I read on here that many of you have several BB's and use them on and off. Just curious how you would do that. Do you switch SIM cards each time? Can you have one cell number on more then one phone?
    05-10-18 09:50 PM
    I'd say most people have multiple SIM's. I know I do.
    05-10-18 11:33 PM
    I'd say most people have multiple SIM's. I know I do.
    I'd say you're special. I know you do.
    JohnKobeck and eiruvrav like this.
    05-10-18 11:45 PM
    I use a BlackBerry Android device and multiple BB10 devices, so while I use one VZW SIM, I've had to create two BBID's. I do have a second SIM card, but it's a Mint SIM, prepaid only and GSM.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-18 09:26 AM
    I've got a Passport and a Huawei P9 and switch out the sim back and forth. Maybe 70% Passport and 30% P9 right now.
    05-11-18 09:57 AM
    I read on here that many of you have several BB's and use them on and off. Just curious how you would do that. Do you switch SIM cards each time? Can you have one cell number on more then one phone?
    I own a Passport SE and it is my daily driver. I have 3 more new Passport SEs in their boxes as spares.
    05-11-18 11:33 AM
    Separate #s . Part of a 10 device package with vzw. No sim really needed on my vzw 9930, which I carry ALL the time. Since I like simultaneous "double fisting", 9930 always in left hand maintaining critical communications. Typically Classic in right hand maintaining less critical communications while serving browsing, etc, duties. Both represent the two most modern of single handed friendly handsets. Single handed use permits "double fisting" nicely. My third # & sim gets shared between my K1, PP & D60. Depending on expected need for the day.

Since NO single device is optimal for every use, dual, even triple, carry affords the best characteristics of each given device, as desired. Such as 9930 for typing, Classic for browsing, K1 for apps... As a small sample of examples.

They also function as backup for each other if signal or battery vanishes... PP on ATT, 9930 on vzw for example maximizes availability. Spare oem jm1 battery for 99 always in pocket. Very slim & compact.

I started dual carry just after getting my then new Classic. Powerbank sized for effective endurance on embedded battery Classic turned out to be larger than my 9930! I reasoned that a spare 9930 provided better availability and much more usefulness than a similarly size powerbank. Double fisting evolved from there and is truly wonderful for checking & editing contacts, messages, calendar, spreadsheets, browsing, communicating, etc in one hand while simultaneously communicating (voice, text, etc) in the other hand. Unmatched mobile productivity, for my particular use case. Fwiw.
    05-11-18 09:57 PM
    Z10, classic, 3 PP's, Z30. Keep em charged & on standby. Weekend music. Watching them placed on one desk gives a nice feeling on a sunday.
    portplayer and irishcorker like this.
    05-12-18 12:48 AM
    I have BB Classic and Xperia XZ. I carry both on me coz i have 2 sim cards in em. main sim card is in the Classic. 😁
    05-12-18 01:52 AM
    Separate #s . Part of a 10 device package with vzw. No sim really needed on my vzw 9930, which I carry ALL the time. Since.....
    This sounds insane, but it also sounds like you have it mastered. Would be interesting to see a fast forward time lapse selfie video of your day and your hands just a smoking.
    Last edited by spARTacus; 05-13-18 at 06:25 AM.
    05-12-18 06:31 AM
    This sounds insane, but it also sounds like you have it mastered. Would be interesting to see a fast forward time lapse selfie video of your day and you hands just a smoking.
    Haha... Don't give coworkers any ideas... Lol... I'm sure it sounds crazier than it is. My secondary carry for typical days remains holstered about 90% of the time. 9900 occupies left hand for about 90% of use, secondary (usually Classic or K1) comes out about 10% of that time. If that makes sense.

I do a LOT of voice and a LOT of sms/bbm/email. Often simultaneously. Client on one device and "in house" coworkers & colleagues in the other hand. Much, MUCH crazier to keep straight over a single handset.

Of course that used to be two wired office phones, a notepad, paper calendar, rolodex, fax machine, pneuma-tube currier, drafting table, filing cabinet, and a PC back when anchored to a desk... 25 yrs ago... Lol. Mobile technology has sorta permitted "retirement" ... Again... Lol.

One person's insane is sometimes another person's life... Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 05-12-18 at 08:54 AM.
    05-12-18 08:35 AM
    I use twin Sim cards for the same number .
    05-12-18 02:02 PM
    1 Q10, 1 Classic, 1 Passport. I use the Q10 when traveling and for music mainly, Classic has a sim and is used outside on the go, Passport is kept inside rocking work and personal email and functioning as a tablet basically

Posted via CB10
    05-12-18 04:08 PM
    I own a Passport SE and it is my daily driver. I have 3 more new Passport SEs in their boxes as spares.
    I would seriously recommend selling at least 2 of those spares while they're worth something before BB10 becomes EOL beyond usability. It's such a solidly built phone that I don't think your main one needs a backup anyways. My 0.02¢
    05-13-18 04:48 AM
    My passport won't recieve any signal so use it as a WiFi only tablet at home.

Swiped on my Passport!
    05-15-18 12:32 AM
    Haha... Don't give coworkers any ideas... Lol... I'm sure it sounds crazier than it is. My secondary carry for typical days remains holstered about 90% of the time. 9900 occupies left hand for about 90% of use, secondary (usually Classic or K1) comes out about 10% of that time. If that makes sense.

I do a LOT of voice and a LOT of sms/bbm/email. Often simultaneously. Client on one device and "in house" coworkers & colleagues in the other hand. Much, MUCH crazier to keep straight over a single handset.

Of course that used to be two wired office phones, a notepad, paper calendar, rolodex, fax machine, pneuma-tube currier, drafting table, filing cabinet, and a PC back when anchored to a desk... 25 yrs ago... Lol. Mobile technology has sorta permitted "retirement" ... Again... Lol.

One person's insane is sometimes another person's life... Lol.
    Please report to human resources to be fitted for permanent implants so you can continue producing after death. Management cares about you. < /sarcasm >

Why do people bother with dual smartphones? Unless you have an employer issued device of course. Just curious, not judging.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-15-18 02:28 AM
    Please report to human resources to be fitted for permanent implants so you can continue producing after death. Management cares about you. < /sarcasm >

Why do people bother with dual smartphones? Unless you have an employer issued device of course. Just curious, not judging.
    Ha! Lol. This 9930 has already grown into my left hand... The wife has already decided it'll be easier to bury me with it than pry it from "my cold dead left hand"... Lol. . It has "implanted" itself into my speech center thru muscle memory... As my second tongue... One that routinely "speaks" with global reach. Lol.

I've leveraged the technology to its logical extreme. It's what I do. My personality type? Some folks invest time in pursuing hobbies, sports, etc. Time doing things they LOVE to do. Things they frequently do without compensation. Things they frequently PAY to do!

I've positioned myself, and my crew, into a fortunate situation where "management" demonstrates "care" thru handsome compensation & benefits while we get to do what we love to do! Compensation also including very motivating year end bonuses. All meticulously negotiated when "management" purchased my company... From me... also nicely compensated. . My crew represents highest margin returns anywhere in that "monster" organization. That has a way of engendering "care" from management, board members, etc. Lol.

Every last one of my crew (26) LOVEs what we do and would PAY to do it. Traits I recognized while assembling the team, originally. Every last one of them is fully capable of filling my shoes. I continue working well past retirement (again! Lol) because I love what I'm doing. NOT because they couldn't get along without me. No need to extend my service from grave... From retirement is "extreme" enough. Lol.

Management is also well aware that my attorneys carefully un-threaded any semblance of "non-competitive" provisions during negotiations. Every one of my crew is fully capable of becoming a competitor. A couple have, and are doing nicely. Another motivator for management to "care" about... Lol. We are well saddled with pretty constraining NDAs, etc, tho... So... This will be my last "retirement"... I promise, Dear Wife... Lol.

Anyone who's started a business (four successes to my name) understands that "management" answers to thousands of superior bosses... Called customers... A happy crew makes for happy, and RETURNING customers!

I dual carry partly because I find that no single device is optimal at both content consumption AND content generation. Too much compromise in any single handset. Imo. For me, 9900 remains unchallenged for exquisite muscle memory typing proficiency... My "second tongue", so to speak... Lol. It has aged to become somewhat crippled for content consumption, tho.

My ears and my tongue are optimized for two distinctly separate consumption/generation missions. Very analogously, my "android giants" and my 9930 are also optimized for two distinctly different consumption/generation missions. Missions I've carried to logical extremes. Extremes that might, possibly, represent a possible, if not likely, future for humanity itself. ... Should they chose to accept... Lol. Where humanity takes this tech represents a totally separate debate... Lol.

Humor aside, I will NOT take mobile technology to the grave. Any more than I'll take my SnapOn tool chest. Mobile tech, for me, is a TOOL. A means to an end. Certainly NOT an "end" itself... Lol.
    05-15-18 08:27 AM
    Wow. I am much more married to my PC (Systems Analyst - doing a lot of support).
    Seldom use my phone as a phone, it's a BYO device and so I don't use it for work calling, but I DO use the email heavily and Google Hangouts a fair bit.

As for multiple phones - that strikes me as just bananas. Then again, I only use ONE computer monitor whereas many of my co-workers use two. I would just find that confusing also.
    05-15-18 11:10 AM
    I have three lol not including my z30, that's EOL now

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 11:38 AM
    Within the past 2 months I switched my only Sim card from keyone black to PRIV which I ordered last month,used it just for 2 weeks, didn't liked the keyboard to keyone silver with the keyone bronze coming this Thursday. Gotta install all my apps,emails again in the bronze but excited about the looks of the phone. Well I can proudly say I've all the keyones and I'm gonna buy the key2 within 2-3 months.
    05-15-18 03:29 PM
    So what you're saying is you want to sell one? Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 08:51 PM
    Well I can proudly say I've all the keyones and I'm gonna buy the key2 within 2-3 months.
    Now you just need the gold KEYone from Dubai lol
    05-16-18 05:07 AM
    I have three SIM´s, one for my personal phone, the Priv, one for the Z30 for one business, and a third for my red Passport for the other business.

I have spare Z30´'s in boxes for accidents to my Z30 and am getting a Passport SE as another spare. Will probably buy a Key2 and try to transfer Zinqs BB10 launcher to it from the Priv, given that it is no longer in Play Store.

The swipe gestures are really the only problem I find going back and forth, I tend to erase emails from the Hub in the Priv when I unthinkingly swipe left, trying to return to Home.

Three SIM´s are not hard to keep track of, one has an unlimited plan and the other two are prepaid. The reason I use the Priv for the personal phone is for watching the late night comedy videos links from WaPo and NYTimes and my favorite moto vloggers, they never worked well on the BB10 phones but for business it is not an issue. Without Zinqs BB10 launcher, I would hate the Android look on the Priv, but, oh well. Have to face reality in part.

The new Kay2 supposedly has a model with two SIM slots, but that won't help me, I want to keep carrying a Passport and my Z30. So yeah, I carry three phones all the time.

I have never had anything but a BlackBerry smartphone and am too set in my ways to give them up. I defend them vigorously to everyone I know and no one dares attack my using my beloved BB's or the fact that I carry three all the time.
    05-16-18 05:56 PM
    I would seriously recommend selling at least 2 of those spares while they're worth something before BB10 becomes EOL beyond usability. It's such a solidly built phone that I don't think your main one needs a backup anyways. My 0.02¢
    Phones get stolen or damaged. Keeping spares is smart, just in case.
    05-16-18 06:01 PM
    I have three SIM´s, one for my personal phone, the Priv, one for the Z30 for one business, and a third for my red Passport for the other business.

I have spare Z30´'s in boxes for accidents to my Z30 and am getting a Passport SE as another spare. Will probably buy a Key2 and try to transfer Zinqs BB10 launcher to it from the Priv, given that it is no longer in Play Store.

The swipe gestures are really the only problem I find going back and forth, I tend to erase emails from the Hub in the Priv when I unthinkingly swipe left, trying to return to Home.

Three SIM´s are not hard to keep track of, one has an unlimited plan and the other two are prepaid. The reason I use the Priv for the personal phone is for watching the late night comedy videos links from WaPo and NYTimes and my favorite moto vloggers, they never worked well on the BB10 phones but for business it is not an issue. Without Zinqs BB10 launcher, I would hate the Android look on the Priv, but, oh well. Have to face reality in part.

The new Kay2 supposedly has a model with two SIM slots, but that won't help me, I want to keep carrying a Passport and my Z30. So yeah, I carry three phones all the time.

I have never had anything but a BlackBerry smartphone and am too set in my ways to give them up. I defend them vigorously to everyone I know and no one dares attack my using my beloved BB's or the fact that I carry three all the time.
    What 3 phones will you be carrying when January 1st 2020 comes around?
    05-17-18 03:07 AM
27 12