What's the scoop? Do we have any specs on it yet?
    08-24-09 08:17 AM
    I'm guessing it'll be exactly the same as th gsm 8520 but cdma.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 08:46 AM
    Plus the Aries 8530 will have EVDO Rev.0(though not the faster EVDO Rev.A like the Tour & Storm) as well as WiFi.
    08-24-09 10:16 AM
    odd that the battery would be able to handle the EVDO, but on the GSM curves they went to the onyx form factor (BOLD II) instead of Curve II
    08-24-09 01:05 PM
    So essentially the pro will be the trackpad, the con will be crappy screen, no flash, and lower MP cam. Hmmm...the Tour or the 8530.. decisions decisions...
    08-24-09 01:17 PM
    is it true that the 8530 wont have gps too? i read that somewhere..
    08-25-09 11:04 PM
    anybody know this one?
    08-26-09 06:08 PM
    The 8520 does not have GPS. Can't see the 8530 having it.

08-27-09 01:26 AM
    My guess is the 8530 will have GPS since it will be a 3G handset.Verizon's 8330 offers VZW Navigator and I'm sure that would be offered on it's replacment.

08-27-09 06:30 AM
    So essentially the pro will be the trackpad, the con will be crappy screen, no flash, and lower MP cam. Hmmm...the Tour or the 8530.. decisions decisions...
    Add wifi as another pro. What people have to understand is that, unlike the original curve series (83XX), this phone was made to be low-budget, entry level, hence, lower quality screen, camera, no flash, etc. Good things are wifi and trackpad though. I could never in a million years consider this phone because of the above reasons. However, there may be a market of people who have never had a smartphone or a blackberry, who don't need a bold/tour/storm level phone, and the cheaper price of this device should catch their eye. I just wish CDMA would be getting the 8900 series, which is more of an evolution of the 83XX series imo. However, the Tour is almost the size of the 83xx series, and a better device, and the only thing that I wish it really had, would be wifi.
    Last edited by briankeith513; 08-27-09 at 07:52 AM.
    08-27-09 07:25 AM
    Good points. It looks like for Verizon users, the Tour will be the only "real" upgrade option for a while.

And I'm discounting the Storm 2, because, like many other heavy business users, a touch-screen just won't cut it.
    08-31-09 10:47 AM
    GSM curves they went to the onyx form factor (BOLD II) instead of Curve II
    The Curve 8520 (GSM) does not look like the Onyx/Bold II.

RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 information (Phone Arena)
    08-31-09 06:44 PM
    BlackBerry� Curve™ 8520 - Black

Basics
    Size: 2.4 x 4.3 x 0.5 inches
    Weight: 3.8 ounces
    Included battery: 1150 mAhr Lion
    Talk time: 4.5 hours
    Standby time: 17 days
    Band (frequency): 850 MHz;900 MHz;1800 MHz;1900 MHz

Included Accessories
    Battery
    Charger
    Stereo Hands-Free Headset
    USB Cable
    BlackBerry Desktop Software
    1GB SD Card
    Top Phone Features
    Messaging
    Video Messaging
    Text messaging*
    Instant messaging*
    Fun
    2 Megapixel Camera with Video Capture
    Music Player with External Controls

Communication
    QWERTY keyboard
    Wi-Fi and Mobile Calling*
    E-mail*
    Easily synch w/ Microsoft Outlook
    Information
    Voice dialing
    Micro SD memory slot

*Additional fees may apply

Feature Description
    QWERTY keyboard The built-in familiar layout lets you type messages easily without searching for the letter you want.
    Wi-Fi and Mobile Calling* Effortlessly switch between Wi-Fi calling and T-Mobile's wireless network while you talk Get great coverage at home when used with a T-Mobile HotSpot @Home wireless router Unlimited nationwide calls over Wi-Fi, at home or at any U.S. T-Mobile HotSpot
    E-mail* Send and receive messages from personal and work e-mail.
    2 Megapixel Camera with Video Capture Capture special moments as photos or video clips. View them later on your phone, print them out or share them with family and friends by sending them to any e-mail address, T-Mobile camera phone, or MyAlbum.
    Easily synch w/ Microsoft Outlook Stay in synch with your Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks in Microsoft Outlook
    Music Player with External Controls Play your music without going through your phone's menus to find it. With external controls, you can just slide on your headphones and push play.
    Stereo Bluetooth� wireless technology Connect your phone to your computer or stereo headset without any wires.
    Video Messaging Use your phone to capture your favorite moments on video, then share them instantly with your friends and family.
    Voice dialing Call someone with simple voice commands to keep your hands free for activities like driving.
    myFaves capable* Get unlimited any-network calling to any 5 people with a myFaves plan.
    Text messaging* The quick, quiet way to stay connected.
    Instant messaging* Send and receive instant messages with AOL�, Yahoo!�, Windows Live Messenger�, and Google Talk�.
    Picture messaging* Send pictures from your phone to others.
    Micro SD memory slot Add more memory for multimedia files, data, and more.
    08-31-09 07:30 PM
    I ordered a warranty replacement for my wife's 8330 and the woman told me that they were out of stock of most 8330s. They had no pink or red and were low on the silver and black.

So I would assume that the 8330 is just getting weeded out now before the 8530 arrives soon.
    09-01-09 02:56 PM
    BUMP. anyone heard anything new on this lately?
    09-14-09 07:43 PM
    anyone know if it'll be for sprint aswell?
    09-14-09 07:56 PM
    Yeah...I for one would be interested...it is a direct replacement / upgrade for the 8330....any news anyone ?
    09-14-09 08:39 PM
    I love my 8330, I will only upgrade to the new Curve for VZW. I will not be jumping on the boat till 6 months after its release though, so they can work out the errors, glitches, and what not.

Till then I'm a dedicated 8330 addict!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-14-09 08:45 PM
    i remember seeing this screenshot a while ago. the hero's release date is right, so maybe the curve's is also.

Sprint Bringing HTC Pro In October And BlackBerry 8530 in November | FreshPhoneNews.com
    09-14-09 08:49 PM
    should be out really soon.
    09-14-09 10:08 PM
    should be out really soon.
    sal, can i just start referring to you as the godfather of blackberries?
    09-14-09 10:22 PM
    sal, can i just start referring to you as the godfather of blackberries?
    LOL LOL Sounds pretty awesome, to be honest. LOL
    09-14-09 10:28 PM
    I love when people jump on the boat early to get their precious brand new BB, then they complain aboot software issues, trackballs, trackpads, screens, and just aboot every other issue with their brand spanking BB, IMHO!

I can wait for 6 months to have all those issues resolved, IMHO! I just want to see if the new 8530 will be what I want or stick with my 8330.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-14-09 10:35 PM
    I love when people jump on the boat early to get their precious brand new BB, then they complain aboot software issues, trackballs, trackpads, screens, and just aboot every other issue with their brand spanking BB, IMHO!

I can wait for 6 months to have all those issues resolved, IMHO! I just want to see if the new 8530 will be what I want or stick with my 8330.

Thnx, �Tripster�

just for the record, i have never complained about anything other than im too stupid and i messed something up. haha
    09-14-09 10:42 PM
    The 8530 shouldn't be too bad initially because they already have the 8520 out...

Other than the CDMA radio, it should pretty much be the same device, right?

09-15-09 12:45 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD