorry about that, I've just had a lot of "Curve 2" stuff tossed at me in the last month or so

The Tour is better than the 8900, so the refreshed Tour should be better than the 8930. And if you mean the 8530, then there's no contest.
    Name one way the tour is better than the 8900? The Tour supports H.264 and the 8900 only supports H.263 vid codecs. The 8900 supports more audio. other than that, they are the same thing. Plus the 8900 has better battery life, and lighter and more form fitting to the hand.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)
    Last edited by xRuhRohx; 10-08-09 at 09:07 AM.
    10-08-09 09:03 AM
    Who cares about a couple CODECs?
    The battery life is very close.
    The only place the Tour really loses is that it lacks WiFi (it's one downfall), but it is 3G, both here (EvDO) and overseas (UMTS).

I'm not saying the two devices aren't close, but IMO the Tour is better.
    10-08-09 11:05 AM
    The only real way they are different is looks. Other than that, they are pretty much the same. I would like to see speed tests. I have seen a few showing that the 8900 on EDGE is faster than the BOLD on 3G.
    10-08-09 01:30 PM
    No, Tour is a world phone with CDMA and GSM support. The curve isn't.
    10-08-09 01:33 PM
    No, Tour is a world phone with CDMA and GSM support. The curve isn't.
    Yeah but who cares about CDMA? Certainly not me, I love GSM. I have had CDMA and hated it. Service for me always sucked. The Storm did both CDMA and GSM, and yeah its still basically a CDMA phone. Its garbage on GSM. I have done all the OS's, hybrid OS's and all the tricks and it is still garbage on GSM. So saying its both to me, still says its CDMA.
    10-08-09 06:12 PM
    CDMA works great for me on Sprint. CDMA vs GSM problem is really has to do with your location(s).

Regardless, for GSM, Tour is a world quad band GSM. Curve is only USA dual band GSM. That's important if you travel internationally.

Also, if you get a Sprint Tour, you can use it on Sprint or AT&T network. A Verizon Tour will work on Verizon and AT&T network.

Last edited by leskchan; 10-08-09 at 06:57 PM.
    10-08-09 06:17 PM
    the 8900 on EDGE is faster than the BOLD on 3G.
    You're full of ****.
    10-08-09 08:19 PM
    CDMA works great for me on Sprint. CDMA vs GSM problem is really has to do with your location(s).

Regardless, for GSM, Tour is a world quad band GSM. Curve is only USA dual band GSM. That's important if you travel internationally.

Also, if you get a Sprint Tour, you can use it on Sprint or AT&T network. A Verizon Tour will work on Verizon and AT&T network.

BB 8900 Network
    Quad Band GSM: 1900 / 850 / 1800 / 900 (Works Worldwide)
    10-08-09 09:14 PM
    You're full of ****.
    Its a simple matter of CPU. The Javelin has the newer build of processor. My javelin is extremely fast.
    10-08-09 09:16 PM

The Tour 9630 is the way I would go.
    10-08-09 09:18 PM
    I would go with the Tour 2(Essex. My only gripe is that keyboard is a little cramped for my taste.
    10-12-09 09:15 AM
    Its a simple matter of CPU. The Javelin has the newer build of processor. My javelin is extremely fast.
    This convo is off topic. The way I understand it however, the Bold has a faster processor but less mem. They almost balance out in that regard, leaning in the Bold's favor tho. The ATT 3G network is technically faster, but the network is jammed with iPhones and Bolds slowing it down. In some circumstances, a Curve 8900 on TMO will be faster than a Bold on ATT. Again, as I understand it.

10-12-09 06:27 PM
    This convo is off topic. The way I understand it however, the Bold has a faster processor but less mem. They almost balance out in that regard, leaning in the Bold's favor tho. The ATT 3G network is technically faster, but the network is jammed with iPhones and Bolds slowing it down. In some circumstances, a Curve 8900 on TMO will be faster than a Bold on ATT. Again, as I understand it.

Faster processor as far as what the numbers say. As far as it actually being faster, no. It is an older model processor.
    10-21-09 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD