From Bplay is $10!! I think thats a bit steep, the graphics look really nice but dag!
    06-20-08 11:51 AM
    so how is it?
    06-20-08 12:00 PM
    lol i didnt try it!
    06-20-08 12:09 PM
    Okay - I was brave enough to lay down USD9.99 for this game.
    It's in the same style of Crash Racer (which is a direct rip off of Nintendo Mario Karts) - you race, pick up power ups and try and pick up the letters "CRASH" for some bonus or something.
    Races are conducted in three race cups to unlock characters and purchase upgrades to carts.

The review/comments below are my first impressions and gameplay for a short time only.

Summary
    Pros
    + It's a Crash Team Racer classic remake

Cons
    - It's a poorly made remake - even for a racing game
    - Gameplay is sluggish and underdone
    - Below average graphics and presentation
    - Audio is repetitive and annoying

Detailed Comments/Review
    Game play was very stodgy and slow. Turning left and right had the retro feel of early 80's F1 games where the cart tilted left or right and the road scrolled by and kept you in the center of the screen. Opponents tended to skip frame by frame left or right as they neared you and responsiveness was sluggish.

As objects neared you, you got a basic exclaimation mark indicator warning or left/right arrow. For objects on the ground (whether the letters or powerup boxes) you got no warning and you had to remember where they were the next time round the track. Same for pit falls and traps.
    Hitting the boxes seemed inconsistent - a near hit wouldn't register and you almost had to hit it square on to collect the powerup.

Audio was very basic and the background music sounded a lot better when you switched it off! If you turn the cart hard enough, you heard some skidding noise, though it didn't seem to correlate to how the image of the cart.

If you are a Crash Cart fan, then you may be inclined to purchase this game. What is really annoying is that there is no demo for it and so some turkey (ie. me!) had to purchase and try it out before anyone realises how good (or bad) it is.

Summary
    I suggest you look elsewhere if you were after a racing game. I have tried to be honest in my review and I cannot recommend this game to anyone.

Rating : 4/10 (+1 on the score for being a Crash Cart classic)

Other Comments
    Unfortunately, I have found many games on the BB to be disappointing - and have found better BB games from Gameloft (eg. www . gamemobile . co . uk) to be better presented and gameplay far more polished - such as Urban Asphalt Racing
    Last edited by yorrick; 06-20-08 at 05:25 PM.
    06-20-08 05:07 PM
    Oh man... Crash Bandicoot... now that takes me back!!
    06-20-08 05:12 PM
    thanks for the review, i was thinking of getting it. not now
    06-20-08 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD