If there was an easy fix... don't you think Chen is smart enough to figure it out?
    I think someone's about to say "no, he isn't", although the people who think that would also think that Mike/Jim/Thorsten wouldn't miss something that obvious.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    06-07-16 02:25 PM
    If there was an easy fix... don't you think Chen is smart enough to figure it out?
    It's not a matter of whether or not JC is "smart" enough to fix it. It's about JC having the right people around him that's giving good advice to fix/ market /sell Mobile devices in today's climate.

I get that he would reach out to previous team members from Sybase, however I disagree with the current approach towards hardware..... Especially if this business is to be profitable by this fall.

The majority of people out there believe it or not that I've came across love the BeastOS. They love the Beast Phone but they're turned off by the word "BlackBerry".

I know a lot of folks here are convinced that it's all lost and that's not an eyebrow raising, out of space opinion. I started this thread for two reasons : To start a conversation with Pro BlackBerry folks, and with the hopes that someone from Waterloo sees it and it finds its way to JC. Would love to hear any other ideas out there as to what you would do if you had the opportunity to make that call.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-07-16 03:49 PM
    This is what Samsung have done for the Tizen store. No cut is taken from developers till the end of 2017 (if i remember correctly). Not sure if thats the reason whatsapp is now available for Tizen OS phones.
    06-07-16 05:41 PM
    It's not a matter of whether or not JC is "smart" enough to fix it. It's about JC having the right people around him that's giving good advice to fix/ market /sell Mobile devices in today's climate.

I get that he would reach out to previous team members from Sybase, however I disagree with the current approach towards hardware..... Especially if this business is to be profitable by this fall.

The majority of people out there believe it or not that I've came across love the BeastOS. They love the Beast Phone but they're turned off by the word "BlackBerry".

I know a lot of folks here are convinced that it's all lost and that's not an eyebrow raising, out of space opinion. I started this thread for two reasons : To start a conversation with Pro BlackBerry folks, and with the hopes that someone from Waterloo sees it and it finds its way to JC. Would love to hear any other ideas out there as to what you would do if you had the opportunity to make that call.

Hate to break it to you. John Chen was hired to save Blackberry the company and not the hardware division. Unless you have $1 to $2 billion to buy the company from Prem Watsa, so that you can replace John Chen. He will continue to be more focused on growing their enterprise software offerings.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-07-16 07:27 PM
    I don't think it can be fixed. Chen's already suggested that the solution is to become a software company.
    I think they will see that buying those security related software companies will ensure their survival in the long run because I honestly think as a consumer hardware company, they are done. They may still build niche devices for the enterprise market, but even at that end, most companies I know of have already invested their capital into Android and IOS devices.
    06-08-16 07:30 AM
    You know, it's really simple to me: Make BBW free for developers. Done. Rant over. I just hope another platform doesn't see this post and runs with it. If BlackBerry wants to survive in hardware, it has to do three things.... 1. Make BBW free for developers and update it. The black background is a good option for mobile users, not for commerce. 2. Do not, I repeat do not release anymore Blackberries. The name has ran it's course. The problem is not the hardware or software. It's the name BlackBerry. 3. Someone needs to have a serious conversation with the head of marketing. The suit and tie approach has too ran it's course. BE IN YOUR FACE AGRESSIVE!!!!!!!!! If companies with (B)illions in debt can run a commercial, so can the company formerly known as RIM. Any questions?

LOL I'm recalling a story about a pig and some lipstick
    06-08-16 03:56 PM
    Reread the post.

BlackBerry is "dead" now because the name doesn't sell, and RIM (that had a chance of starting again with a NEW product line and name) is goner than gone now due to the RIM-naming job...

That's the long version... ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    06-08-16 05:31 PM
    Hate to break it to you. John Chen was hired to save Blackberry the company and not the hardware division. Unless you have $1 to $2 billion to buy the company from Prem Watsa, so that you can replace John Chen. He will continue to be more focused on growing their enterprise software offerings.
    They need more diversification in software as well because of Microsoft Intune threat... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    06-08-16 05:33 PM
33 12