I just checked out the Contacts part of my Gmail.

There is a (new?) folder called My Contacts which has three new contacts, two of which I have NEVER emailed before or entered in my Gmail account in any shape or form. They are contacts which I have called from my Blackberry, and in my Gmail Contacts there are the names and their phone number (I don't even have their email addresses. I use the same Blackberry to access my Gmail account.

The question is, HOW AND WHY have these contacts transferred over to Google? Is it because I use Google Maps on my phone and have given Google consent to access my Blackberry address book?

Either way it is VERY creepy and can someone please tell me how this has happened.

Many thanks.

ps. This is posted in a thread started by someone else... Just re-posting it in my own thread .
    04-02-12 08:08 PM
    It is probably because of google maps. I highly doubt there is a security exploit.
    04-02-12 08:43 PM
    If you have Gmail as one of your emails, it does have a settings to Sync 'Contacts' and 'Calendars'. You can disable them if needed.
    04-03-12 02:58 AM
    Hm, that could be the case, but if it were, all my BB contacts would be in my Gmail contacts, which they aren't. Just the last two contacts which I added.
    04-03-12 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD