CrackPIc 1.1 is released. It has very little functionality change fro v1.0 other than it now supports a device password for the duration of the current CrackPic session.

JeffH bugged me to put this in so here it is.

When you run CrackPic, it prompts you for a password. The password is visible as you type it in and is stored unencrypted in the PCs memory so, it is not secure at all if you are paranoid. Most people will never have a problem with this but I felt that I should mention it.

IT IS RECCOMENDED TO UNINSTALL CRACKPIC V1.0 BEFORE YOU INSTALL V1.1

If you have a password on your lackBerry, type it into the input box and select OK to proceed.

If you do not have a password then still select OK to proceed and the password is set to no password and the program will open.

You may now take as many screenshots as you wish just as before.

Here is CrackPic v1.0 (109 downloads) a small free utility to take picture of your BlackBerry screen.

To use this program, download and install it and then run it. Press the big button and if your phone is connected and you have Desktop Manager (this is a must have) installed on your PC then you should see a screenshot apear shortly afterwards.

The image will apear in MS-Paint with the name bb.bmp. You should now save this in the format (.bmp, jpg, etc) and the name you want in the folder you wish.

If you run CrackPic a second time it will overwrite the previous copy of bb.bmp so make sure that you save the picture that you want in the right place.

I noticed that I had to run it twice before I got a good picture of my 8100 Pearl screen. I think that this is due to the relatively slow processor of this phone.

On my 8310 Curve it worked every time.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Pete6; 10-25-08 at 01:07 PM.
    09-01-08 10:20 AM
    Nice application Pete!!

I am starting to feel that JL_cmdr will be useless once you are finished making all of your programs!! Keep 'em comin'
    09-01-08 11:00 AM
    Cool app. I wish I was as talented as you
    09-01-08 11:03 AM
    Please understand that I do not write these programs. I am using kids from my son's old school that he either knew or was in class with to actually write the program or, do the coding as they put it.

All the kids learned IT and Delphi programming in school and two of them carried + my son on with it through university. It is these two that I am using. It costs in beer but it is worth it.

My role is to design the program look and to decide on the functionality and the program flow (how you get from the start to the end of it). With CrackPic, this is one button, duh.

I am if you like just managing the project.

I am also not specifically taking aim at JL_Cmder but there are some functions that I feel need to be made easier so that people can manage their phones.

Anyway, I hope that you like what has come out.

Pete
    09-01-08 11:08 AM
    Thanks Pete. What a neat little application. Very easy to use
    09-01-08 11:15 AM
    Thanks I was using Rover!! I installed it and kinda weird at first. If your not careful you'll save the pic god knows where on your PC. I had to do it 3 times just to see where it was saving the pic.

BUt It works great
    Last edited by sam123gil; 09-01-08 at 11:32 AM.
    09-01-08 11:17 AM
    Sweet Pete! I never had the patience do do all the steps. Now I'll be to post a pic of my BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 11:20 AM
    Please understand that I do not write these programs. I am using kids from my son's old school that he either knew or was in class with to actually write the program or, do the coding as they put it.

All the kids learned IT and Delphi programming in school and two of them carried + my son on with it through university. It is these two that I am using. It costs in beer but it is worth it.

My role is to design the program look and to decide on the functionality and the program flow (how you get from the start to the end of it). With CrackPic, this is one button, duh.

I am if you like just managing the project.

I am also not specifically taking aim at JL_Cmder but there are some functions that I feel need to be made easier so that people can manage their phones.

Anyway, I hope that you like what has come out.

Pete
    Completely understand I really commend you for coming out with these apps, and "managing" the design of them... haha

And I know you are not specifically aiming at JL_cmdr and targeting them, but your apps make certain processes much simpler. And, as far as I know, JL has not been upgraded in a long long while... (not that it needs to be, since it works, but a GUI would be nice... rather than the interface they are using currently!)

Anyhow, thanks for putting out another solid app!! Rated and subscribed and will refer this app to many many people!
    09-01-08 11:29 AM
    Perfect. It prompted me for my password and took the picture. Could you possibly give it persistent memory, so it could remember my password from one use to the next?
    09-01-08 11:30 AM
    This wiil be easier for newbies than some of the others that are out there. Well done!
    09-01-08 11:36 AM
    Bmc is right about jl needing a gui. It took me a while to figure out how to use it! For some reason I had a heck of a time finding it - it never installed where it was supposed to. With your work Pete, those problems are a thing of the past. Thank you for building these programs.

Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 11:48 AM
    Like everyone else has said, thanks for the program! It is VERY easy to use!
    09-01-08 11:52 AM
    Perfect. It prompted me for my password and took the picture. Could you possibly give it persistent memory, so it could remember my password from one use to the next?
    I is possible to do but is quite complex from a program flow point of view because you have to decide if the particular phone has a password or not and click the appropriate button. The password dialog box you talk to is not CrackPic, it is Javaloader.exe (distributed with CrackPic).

The steps neccessary would be:
    • decide if the phone has a password or not (get the user to press button A - for no password or button B - with password.
    • Capture the password correctly and store it on the PC (highly insecure)
    • Pass that to Javaloader via the command javaloader -u -w<password>
    • Proceed with the picture javaloader -u screenshot bb.bmp.
    If this becomes a real problem, then I'll look into doing it but, I would rather not do so if you don;t mind.
    09-01-08 11:59 AM
    Thank you once again Pete
    09-01-08 12:02 PM
    Completely understand I really commend you for coming out with these apps, and "managing" the design of them... haha

And I know you are not specifically aiming at JL_cmdr and targeting them, but your apps make certain processes much simpler. And, as far as I know, JL has not been upgraded in a long long while... (not that it needs to be, since it works, but a GUI would be nice... rather than the interface they are using currently!)

Anyhow, thanks for putting out another solid app!! Rated and subscribed and will refer this app to many many people!
    OK, which JL_Cmder functions do we need in a new app?

I'm up for building a new app. We need to decide what needs to go into it. MAybe it would be better to do this via PM.

I already have CrackIT done (finished about 15 mins ago). This program uses the procedure laid down in naviwilliams post http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/. I have already asked and obtained his permissin to use the method he lays down.

I need testers for this if anyone needs an IT Policy removed.

I now need to build the install and write the help text for CrackIT..
    09-01-08 12:07 PM
    ...I now need to build the install and write the help text for CrackIT..
    It probably doesn't need any help, but since you've got the button in CrackPic...?
    09-01-08 12:42 PM
    It probably doesn't need any help, but since you've got the button in CrackPic...?
    I have just finished writing CrackIT's help file and I am gong to put it up in a few minutes. Please have a look if you have the time. I would welcome your fredback.
    09-01-08 01:48 PM
    I have just finished writing CrackIT's help file and I am gong to put it up in a few minutes. Please have a look if you have the time. I would welcome your fredback.
    I will. I was just making a joke about CrackPic, since its help button said it was help for CrackMem...
    09-01-08 01:51 PM
    Thank you for sharing this
    09-01-08 10:46 PM
    I will. I was just making a joke about CrackPic, since its help button said it was help for CrackMem...
    I guess that I must have missed that one. I have also noticed that there are references to CrackMem all ovr the Help text. I'll fix it in a couple of days and put up a new version.
    09-02-08 12:31 AM
    I actually came across a utility a few weeks ago that allows you the ability to take a snapshot of your phone's screen and save the images to your SD card rather than hook your phone up to your laptop or desktop which may not always be available!

I find this software much simpler to use than always having to plug in to another machine to take a capture of what is on your screen. The software is called SnapScreen
    Last edited by irresistible; 09-02-08 at 05:39 AM.
    09-02-08 05:25 AM
    I actually came across a utility a few weeks ago that allows you the ability to take a snapshot of your phone's screen and save the images to your SD card rather than hook your phone up to your laptop or desktop which may not always be available!

I find this software much simpler to use than always having to plug in to another machine to take a capture of what is on your screen. The software is called SnapScreen
    Sounds like a neat piece of software. Edit: I just looked at SnapScreen and it is a 30 day free trial pay later program. It costs $7.

Of course you still need to connect to the PC to transfer the file anywere other than on your phone and it takes up Device Memory when you install the program on your PC.

I made a decision that the current batch of stuff that I published was going to be PC based, easy to use and complementary to Desktop Manager.

My overall goal is to make the BlackBerry easier to manage by the average user. If they have a problem then they can very easily use CrackPic to publish a phono and that was what was in the front of my mind long before it was written.
    Last edited by Pete6; 09-02-08 at 01:06 PM.
    09-02-08 08:00 AM

Thank you!

Dm
    09-02-08 09:36 AM
    Thanks, Pete6! This could come in handy one day.
    09-05-08 07:18 PM
    has anyone gotten this to work with the BOLD9000? it hangs while reading memory for me..
    10-08-08 11:46 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD