I was just wondering, is there a way to create a (ghost) image of the blackberry? Ghost image similar to what Symantec Ghost does for personal computers. Better yet, is there a utility out there that will do a complete (apps, data, OS, etc...) back up of a Blackberry?
    09-29-09 06:45 AM
    I will need others to chime in, but I think I can help you out some.

Have you loaded Blackberry Desktop Manager? If so, there is a backup function. Run this and it will take a snapshot of all of your data/settings/etc.

But I don't believe it actually backs up your third-party apps you m ay have downloaded. I think the best way to do that, from the reading I have done, is to go into Desktop Manager and use the "device switch" option. This will back up your apps into a "loader" file. You will just be cancelling out of the process after the backup is done and before you actually "switch" devices......which, if you didn't escape out, I think it would wipe your exisiting BB.
    09-29-09 07:14 AM
    yea, the DM backup is a great feature.
    09-29-09 07:29 AM
    Ghost is totally different then BlackBerry Desktop Mangers Backup, it captures an image file of the content of a disk partition that can be written back to recreate a customized build with applications fully configured.

I have used it for Windows NT and OS/2 system maintenance jobs.

There is nothing comparable for the BlackBerry.
    09-29-09 09:09 AM
    So my only/best option is to use the "device switch" wizard from the Desktop Manager and cancel out of it once it creates a folder with all my settings and 3rd party apps?
    I was just hoping that there would be some easier/quicker way to make a complete backup (data, settings and 3rd party apps).
    10-09-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD