With all the rumours now saying Q3, is RIM still committed to releasing BBX phones in Q1?

[–]throwawayrim2[S] 4 points 4 days ago
    Yes - as well as other devices.

I am really, really shocked that RIM is still planning on coming out with BBX early next year! As long as it takes them to get anything done, I was fully expecting BBX to come out in Q-4 2012. Which.. would definitly hurt RIM because I'm sure the OS 7 sales would've gotten stale by then causing great harm to the company.

But then again.. RIM is opening themselves up to a lot of hating if they release BBX just 5 or 6 months after releasing the first OS 7 device (99xx). There's gonna be a lot of pi$$ed off OS 7 people stuck in their 2 yr contracts...

But I gotta say, if BBX comes out in Jan, Feb or March of next year... I will be all over it like stink on $hit! I'll just add a line or sell my 9930 on ebay or something.. I'll be out there waiting in line in the freezing cold for one.
    11-23-11 02:33 PM
    So I read the whole thing and there isn't much she said I disagree with. The difficult part of being part of an organization like this is that ideas flow from the top down rather than the bottom up.

As I have said before until RIMs leadership changes and begins to understand what customers want nothing will change...

PG
    11-23-11 09:30 PM
    March 31 2012 is not crazy for BBX phones, it's using an OS that's been in development for the Playbook for almost two years by then, the cell-radio stack was being developed for the Playbook 3g/4g, native email/bbm is being shown. Don't be surprised to see RIM actually make this target.

The difficult part of being part of an organization like this is that ideas flow from the top down rather than the bottom up.
    You do realize most of Apple's great execution and ideas came from Steve Jobs, from the top down as it was. Customers don't know what they want, because they don't know what is reasonably possible at a given price and size, they are not privy to the manufacturing issues etc.
    11-24-11 10:25 PM
    I sure hope you're right BBOttawa, I'd love to see BBX come out in a few months!
    And I have to say, I completely agree with you in regards to the quote that you pasted. I can't think of a single company that have big ideas flow from the bottom up. Maybe in fairytale land the executives listen to the "floor" employees for big ideas that shape the company. But this is the real world and most big ideas take years to implement and definitely come from the top down.
    11-25-11 11:21 AM
    Full touch screen BBX phones will definitely be out by the end of Q1 2012 at the latest...no idea when the first keyboard BBX phone will be out though, that's what I'm waiting for, while still loving my 9900 so not in any rush to upgrade.
    11-27-11 01:45 AM
    I'm in no hurry. I just bought this BB. I can last at least a year with this. More if they plan on making a qwerty version but release it later than the full TS.
    11-27-11 01:49 AM
    Full touch screen BBX phones will definitely be out by the end of Q1 2012 at the latest...
    Would you mind divulging source of that information.PG says Q3 is likely since the testing team at RIM is yet to get BBX phone for testing.

Is there a separate testing team for BBX phones?? I won't discount it since QNX guys are responsible for software...
    11-30-11 12:13 AM
    At this point, I'd just let RIM come out with a polished, stable product rather than having them rush it. RIM has always been enterprise first, consumers second. Everything else is speculation.
    11-30-11 03:35 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD