Hello everyone,

I have recently been given a new T mobile curve from a friend and am trying to unlock it so i can use it here in Bangkok.

Ive gotten as far as: options-advanced options-sim card and put in the MEPD

it then asks me for a MEP code,

I can just go to the local mall and get it done for me for about 10 bucks, but if anyone can point me in the right direction of getting the MEP code for my phone FREE, it would be great, i would like to start messin with my new phone NOW!!!!

any info from anyone would be great.

happy holidays to all!
    12-19-08 09:31 AM
    oh ya, im not sure if mine is the 8300, its a T mobile curve for sure, but not sure the exact model and not sure how to check.

ive never owned or used a black berry before!
    12-19-08 09:33 AM
    oh ya, im not sure if mine is the 8300, its a T mobile curve for sure, but not sure the exact model and not sure how to check.

ive never owned or used a black berry before!
    May I hazard a guess and suggest to look under the battery?

As far as unlock codes, you can do a google or ebay search for those unless you know the price at the shopping mall is competitive enough.

If your friend fulfilled his contract you can also try to have him ask TMO directly for the code. Free.

-m
    12-19-08 09:48 AM
    TMobile is an 8320
    12-19-08 09:49 AM
    theres nothing under the batery, any info that might have been there has been removed.

this phone only had a "shelf life" contract of three months and then it expiers,
    there is no way of getting any other info for the phone.

Yes, the mall will have better prices than anyone on ebay or google selling the codes, i was just woundering if i would be able to get em now and free as its about 11 pm here.

Thanks for your help
    12-19-08 09:54 AM
    Well, took my BB to the mall to get unlocked. After a 3 hour wait i was told that they could not unlock it. very strange i think, concidering that Thailand is one of the biggest bootleg/counterfiting countries in the world.

They told me that they could not unlock the reigon of the phone. The man who owned the stall proceeded to show me all his other berrys that are unlocked from canada, hungary, etc.....

does anyone know the reason that he might not be able to unlock it?

if i was to pay someone on the net for the MEP codes, will it work?

thanks again for any info!
    12-22-08 08:32 AM
    To find your model go to options-about and it is on the first line. There are sites for unlocking your bb and several companies that will do it. Try calling tmo first. Then use the search function on this site. I know its been discussed a lot here and you should be able to find an answer to your question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 09:43 AM
    i know the model, curve 8320.

is unlocking a phone different if its from a different country?

this is a crooked phone and has been used for no good,

what would a reason be for the trouble of unlocking this phone?
    if all else fails, i will just go online, but would like to save money and time by just doing it here

thanks again!
    12-22-08 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD