Keep doing so... Thanks for your support... LoL.
    I'm really not interested in your past activities or the content of your post...
    It seems you've been through it and became a better person.
    But I damn sure LOVE your user name!
    No, still the same person, just live in a state that finally came to its senses and ended cannabis prohibition. I guess federally I am still a criminal. And sorry about the rant on your post, every once in awhile I get caught up in what I am writing and cannot help myself.

My family ran Drive-In movie theaters around the Puget Sound for about 50-60 years, and where there are Drive-Ins there are always Swap Meets, and I wore a pimp hat alot so I came up with the name ThaSwapMeetPimp when I was like 24. If you see that name somewhere, it's like a 99.9%chance that it's me (I have yet to find anyone else who has come up with it, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened).
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-01-13 11:44 PM
    No, still the same person, just live in a state that finally came to its senses and ended cannabis prohibition. I guess federally I am still a criminal. And sorry about the rant on your post, every once in awhile I get caught up in what I am writing and cannot help myself.

My family ran Drive-In movie theaters around the Puget Sound for about 50-60 years, and where there are Drive-Ins there are always Swap Meets, and I wore a pimp hat alot so I came up with the name ThaSwapMeetPimp when I was like 24. If you see that name somewhere, it's like a 99.9%chance that it's me (I have yet to find anyone else who has come up with it, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened).
    Ahh. Gotcha. -Cannabis-
    When you stated "criminal" I incorrectly assumed you meant something more serious in the form of theft or violence.
    No worries here. You do you.

It's all good. You didn't rant on my post. That was someone else.
    That was the first post I made in this thread. I'm not interested in this discussion really.
    Being from NY I just liked your name.

Thanks for the history about it! If I'm ever in the area and see the name somewhere, I can say I know who that Pimp is. LoL.

Take care my friend! Peace....
    01-02-13 12:13 AM
    give me ur bbm pin
    01-02-13 12:15 AM
    Ahh. Gotcha. -Cannabis-
    When you stated "criminal" I incorrectly assumed you meant something more serious in the form of theft or violence.
    No worries here. You do you.

It's all good. You didn't rant on my post. That was someone else.
    That was the first post I made in this thread. I'm not interested in this discussion really.
    Being from NY I just liked your name.

Thanks for the history about it! If I'm ever in the area and see the name somewhere, I can say I know who that Pimp is. LoL.

Take care my friend! Peace....
    Lol nah, I was one of the smarter folks who didn't get into all the stuff that leads to violent crime, but it was still criminal nonetheless. Not anymore! It's awesome being a fully legal human. Now we just have to make it illegal discrimination to deny pot smokers a job because they smoke. Any ways, have a good one yo
    01-02-13 02:08 AM
    Do you honestly think that any law enforcement agency in their right mind is going to make it trivial for someone to get hold of a document that discusses in intimate detail how undercover communications monitoring works? If they did that, then their ability to monitor things is immediately eroded if not decimated.
    ].

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS, A MILLION TIMES THIS.....

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-02-13 03:07 AM
    Your assuming that federal systems can monitor/snoop on private / corporate systems....nope, not a chance...to many systems, language codes, band aid patched up Crap systems running throughout governments let alone corporations. Can authorities request information legally from the party they want this info from....yes. Just my two cents.
    You need to research the field of forensics analysis of electronic communications.

01-02-13 03:24 AM
    I have done extensive research on this topic earlier last year when all the fuss about Middle East and India pressuring RIM was buzzing around. I don't want to dive into the boring details but this is the gist of what I have learned:

- BIS users can have their messages handed over by RIM if RIM is provided a warrant by a law enforcement agency.
    - BES users would require cooperation from the BES owner to retrieve any information from a single user (with ease) or:
    - Physical access to the phone opens up more windows for brute forcing the device. (Google "chip off blackberry" or "jtag blackberry" for more information).
    - The majority of the methods used to retrieve information off of a BlackBerry can still pretty easily be prevented by simply using a very strong password along with enabling the encryption of the physical memory on the device through the Options menu on a BlackBerry.

There are many communities online that require you to verify your identity as a law enforcement agent in order for you to access their knowledge base. There are clearly ways of retrieving data from a BlackBerry...whether or not that data is usable once it is retrieved is another story. If the data is encrypted with a very strong password, it could take an unjustifiable amount of time to brute force it. The data could also be encrypted beneath RIM's technologies with a third party encryption.

So basically...if you're on a BES server it is a crap shoot that would require IT administrator cooperation or physical access to the device. If you're on BIS, your communications are safe from the average prying eye unless you have attracted the attention of law enforcement.
    Last edited by Nindia; 01-02-13 at 10:48 AM. Reason: this year / last year - oops!
    01-02-13 04:23 AM
    Is it physical ? lol
    01-02-13 05:46 AM
    the only countries who can't wiretap BBM conversations with a warrant aren't westernized nations. That's a fact, supported by a major investigation I was part of resulting in 20 arrests in North America. If you seriously think NA and European law enforcement is stymied by BBM you're mistaken. Sorry bad guys!
    Time to hook up to a BES and use that encryption haha
    01-02-13 06:00 AM
    I have done extensive research on this topic earlier this year when all the fuss about Middle East and India pressuring RIM was buzzing around. I don't want to dive into the boring details but this is the gist of what I have learned:

- BIS users can have their messages handed over by RIM if RIM is provided a warrant by a law enforcement agency.
    - BES users would require cooperation from the BES owner to retrieve any information from a single user (with ease) or:
    - Physical access to the phone opens up more windows for brute forcing the device. (Google "chip off blackberry" or "jtag blackberry" for more information).
    - The majority of the methods used to retrieve information off of a BlackBerry can still pretty easily be prevented by simply using a very strong password along with enabling the encryption of the physical memory on the device through the Options menu on a BlackBerry.

There are many communities online that require you to verify your identity as a law enforcement agent in order for you to access their knowledge base. There are clearly ways of retrieving data from a BlackBerry...whether or not that data is usable once it is retrieved is another story. If the data is encrypted with a very strong password, it could take an unjustifiable amount of time to brute force it. The data could also be encrypted beneath RIM's technologies with a third party encryption.

So basically...if you're on a BES server it is a crap shoot that would require IT administrator cooperation or physical access to the device. If you're on BIS, your communications are safe from the average prying eye unless you have attracted the attention of law enforcement.
    Keep in mind these devices are used for Government official communications, and when set up correctly (strongest encryption, 15+ character complex password) considered "safe" from data retrieval on the device. The BES of course can be set to audit everything (or block what cannot be audited).
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-02-13 06:02 AM
    I have done extensive research on this topic earlier this year when all the fuss about Middle East and India pressuring RIM was buzzing around.
    u mean yesterday?
    lol... sorry... couldn't help it... it's the start of the year and this mistake is too common it became redundant already...

ok, carry on guy...
    the blackberry criminal thingy.....
    i use a blackberry, therefore i'm a .................... ,

not.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-02-13 06:17 AM
    u mean yesterday?
    lol... sorry... couldn't help it... it's the start of the year and this mistake is too common it became redundant already...

ok, carry on guy...
    the blackberry criminal thingy.....
    i use a blackberry, therefore i'm a BlackBerry user and abuser,

got it?

There, fixed that for ya.
    01-02-13 08:25 AM
    Still ..... Roflmao, proove it.
    I read it on the interwebz therefore its true
    01-02-13 09:40 AM
    lol.... abused blackberry on hand physically and mentally...

wait... that sounds like i'm doing something criminal now....
    where's my ski mask?

01-02-13 09:59 AM
    So does anyone who have something to hide.
    01-02-13 10:02 AM
    Everyone has something they want to hide from someone. I don't care who you are.
    01-02-13 10:14 AM
    01-02-13 11:22 AM
    From the post BK is referring, "i use a blackberry, therefore i'm a BlackBerry user and abuser,"

So you're saying J is a drug user and weed abuser? Maybe he/she needs to move to Washington State where those activities are legal within the state border unless federal law enforcement intercepts him/her on a highway.
    01-02-13 11:35 AM
    Everyone has something they want to hide from someone. I don't care who you are.
    Yep, I prefer using the toilet without an audience. But the cats are wily critters. LOL
    01-02-13 11:37 AM
    Ok, late to this thread and don't know if this has been realized but if RIM goes with BBM money can't criminals use their BB to hide who they are with just their PIN and ask for money pretending to be someone's friend on BBM?
    01-02-13 12:01 PM
    Is that not where you posted,lol,touche!
    I read it on the interwebz therefore its true
    01-02-13 12:29 PM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS, A MILLION TIMES THIS.....

Yet your letter has not arrived today,lol. Still waiting.
    01-02-13 12:31 PM
    Ok, late to this thread and don't know if this has been realized but if RIM goes with BBM money can't criminals use their BB to hide who they are with just their PIN and ask for money pretending to be someone's friend on BBM?
    There will always be a trail. How would the criminals get the money out of their BBM accounts and into their hands so they can buy things? That money would have to be transferred to a bank account and then withdrawn or used via a debit card. The link is still there.

If RIM created a way to collect money with BBM that allowed you to just use NFC to tap and make anonymous payments in store, then they would become the worlds largest bank in a hurry.
    01-02-13 12:46 PM
    Keep in mind these devices are used for Government official communications, and when set up correctly (strongest encryption, 15+ character complex password) considered "safe" from data retrieval on the device. The BES of course can be set to audit everything (or block what cannot be audited).
    Quoted for truth.

Also, another method used by forensics agencies is to use the media card and brute force the password on that image since it is usually the same password on the device. This is a non invasive procedure and can be done without destroying the phone to retrieve the memory chip. So if you have something to hide (from anyone, these services are available to regular folks as well from many companies, not just for law enforcement) make sure you have a nice long password with symbols, numbers, capitals, etc.
    01-02-13 12:52 PM
    From the post BK is referring, "i use a blackberry, therefore i'm a BlackBerry user and abuser,"

So you're saying J is a drug user and weed abuser? Maybe he/she needs to move to Washington State where those activities are legal within the state border unless federal law enforcement intercepts him/her on a highway.
    Actually....they are supposedly going to leave us alone, though I guess the federal response guidelines haven't been released yet, but I doubt they will be intercepting people on highways like that unless they decided to crack down on it.

And this is crackberry, so saying someone is a blackberry user and abuser is just crackberry lingo, they weren't saying anything about real drugs....
    01-02-13 01:07 PM
146 ... 3456