RIM and Amazon

"I think RIM and Amazon should be working much closer together. Do you agree or disagree? Here’s where I’m coming from.

Amazon’s Kindle Fire looks pretty awesome.* Hardware is good enough but the big picture story is Amazon’s ability to deliver value to the user via one-click ordering and the Amazon Prime membership, along with a pretty strong streaming video solution.
    We know Amazon is expected to release a smartphone.
    Amazon is using Android, but the way they’re marketing this solution isn’t really about Android.* It’s about using Android to save development time and leverage mobile developers.
    RIM could offer a lot more to BlackBerry users if it supported Amazon’s wonderful e-commerce platform more completely.* Not just its music store.
    It’s win-win.* RIM gains features for its customers, and Amazon gains RIM’s user base with no additional costs.* In fact the development costs to do this would be next to zero.
    I just don’t see a similar partnership between Amazon and Apple or Amazon and Google.* There’s too much overlap between those potential combos.* RIM has no conflicts here, really.
    RIM needs something like this.
    My worry is that RIM doesn’t see it the same way as I do. I personally believe that senior leadership at RIM does not hold as much respect for Amazon as I apparently do."

I like the sound of this. Are there any reasons this shouldn't happen?
    (Umiastowski is his proper last name, sorry for the misspelling)
    Last edited by marksthespot60; 12-09-11 at 01:35 PM.
    12-09-11 11:19 AM
    Good points but who is this cumisatoshiski guy? Seems to have little credibility.
    12-09-11 11:53 AM
    he's a crackberry editor.

good points... hopefully someone at RIM/Amazon is reading this.
    marksthespot60 likes this.
    12-09-11 11:56 AM
    I would LOVE to see this happen!
    12-09-11 12:08 PM
    Yeah, Amazon is on the "up and up".
    12-09-11 12:33 PM
    Amazon and BB will be way above the sky, maybe to Keppler - B.

BTW: Keppler - B came in the news a few days ago......
    12-09-11 12:53 PM
    RIM and Amazon

"I think RIM and Amazon should be working much closer together. Do you agree or disagree? Here�s where I�m coming from.

Amazon�s Kindle Fire looks pretty awesome.* Hardware is good enough but the big picture story is Amazon�s ability to deliver value to the user via one-click ordering and the Amazon Prime membership, along with a pretty strong streaming video solution.
    We know Amazon is expected to release a smartphone.
    Amazon is using Android, but the way they�re marketing this solution isn�t really about Android.* It�s about using Android to save development time and leverage mobile developers.
    RIM could offer a lot more to BlackBerry users if it supported Amazon�s wonderful e-commerce platform more completely.* Not just its music store.
    It�s win-win.* RIM gains features for its customers, and Amazon gains RIM�s user base with no additional costs.* In fact the development costs to do this would be next to zero.
    I just don�t see a similar partnership between Amazon and Apple or Amazon and Google.* There�s too much overlap between those potential combos.* RIM has no conflicts here, really.
    RIM needs something like this.
    My worry is that RIM doesn�t see it the same way as I do. I personally believe that senior leadership at RIM does not hold as much respect for Amazon as I apparently do."

I like the sound of this. Are there any reasons this shouldn't happen?
    Have heard rumors that the Amazon phone will be Windows based not Android based. Which is very strange to me.. but maybe Amazon and Microsoft have already been talking???

See lots of reasons for RIM to NEED Amazon, but really no reason that Amazon would need RIM. Very little of RIM's shrinking user base would be able to use the content that Amazon has (due to IT restrictions or outside of Amazon's sales areas).
    12-09-11 01:09 PM
    Sigh...this is another potential big miss on RIM's side.
    The 'RIM needs Amazon' idea has been floating along ever since the introduction of the PlayBook while talking about content.
    Now it is quite evident that Amazon has a phone in development and a unique, thriving content eco-system. There's a thread out there with people investing now on RIMM, to be honest I think the introduction of the Amazon phone will have some noticeable impact on it's stock pricing.
    Is it too late in the game for RIM to reach across the aisle? I think Amazon has shown it's current confidence level in BlackBerry, where's the Kindle apps for BB OS 7 and PlayBook?
    12-09-11 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD